• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

mclem

That then remains on your account where you can't do much with it until you get a 360 to download it onto, or it becomes BC, at which point it will be available to download from the XB1 dash.

How's the user notified about the latter?

Akai__

I hope the next month doesn't feature 2 games from the same franchise. I played both Metro titles for 20-30 minutes each and realized that it's not a game that I want to continue. :/

Chris1

I hope the next month doesn't feature 2 games from the same franchise. I played both Metro titles for 20-30 minutes each and realized that it's not a game that I want to continue. :/

Yeh I thought that was a bit silly of them. They should have had Metro Last Light next month or something, having two games in the same franchise is shitty, if you don't like it then, well you're shit outta luck for the whole month.

Each month should have two games from different genres so there's a higher chance of it appealing to people IMO.

Eanan

RYSE /lococycle. believe.

I honestly think that since Microsoft know lots of people want Ryse on GWG, they will refuse to put it on it for until another like 6 months. They know a good chunk of people will get sick of waiting for it on GWG and just buy it.

Akai__

I gave 2033 a good 3 hours but I couldn't get into it.

Normally, I give games a little more time to get an impression, but I just couldn't do it for Metro.

But I don't want to complain too much, because they are free anyways. :p

Yeh I thought that was a bit silly of them. They should have had Metro Last Light next month or something, having two games in the same franchise is shitty, if you don't like it then, well you're shit outta luck for the whole month.

Each month should have two games from different genres so there's a higher chance of it appealing to people IMO.

Agreed.

Pretty sure they stated that anything released from the date of the announcement will be compatible.

The website says -

"When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One. That means Xbox Live Gold members now will get more free games to play each month on Xbox One"

If there's been a specific announcement for Preview Members stating differently, then great.

The website says -

"When backward compatibility launches in November, all future Xbox 360 Games with Gold titles will be playable on Xbox One. That means Xbox Live Gold members now will get more free games to play each month on Xbox One"

If there's been a specific announcement for Preview Members stating differently, then great.

They did say this at Gamescom though.

all-future-360-games-with-gold-backwards-compatible-with-xbox-one-1117755.jpg

The website says -

Nope, just going from the way they phrased it during the on-stage announcement and GAF's reactions at the time. The way they stated it on stage made it seem like every 360 title from then on was backwards compatible. My mistake, haven't really kept up.

Edit: as the post above shows, it's a little confusing.

mike4001_

I believe in the speech at Gamescon it sounded like "from now on", and the official press release said November.

It´s possible that they only write November because technically we cannot play the titles at the moment but will can in November.

We will see.

EDIT => @Family Fry: That´s what I meant :)

I made the mistake of starting How to Survive the other night while waiting for something else to download, and now I feel like I need to finish it.

I hate it, though.

Is it always this boring/bad?
I'm getting more supplies/getting better before tackling the third island, because the game says I'm underleveled.

Edit: I'm kicking myself a bit for forgetting about Metro 2033, because I did like that game a lot when I played through it at launch. But I'd much rather replay it on next-gen.

Chris1

Yea I think it's next month onwards they will be BC, maybe even this month (Technically Last Light is a future GWG, it was just announced before). Everyone thinks thats the case, if it wasn't I would think Phil or someone would correct people.

The website either says November because that's when BC officially launches or because the games won't be available until then.

I sent -

"@XboxSupport I'm on the Xbox One preview program, will i get backwards compatible GWG 360 games starting Sept, or not until Nov? Thanks."

I got back -

"@FastestfingerX The games will start in November, for more about this program check out the info here: http://t.co/CPTs8Z38LT ^JR"

https://twitter.com/fastestfingerx/status/635803702071312384

So, either what was suggested on stage was ambiguous/misleading, or people even within MS don't fully understand what's going on.

Either way, it's no surprise gamers are confused.

For the record, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I'd be glad of BC games next month, but I'm not holding my breath.

sangreal

Unrelated to the news, but I wish they would stop using the "greatest games lineup in Xbox history" sentence so much. Even if they have arguments to back it up, repeating it over and over feels so forced. If you're confident it's "the greatest lineup...", just let your consumers make that statement by themselves.

Yeah, it's really grating. Terrible tagline

Deer game looks good, I agree with the comments about it not trying to pretend it's old, just a good throwback.

All I know is I absolutely love How to Survive. It's so good!

JonnyKong

Has that happened before, a game coincidentally coming out the same day as Games With Gold refreshes? I thought that was just a PS+ thing.

Next month we're going to get Kalimba, I can feel it.

Chris1

Has that happened before, a game coincidentally coming out the same day as Games With Gold refreshes? I thought that was just a PS+ thing.

Next month we're going to get Kalimba, I can feel it.

I could be wrong but I think it was GWG that actually started that.

So Many Me, Massive Chalice, Pool Nation FX, #IDARB, Volgarr the viking, Chariot, Guacamelee have all been GWG on release. Guacamelee was the first on the second month of GWG on the XB1 (Last July)

I could be wrong but I think it was GWG that actually started that.

So Many Me, Massive Chalice, Pool Nation FX, #IDARB, Volgarr the viking, Chariot, Guacamelee have all been GWG on release. Guacamelee was the first on the second month of GWG on the XB1 (Last July)

It's been extremely common for both systems since the inception of the programs on the Xbox One and PS4.

etta

my hard graphic balls
The Deer God looks good, I love those colors. I generally dislike blocky, pixelized graphics, but I have no issues with that game. Hopefully it is on GWG.

Top Bottom