• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Montresor

Here are my completely unrealistic hopes for next month's GWG:

360 (all backwards compatible with XB1):

Shadows of the Damned
Lollipop Chainsaw
Max Payne 3
Remember Me

XB1:

Sunset Overdrive
Ryse Son of Rome

Chris1

Me too. And to be honest I'm getting a little sick of these pixel art games.

Tried How to Survive for the first time last night. Good God, absolutely awful.

Dear god I hope not, reviews on Metacritic and Steam don't look so good.

There's a second game too on X1 now, so maybe the second game will be better for you guys.

Huge grain of salt but I saw this "leaked" GWG http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/game...acific-crysis-3-xbox360-deer-god-tomb-2270066

Xbox360
1st - 15th September - Battlestations Pacific
16th - 30th September - Crysis 3

Xbox One
1st - 30th September - The Deer God
16th September - 15th October - Tomb Raider: The Definitive Edition

If that turns out to be true.. you were right Steve, I didn't think they would make TRDE GWG.

Hope not already have TR and the it was just available for 360 a few months ago and the DE was on sale so I doubt it. They're gonna bundle the shit out of Tomb Raider in the holiday.

Its great for people who haven't played it yet, I guess.

I still hope for Ryse every month and get disappointed but this month I don't care since I'll be playing MGS and Gears all month.

Predictions:

Xbox 360

Mirrors Edge
Assassin's Creed Rouge

Xbox One
The Deer God
Watch_Dogs

Rosur

There's a second game too on X1 now, so maybe the second game will be better for you guys.

Huge grain of salt but I saw this "leaked" GWG http://www.hotukdeals.com/misc/game...acific-crysis-3-xbox360-deer-god-tomb-2270066

Xbox360

Xbox One

If that turns out to be true.. you were right Steve, I didn't think they would make TRDE GWG.

That would be nice. Especially if Crysis 3 is BC.

Montresor

I feel weird for not giving a crap about all these release day indie GWG games. I've skipped Chariot and Volgarr The Viking so far. I haven't played So Many Me yet but I'm leaning toward starting that one. So far the only one that has been absolutely stellar has been Guacamelee STCE.

The Deer God... I hope that one is interesting.

In terms of bigger releases, Tomb Raider DE is a fantastic addition.

Chris1

the way they said all future GWG would be backwards compatible made us think it was starting September but its after the full launch of BC

That doesn't mean that September or October GWG wont be BC though, it could just mean that it's not a requirement. I would pick them up just to be safe.

hom3land

Have they stated how the future backward compatible 360 gw will be handled? Will they get added to the BC once they go gold, or will we have to wait till November?

Footos22

I feel weird for not giving a crap about all these release day indie GWG games. I've skipped Chariot and Volgarr The Viking so far. I haven't played So Many Me yet but I'm leaning toward starting that one. So far the only one that has been absolutely stellar has been Guacamelee STCE.

The Deer God... I hope that one is interesting.

In terms of bigger releases, Tomb Raider DE is a fantastic addition.

Volgarr the viking is awesome. also a fairly easy 100% for a achievement whore like yourself.

FyreWulff

Rare Replay means we'll never see Rare's lot on GWG again are we? :(

I don't think any Rare titles went on GWG.

TBH people would have probably laughed Microsoft off the stage if they had PDZ as a GwG. I was hoping PD XBLA would eventually become GWG to give it a huge playerbase, but alas..

Montresor

Volgarr the viking is awesome. also a fairly easy 100% for a achievement whore like yourself.

Volgarr is a solid game for sure, but it's in a genre that doesn't appeal to me. I don't like side-scrolling beat-em-ups.

Side-scrolling puzzle games - those are my bread and butter. It's why I'm leaning towards playing So Many Me and (hopefully) The Deer God.

Chris1

Surprised by TR: DE, that's a big title. Good job on MS' part.
It's not official yet, it's just some random person on HKUD, the only reason I posted it here and didn't completely brush it off was that he listed The Deer God which I already thought would be GWG because of the release date and it doesn't seem like he's trying to make people believe it, usually the fake ones come in the form of tryhard images.

The X1 GWG has been quite good lately though. Rayman, AC:Black Flag, MGS:GZ and indies. and the 360 GWG has been good for some time now. GWG has really picked up a lot this year for both consoles, seems like MS is starting to actually give a shit about it now.

Xbox360

Xbox One

Not one time has a website been right about the GwG games before they were announced. Not worth even thinking about this.

speedomodel

I think the Deer God is a pretty safe bet.

I think we'll see Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5, but would prefer Sunset Overdrive.

For 360 it's shot in the dark but I say:
Borderlands 2
Red Dead Redemption (with announcement it will be BC)

Deer God looks great, Tomb Raider makes sense, rumour true or not. It should definitely be done before the release of Rise.

I do like the way they're using these though. Older games free before new releases or previous titles free with early purchases (Gears, Fallout, Just Cause etc)

Why wouldn't you think that? It's very predictable. Microsoft has already given out Black Flag twice for 360 and XB1, so why not TR? I expect Thief and Sleeping Dogs to also be given away for XB1 at some point.

As stated above its been on sale like a few weeks ago for like $9.

If they do Tomb Raider Definitive, I'll be annoyed. They already did Tomb Raider on 360, it's annoying how they use one game to cover two months like Black Flag. Frustrates the shit out of me...

Yeah its really annoying when they do shit like that. I wouldn't mind it if we got them the same month though.

speedomodel

If they do Tomb Raider Definitive, I'll be annoyed. They already did Tomb Raider on 360, it's annoying how they use one game to cover two months like Black Flag. Frustrates the shit out of me...

Chris1

As stated above its been on sale like a few weeks ago.
It was on sale July 14th-21st, so that would be almost 2 months before it goes free. I don't have the dates but D4 went on sale a month or 2 before going GWG.

Why wouldn't you think that? It's very predictable. Microsoft has already given out Black Flag twice for 360 and XB1, so why not TR? I expect Thief and Sleeping Dogs to also be given away for XB1 at some point.
My reasoning was that I thought there would be TR DE+RoTR bundle for the holidays and they wouldn't want to devalue that bundle by giving the game away for free not long before, especially now that 360 people can download X1 games straight from the dash. Black Flag was free after those bundles had been phased out and turned into MCC ones.

Not one time has a website been right about the GwG games before they were announced. Not worth even thinking about this.

Nah there have been a few times. Worthplaying.com got it right for a few month in a row then they stopped leaking it and there's been a few other times from different sites, but yea, most of the time it is wrong.

Has Microsoft said anything yet about plans to unify the two stores? It would be awesome once BC is added in to just browse and buy 360 games from my Xbox One.

Tomb Raider makes sense, try to build some hype for Rise in a couple of months.

Deer God looks pretty damn sweet though, so there's at least one good offering available.

It was on sale July 14th-21st, so that would be almost 2 months before it goes free. I don't have the dates but D4 went on sale a month or 2 before going GWG.

Ah, okay

My reasoning was that I thought there would be TR DE+RoTR bundle for the holidays and they wouldn't want to devalue that bundle by giving the game away for free not long before, especially now that 360 people can download X1 games straight from the dash. Black Flag was free after those bundles had been phased out and turned into MCC ones.

Yeah okay I can see this being the reason.

mike4001_

I think the Deer God is a pretty safe bet.

I think we'll see Dead Rising 3 or Forza 5, but would prefer Sunset Overdrive.

For 360 it's shot in the dark but I say:
Borderlands 2
Red Dead Redemption (with announcement it will be BC)

lol

Kind of shooting high with your assumptions.

But I'll take them.

speedomodel

I'd actually take Sleeping Dogs definitive...since I've been meaning to snag it.
Yeah its really annoying when they do shit like that. I wouldn't mind it if we got them the same month though.
Especially when I never got to the 360 version, it becomes "why bother when I have the One version"
lol

Kind of shooting high with your assumptions.

But I'll take them.
;) I think Forza 5 actually makes a lot of sense with Forza 6 around the corner.

Nairume

Banned

TBH people would have probably laughed Microsoft off the stage if they had PDZ as a GwG. I was hoping PD XBLA would eventually become GWG to give it a huge playerbase, but alas..
Trouble in Paradise did last year.

Akai__

Has Microsoft said anything yet about plans to unify the two stores? It would be awesome once BC is added in to just browse and buy 360 games from my Xbox One.

I believe there will be at least a BC tab on the Xbox One Store. I mean, they want people to buy those games, no?

ZeroXZee

At least in Brasil, PDZ, Kameo and Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise were GWG games at some point.

Kinda beaten.

Top Bottom