• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE SummerSlam 2017 |OT| We Will Heel

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
That was a bottom-5 SummerSlam I think

He also taunts before all of them no matter what the circumstances are.

Match started great, but I kinda felt like it got worse as it went on.

I still think the tag match on the pre-show was the best of the night because it was paced so much better.

The Smackdown Tag Title Match is the only one that felt like a main event match tbh. The Fatal 4 Way was fun, but we saw that stuff every other week for years.

ShadyK54

Really? I thought it was surprising that Reigns ended up eating the pin with no real shenanigans.

I suppose they're gradually making Lesnar less and less OP, to make it more believable for any of the gimps from the modern roster to actually beat him clean.

Moreso the fact that Brock came back out after being stretchered out & won like that.

ghostjoke

Banned
Not ideal but not the worst. Wish Joe got more offence in to keep up the momentum he had going over the past while - even just bringing Lesnar to the ground with the coquina would have been nice - but damn did Strowman look like a monster. I hope Reigns eating the pin takes him out of the picture, but WWE logic will probably make him the no. 1 contender.

Overall, this show lacked the feel of being the no. 2 PPV of the year. Not helped by the G1 and Takeover being in such close proximity.

This has to be the worst ppv this year so far. I can't think of a worse one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleground_(2017)

Um.

Punjabi Prison + match involving a pole and running away to win.

NightOnyx

Well that was pretty disappointing all and all. The only match I really liked the whole way through was the Raw Tag match. AJ and KO was alright, but it should have been better. Final match was great for the first half but the second half lacked and I was really not happy with how they made Joe look out there. He went from a threat to Brock to being the odd man out. All the other matches were boring and lacking in some way, or were just flat out bad. I was hoping for more out of one of the big 4 PPV's.

theBmZ

That was great. Braun looked like a megastar. When they finally pull the trigger on him it's going to be awesome.

The rest of the show was shit however.

Brinbe

imagine how much better the reaction would be if you went out of the show with Nak and Braun or Joe as champs?

Vince is past it

3rdEdge

I thought Ambrose & Rollins/Sheamus & Cesaro was good, New Day/Usos was fantastic (my match of night - a pre-show match lol), AJ/KO was fun, and the Fatal Four Way was a great spectacle. Jinder beating Nakamura was dumb. Rusev jobbing in seconds was dumber. Everything else was...okay.

Also, Becky was the best Colonel Sanders.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Was hoping Dean and Seth would help Roman cheat to win.
Would have been a crazier finish.

but that would actually be interesting

And it'll be overshadowed by Nakamura/Styles. He'll be the only one in the arena aroused at that point.

there will be no Nakamura / Styles at WM. Well not for a world title anyway.

Ithil

the place would have erupted, show would have gone off the air with roman raising the belt and the crowd chanting yes

I guess they... don't want that?

Vince has been trying for four years to coronate Reigns at WM. He only wants to do it there.

Hex

Banned
Really not sure what I was expecting, only that really wasn't it.
What I knew going in:
Brock would retain because his contract still has time. As soon as they pulled the whole "If he loses he walks" thing it was obvious.
WWE has a tour of India in 2017 meaning that Jinder would retain. Just happened alot faster and with less fuckery than I expected.

The Raw tag titles match was fine.
Neville vs Tozawa was fine
New Day vs Usos was fine.

Bliss losing makes no sense, unless Asuka shows up tomorrow and kicks Sasha's teeth down her throat. Then it will be ok.

Naomi losing was best for her and Smackdown at this time, but it felt off. And not even a hint of cash in danger? In New York with Carmella? They should still be in NY Tuesday so there is still hope.

Big Show vs Cass was literally one of the stupidest things in my history of watching WWE (and that is around the first Mania)

Fucking Rusev...when will they let him out of whatever forsaken hellhole of a doghouse he is in.

I enjoyed Cena. Will probably never say that again .
Was good to see Demon Balor again, crowd was nuts.

The whole event was so sanitized and safe- no surprises, no twists.

NightOnyx

the place would have erupted, show would have gone off the air with roman raising the belt and the crowd chanting yes

I guess they... don't want that?

For how badly the want Roman to be the face of the WWE, you would think they would love to have a show end with the crowd cheering him for once, even if it was because of a Shield reunion. Instead we just have him spamming the superman punch with him jacking his fist off over and over again.

Loved the tag matches. Both were awesome. 
Atmosphere during both championship matches was unreal. 
Sasha vs Alexa match was good too.

Biggest pop was for Demon King entrance. He is way over.

It was really a fun experience. Crowd was awesome. Thank you chants and Goodbye chants during final match were hilarious.

Now I will be going for Smackdown on Tuesday. Hopefully Carmella will cash in.

EdmondD

Was thinking about watching this and Takover as my come back to WWE. It seemed good on paper. Seems like this sucked though. Oh well. I think I will just stick with NXT. I saw the Usos and New Day match though and that was really good. I hate the Usos but they were good.

Top Bottom