• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men ‘97 | Official Trailer

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Primal, for starters. Holy hell that show is great, though season 2 goes some weird places (even considering how weird S1 is, quite the feat!). NOT FOR KIDS!!!
Lower Decks is also great, the best team cooperative Trek experience in DECADES.
Arcane (I think that was the name) on netflix was fun, surprisingly good character development and action
The DnD podcast show, blanking on their name, has the big dumb barbarian, the elven twins, etc, is decent, if a bit heavy on the potty humor and what must be call backs to the podcast.

Anyway, not sure if these shows refute any complaints about X-men '97, but for my money they are good animated shows worth watching. Rick and Morty as well, though that should be obvious.

The Legend of Vox Machina

♪ Scanlan's haaaaaaaand!! ♪

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
For the sake of decent conversation, which western-created TV shows (animated or live action) from the past 3 years would you recommend people watch in place of this show?

Just looking for some recent positive recommendations.

Fall of the House of Usher
Severence
I Think You Should Leave

Animation wise, I don’t think there has been more than a single good series helmed entirely by western studios in the past decade, if not longer. And that one series was Arcane.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Apropos of nothing as I wait until tomorrow to watch ep6

8926iWl.jpg

taizuke

I have a question. I've noticed a couple of episodes refer to a singular X-Men as "X-Man". Has that always been a thing in the comics or the animated 90s show? I don't think even the live-action movies used it.

It's throwing me off a little bit. Even the new Deadpool 3 trailer has it.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I have a question. I've noticed a couple of episodes refer to a singular X-Men as "X-Man". Has that always been a thing in the comics or the animated 90s show? I don't think even the live-action movies used it.

It's throwing me off a little bit. Even the new Deadpool 3 trailer has it.

X-Men is plural... The group is "the X-Men"... X-Man is singular... It makes sense and has been used in the comics and movies.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, while I'd be curious if they ever refer to Storm or Rogue as an "X-man", or if they did, if/when they stopped, it seems pretty obvious that individual members of the group "The X-men" would be referred to as an "X-man". The usage is inclusive of females up till the late 90s early 2000s I'd say.

AREYOUOKAY?

Yeah, while I'd be curious if they ever refer to Storm or Rogue as an "X-man", or if they did, if/when they stopped, it seems pretty obvious that individual members of the group "The X-men" would be referred to as an "X-man". The usage is inclusive of females up till the late 90s early 2000s I'd say.
Well I posted this before

Toons

I still haven't actually watched this but literally only see universal praise of it. Probably gonna resub to d plus next month and catch up. Not even gonna bother rewatching the original, i know my x men lore decently well enough.

Glad they got my boy nightcrawler in there.

Toons

For the sake of decent conversation, which western-created TV shows (animated or live action) from the past 3 years would you recommend people watch in place of this show?

Just looking for some recent positive recommendations.

I'm assuming you don't want mcu/star wars stuff stuff so for live action I can list the bear, reservation dogs, succession, and Atlanta to name a few.

I dont watch a ton of non comedy action cartoons these days(there are still comedy ones I enjoy) but bad batch was solid(im not caught up on it) and samurai jacks final season from a few years ago was amazing.

jason10mm

Gold Member
See, this issue here is "X-women" is EXCLUSIVE of men, but "X-men" has ALWAYS been INCLUSIVE of women. So when some radical feminist screeches about "x-women get paid 83% compared to the x-men!!!" zhe is actually creating a false dichotomy as the X-men were accepting of pretty much everything that could cross the threshold of Xaviers school and, most importantly, adhere to the moral code of conduct he established. It was never about gender or any of that, "man/men" was just used as shorthand for "HUman" in a way that pretty much every english speaker understood until recently.

It highlights how pandering it is to try to grab a niche audience when you have all-female teams. All-male or mixed gender teams get no commentary, but EVERYONE accepts them, but all female tends to generate lots of fanfare for no reason other than "hey, nothing but vaginas on this team!". It's silly and ought to be gauche and socially unacceptable, and of course if all women teams could compete equally to the all men teams then none of this would even matter, but we know that there are very few, if any, arenas where all female teams have parity, much less an actual edge. Childbirth, I guess :p

Top Bottom