• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Royal Rumble '17 |OT| Follow The Buzzers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

So, the Royal Rumble....

First, I watched with my girlfriend the Cena vs Styles match and the Rumble. She had never seen a wrestling match or anything before. She didn't like Styles vs Cena because they spent a lot of time doing nothing. She had fun with the Rumble since there were all these guys coming in and doing fun spots. She liked the Undertaker in the promos but when he arrived balding as hell and fat she wasn't a fan. She liked the big swing from Cesaro. She isn't going to start watching (that wasn't my goal anyway) but I found her reaction amusing and it was fun.

Now, my thoughts. Man, I didn't see that at all. Balor at 30 was my guess to take it or Taker so they could do Taker vs Cena but Orton? ORTON? Can't say I'm looking forward to Mania. Well, I can say I'm not looking forward to it. No interest in the stuff set up in this Rumble.

The match itself was fun (always is) but I don't care for anything that came out of it.

Tye will be wasted on Raw or Smackdown or whatever. He is awesome but after what they did to Tyler Breeze I have no hope.

Raw64life

Would love to see the moment backstage when Dillinger came out and HHH had to explain to Vince who he is, what the fans were chanting, and why.

Sephzilla

Would love to see the moment backstage when Dillinger came out and HHH had to explain to Vince who he is, what the fans were chanting, and why.

Vince_McMahon_crop_340x234-300x206.jpg

Why is this guy over but Roman isn't?

Sephzilla

That "10" stuff with the crowd could absolutely catapult Dillinger way further than he should be, though. I wouldn't say Daniel Bryan tier, though.

They're going to try to attach a one word chant for Reigns.

Worked for Austin.

Worked for Bryan.

Worked for Tye.

I can feel it.

I balee dat. They've slapped so many other slogans/catch phrases to him

Draxal

I don't get Tye Dillinger. Maybe it's that stupid power rangers collar thing he wears though, but I think he's going to flounder on the main roster.

He doesn't wear it every match.

He has a good theme song and fun gimmick with an easy chant.

He also lost alot of matches, if anything I see him as something like Enzo.

Is it cool to hate Roman this much? You hardcore guys seem to be the only ones that put this much energy into hating the guy. I've been to a few shows, and when Roman comes out, kids, women, and casual fans all are cheering and having a good time. The hardcore guys all seem to get a boost of energy just to boo him as loud as they can. For somebody you all don't like, you sure love to talk about him all the time. He didn't win anything at The Rumble, yet he's topic number 1..2..and 3 for a lot of you.

Mahonay

Banned
Is it cool to hate Roman this much? You hardcore guys seem to be the only ones that put this much energy into hating the guy. I've been to a few shows, and when Roman comes out, kids, women, and casual fans all are cheering and having a good time. The hardcore guys all seem to get a boost of energy just to boo him as loud as they can. For somebody you all don't like, you sure love to talk about him all the time. He didn't win anything at The Rumble, yet he's topic number 1..2..and 3 for a lot of you.
I have ears and it definitely did not sound like the majority of people loved Roman last night.

Also hot take.

Sephzilla

he's a topic of discussion because WWE forces him down everyone's throat constantly, plus he had no business being in the rumble in the first place. It's Cena syndrome.

Also, he gets booed pretty heavily at every single television event now. I don't think it's just hardcore guys who are sick of him.

Shadow780

I rewatched the Rumble on Network since my seat was kind of far. Man Taker is so out of shape he needs to hit the gym asap before Mania.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Kids will cheer for anyone who is a babyface. That argument never actually makes sense.

WWE had the power to quell this and they didn't. They kept pushing him and pushing him without trying to change things up, without trying to go back to the drawing board. Now I honestly think it's too late. Even if they are somehow able to "fix" Roman and give him decent storyline to work with, people will still boo him. It's become part of him now. 20 years from now when he does his quick one off Royal Rumble appearance, he will get boo'd.

He doesn't wear it every match.

He has a good theme song and fun gimmick with an easy chant.

He also lost alot of matches, if anything I see him as something like Enzo.

Which a shame, because Like Enzo: Well especially Tye, he good ring skill. It just sucks that it not been tapped into, I don't think i have ever seen him win a PPV match.

Lothar

Banned

That's called XPac heat. Just because we talk about him a lot doesn't mean he's good. It could mean he's bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Gotta admit no. 30 was GRADE A Trolling.

No, GRADE A TROLLING is having Daniel Bryan get eliminated in his first match back from a career threatening injury and then immediately sending out Goldust with the SHATTERED DREAMS Titantron intro.

That's called XPac heat. Just because we talk about him a lot doesn't mean he's good. It could mean he's bad.

Roman doesn't have X-Pac Heat. Most people accept he's a good performer - his match last night was good. It's heat at the man behind the man. Nobody likes Superman.

Sephzilla

Gotta admit no. 30 was GRADE A Trolling.

Vince was probably thinking "This crowd is gonna go nuts once Roman comes out here at #30! He'll get a chance to avenge the loss he took earlier tonight and get another shot at Owens!"

*Roman's music hits, crowd boos*

hbdltGq.gif

Vince: "Why!?"

Roman has to be heel, or at least play a more heel-like character in the run up to Mania if he is going to face Taker. Even Vince cannot expect the current Reigns character to work well against Taker.

None of you that replied answered why you all keep talking about him if you hate him so much? Also, you all addressed kids liking him as a throw away. Um, a lot of kids watch and get merchandise. Wrestling isn't just for us old dudes. Also, no ones seems to address the women and casual fans liking him. I guess those fan don't count either to you hardcore guys.

Mahonay

Banned
None of you that replied answered why you all keep talking about him if you hate him so much? Also, you all addressed kids liking him as a throw away. Um, a lot of kids watch and get merchandise. Wrestling isn't just for you old dudes. Also, no ones seems to address the women and casual fans liking him. I guess those fan don't count either to you hardcore guys.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. The large majority of current WWE viewers are adults.

Sephzilla

None of you that replied answered why you all keep talking about him if you hate him so much? Also, you all addressed kids liking him as a throw away. Um, a lot of kids watch and get merchandise. Wrestling isn't just for you old dudes. Also, no ones seems to address the women and casual fans liking him. I guess those fan don't count either to you hardcore guys.

the hardcore guys are the guys who end up buying the most merch, buy tickets for B-tier PPVs, and subscribe to shit like the WWE Network. They're also likely largest demographic of people tuning in for television at this point given WWE's dwindling ratings. Those fans count, but they're becoming more and more the minority, and part of the problem with Roman and WWE as a whole is that they're appealing to a dwindling audience.

I'm pretty sure the average age of a WWE viewer is also in their 30s - the teen/kid demographic has been dwindling in recent years which is a tell tale sign that they aren't really picking up any next generation viewers.

Heroman

Banned
What causal fans? WWE biggest fan base are dudes in their 30s who watched it as kids and keep on , they are also the people who spend the most and carry this company for most of the year.

Xater

None of you that replied answered why you all keep talking about him if you hate him so much? Also, you all addressed kids liking him as a throw away. Um, a lot of kids watch and get merchandise. Wrestling isn't just for us old dudes. Also, no ones seems to address the women and casual fans liking him. I guess those fan don't count either to you hardcore guys.

What exactly is your point? Are people in a thread about wrestling not allowed to talk about what annoys them about the product they just watched, and payed money for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom