• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men ‘97 | Official Trailer

poodaddy

When's this season expected to end? I'm wanting to binge the series with my daughter when it's all wrapped up, as I'm not a fan of the weekly thing.

poodaddy

Next Wednesday is the last episode
Birdman Rubbing Hands GIF

kondorBonk

Oh boy. I had a feeling once those two started fighting we'd get Bone Claw Wolverine. I can do without the bad redesign down the road but hopefully they find a happy place and keep his current look.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Have to agree. Still enjoy the show immensely but what happens at the end of episode 9 shouldn’t have been a still frame. It’s an iconic event for one of the most popular Marvel characters and they gave us one frame.

It's a recreation of the panel where Wolverine's adamantium is pulled out. It's an Easter egg for comic fans.

tkscz

Boy people are watching this episode and insisting
Magneto did nothing wrong. They straight up say his action killed thousands of humans and mutants. Then he has the gull to bring up the death of mutants on Genosha like mother fucker you can't kill a bunch of mutants yourself and blame the death of previous mutants as your reasoning

AREYOUOKAY?

While it's not exciting when it comes to gameplay it's nice to see what Wolverine looks like.

I think the leaked build only had Bishop to play.

I enjoyed this season but this was Legend of Korra season 1 all over again. Some aspects of it, including the pacing, felt rushed, and that's probably because Disney didn't guarantee them a second season during production, let alone guarantee them the 12 episode stretch they really needed.

Super Bastion should have felt like Perfect Cell, but he was instead taken out within 1.5 episodes. Now instead of this cool new villain (new to the 90s show) who was kind of calculating in a way, we will be going back to Apocalypse and his BS again.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
^^Yup and season 2 is basically done.

But I don't know how season 3 is going to go because they fired Beau DeMayo

They greenlit 3 seasons before production began, they’re going beyond that with its success.
I thought it was mid-to late production that this was announced?

If so then that makes this ending seem even worse, because they had the room to breathe and still kind of rushed it. Hopefully the pacing is better in season 2 and 3 because I enjoyed it greatly otherwise.

tkscz

They did it. Spider-man and Madam Web found Mary Jane!

Also it's cool to see they consider all the 90's Marvel shows as a single universe though I wish they went with Iron Man's season 2 Armor

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Best thing Disney has put out in 5 years. Wonder how long it will take Disney execs to ruin it. *looks over at The Mandalorian*
Well season 2 is basically done and it was done by the same people who made this past season... But the man behind the stories (Beau DeMayo) either quit or was fired and no telling who's doing season 3

Toons

I finally started watching last week. Im now on episode 6.

Jesus this show is phenomenal. It manages to have all the childlike awesomeness of the superheroes but still captures the relevant and poignant messages that make the characters sing and resonate.

This show understands why the x men are so great a story. We can use more animation like this.

kondorBonk

Overall great revival and I'd be happy to see more but I am split.
You can tell story pacing, fight choreography, voice acting and general animation have all greatly improved and they do their best to keep as close to the 90s cartoon as possible.

As much as I loved the cartoon when it aired, it feels crazy rushed each episode. You are working against hard censors and you had to dance around more complex themes and tie up most episodes in 30min. Revisiting the old show, it does feel dated but that is still the aesthetic of X-men I like the most.

Hopefully they keep this one going a few seasons but I'd like a proper attempt from square one and letting the story grow more organically and see more of the "school" and growth of the characters (Without turning it into a high-school centric show like Evolution).

I just wish they could 1:1 reuse the character designs for their next project. These are just so incredibly iconic.

Dazrael

For a school for gifted youngsters there are a distinct lack of students. Is there a reason why it’s so empty? Plus how much cash reserves has Xavier got to afford the amount of Blackbird’s they are destroying? This fantastical cartoon is so unrealistic.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
For a school for gifted youngsters there are a distinct lack of students. Is there a reason why it’s so empty? Plus how much cash reserves has Xavier got to afford the amount of Blackbird’s they are destroying? This fantastical cartoon is so unrealistic.
The first x-men movie started that. It was just the xmen in the school for decades in the comics.

Dazrael

Yeah it was only ever the team that went to the school in the comics, I thought the film depiction was pretty decent seeing as it’s meant to be an actual working school.

As to where Charles fills his coffers, who knows. Maybe he hits the tables in Las Vegas once a year.

JCK75

I waited to watch based on the modern state of MCU and Disney.. but yea.. it's fantastic and is pretty much everything I could want from an X-Men cartoon
and thank you for making Cyclops be amazing and not a friggen joke.

Toons

Not once watching this show(finished the season) did i ever think "man, rogues ass is too small here"

Just goes to show how friggin dumb that whole thing was. None of that matters in a show that's actually good. Thats stuff people think about when the show is bad so there's nothing else to dwell on.

She was great in this, as was everyone else. Just a masterclass at work in general.

Ulysses 31

Not once watching this show(finished the season) did i ever think "man, rogues ass is too small here"

Just goes to show how friggin dumb that whole thing was. None of that matters in a show that's actually good. Thats stuff people think about when the show is bad so there's nothing else to dwell on.

She was great in this, as was everyone else. Just a masterclass at work in general.
Have you watched the video? The ass was merely a footnote. They're overall pretty positive but do remark they're burning through a lot of source material and that we may end up with another season 8 GOT when it comes to quality fall off compared to the first season.

Top Bottom