• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

Why is Burnout Paradise not showing up as free for me? It shows up as 14.99. I've tried PC and Xbox and it's the same thing. I've been able to download everything else.

When you try to buy it how much does it say? (Don't click purchase on the confirmation screen)

I think that link is kind of wrong and only saying that so you don't change region to a country to don't live in.

You're right, it's a badly written article.

There's 2 sections, one for Xbox One and one for 360. The "Important" text only applies to Xbox One. It's saying that switching Xbox One console regions won't fix region issues with the XB1's built-in 360 store, for that you need to account migrate (or use a VPN).

SaiyanRaoh

When you try to buy it how much does it say? (Don't click purchase on the confirmation screen)

After I click "Buy Game 14.99"
A window pops up that says "Confirm Purchase" Buy 14.99.
If I "Confirm", It will charge me.

Also, When doing this on the Xbox. If I go into "memberships", It will take me to Games with Gold where it lists Burnout next to Sleeping Dogs and Outlast. I should add, that I just got this system on Friday. It shouldn't matter that I'm on a 14 day Live Gold trial, should it?

im_dany

Also, When doing this on the Xbox. If I go into "memberships", It will take me to Games with Gold where it lists Burnout next to Sleeping Dogs and Outlast. I should add, that I just got this system on Friday. It shouldn't matter that I'm on a 14 day Live Gold trial, should it?

It does, you can't redeem X360 games with trials, you need atleast a valid one month membership for those. You could get X1 games a while ago with trials, but I heard you can't since they merged the X1 and W10 stores

Chris1

It does, you can't redeem X360 games with trials, you need atleast a valid one month membership for those. You could get X1 games a while ago with trials, but I heard you can't since they merged the X1 and W10 stores
Dany is correct

Although I didn't know they stopped trials getting XB1 games. That sucks.

Question, has anyone seen blue lines/boxes flash when viewing the Games With Gold section on 360? It was doing that consistently, but stopped just now.

Was wondering if that's just a connection glitch or worse, a hardware issue, but I only saw it there.

Only saw it today.

To clarify, it only happened on that screen, and only in the black areas too.

Edit: This screen:

4Qcy32P.jpg

The issue isn't shown, but that's where it was happening. Is it the cold doing that? My place is heated, it's just colder than usual.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
anyone remember a popular video, recently, about why burnout paradise is better than horizon? can't find it.

pacman85

https://majornelson.com/2016/12/20/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-january-2017/

XB1:

World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap (Jan 1st - Jan 31st)
Killer Instinct Season 2 Ultra Edition (Jan 16th - Feb 15th)

360:

The Cave (Jan 1st - Jan 15th)
Rayman Origins (Jan 16th - Jan 31st)
Nice, will pick up season 2 of KI and the Van Helsing game. Wasn't the XB1 version of Rayman Origins already on Games with Gold a while back? If so, that sucks they are basically repeating it with the 360 version for those of us with a XB1.

Chris1

Nice, will pick up season 2 of KI and the Van Helsing game. Wasn't the XB1 version of Rayman Origins already on Games with Gold a while back? If so, that sucks they are basically repeating it with the 360 version for those of us with a XB1.
That was rayman legends

SURGEdude

Sure looks like one. I'd never even heard of it before the GwG deal. Enjoyed the "real" Van Helsing games.

Me too. Well the first one at least. Made a thread about the seemingly sent to die sequel asking how it was and I'm not sure I got a single response. Nobody even knew it released from what I can tell.

Strange to see them come back with a genre that ran out of gas years ago with a brand that seems to have done the same. This might be the first month in a crazy long time where Sony's line up of giveaways is less shitty.

Ok fake edit I forgot about Rayman, that shit is gold.

illusionary

Is it a tower defense game? I can't tell from the description. I thought the world had moved on from those.

Yep, I'm afraid so: https://www.neocoregames.com/games/deathtrap/overview/

Deathtrap is a tower-defense game with strong action RPG elements and many exciting features you’ve been longing to see in this genre. Choose from three game modes (PvP, Single Player and Cooperative Campaign), create your own maps and monsters, share them with your friends and get ready for a game of vicious tricks, killing machines, rotating blades and splattering blood.

Oh geez, it's a tower defense game?? Uggggh. >_<

I thought it was just gonna be a similar sequel to that other Van Helsing game, now I have even less interest in it somehow than I had before (which wasn't much) lol.

crpav

Oh geez, it's a tower defense game?? Uggggh. >_<

I thought it was just gonna be a similar sequel to that other Van Helsing game, now I have even less interest in it somehow than I had before (which wasn't much) lol.

Let me tell you about Van Helsing. I was "sort of enjoying" the Diablo clone like Van Helsing game we got a while back. Problem was difficulty, super long load times after dying AND BUGS. Well tried to continue on where I left off from a point I left after it was released as a GWG only to find I ran into a game breaking bug. An item needed to complete a main story quest would not spawn/drop. Checked forums and finally found an answer from the devs. It's fixed in an update but you must start the game over to have it "fix it" or play with someone else online who has yet to complete the quest, who has the fix, and then get credit for it.

Seriously? The fix is to start over? Get out of here with that trash. SO that has soured my attitude towards any game with the name Van Helsing in it. Oh and I don't like tower defense games much. Especially overly complicated ones which this looks to be.

kaskade

Will ms give me a refund for burnout? I got sleeping dogs fine but it charged me for that. Otherwise I'm going to issue a chargeback.

im_dany

Did you have an actual XBL Gold membership? Because trials (up to 2 weeks ones) would've let you download Sleeping Dogs for free but not 360 GWG.

I couldn't redeem Burnout Paradise either, I kept getting server errors. I had to dig out my 360 and use that.

Has anyone seen the error "Sorry, Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again." ?

I got all the other GwG games without issue, only Burnout Paradise is doing this. Tried on Xbox One and on the Xbox website, same result.

It happened before, with Mafia 2 if I remember correctly. I thought they fixed this.

I can't find a solution on Google, any workaround?

Man I am having this issue exactly. Really wanted to grab Burnout Paradise.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
For those having problems with claiming Burnout, it's because your account region is different from your current physical location.

Use a VPN to mimic where the account is and you'll get it. It was the same deal with redeeming Gears 3 for example.

Chris1

Apparently Forza 6 is free in Turkey.

Anybody can confirm? I inserted my email and GT just in case.

https://mspoweruser.com/xbox-live-gamers-can-grab-forza-motorsport-6-free-dec-31/

The official Xbox turkey twitter tweeted it.. No idea if it's legit but I did it, too, lol.

For those having problems with claiming Burnout, it's because your account region is different from your current physical location.

Use a VPN to mimic where the account is and you'll get it. It was the same deal with redeeming Gears 3 for example.

Or change region back to where you actually live and it will work

SURGEdude

Let me tell you about Van Helsing. I was "sort of enjoying" the Diablo clone like Van Helsing game we got a while back. Problem was difficulty, super long load times after dying AND BUGS. Well tried to continue on where I left off from a point I left after it was released as a GWG only to find I ran into a game breaking bug. An item needed to complete a main story quest would not spawn/drop. Checked forums and finally found an answer from the devs. It's fixed in an update but you must start the game over to have it "fix it" or play with someone else online who has yet to complete the quest, who has the fix, and then get credit for it.

Seriously? The fix is to start over? Get out of here with that trash. SO that has soured my attitude towards any game with the name Van Helsing in it. Oh and I don't like tower defense games much. Especially overly complicated ones which this looks to be.

Yikes. I live in constant fear of shit like that.

Flux

Anyone have technical or gameplay impressions on Deathtrap? Looking to play that one soon since I am a big fan of Tower Defence. I finished Van Helsing 1 last year and could always use more Diablo-like games.

kaskade

Got the refund from the burnout issue. I guess that was because I was on a trial but I didn't realized that mattered until I read the posts above.

Chris1

Apparently they must have removed the tweet because it is no longer there: https://twitter.com/TurkiyeXBOX/

I don't know, I wouldn't trust giving personal information to a non-official source.

Edit: Nevermind, I see the tweet now. It dates back to November 29th: https://twitter.com/TurkiyeXBOX/status/803187352881352704

Yeah that's it. That's the only reason I did it, otherwise I thought it would've been a scam.

I still haven't gotten any code, but it said it could take up to a month.

Flux

I'll answer my own question from earlier having played Deathtrap. It's a really fun game in coop. I am playing through it with my brother. It's Diablo x Defense Grid with loot and upgradable skill trees for your character and the towers. If you liked Sanctum, Dungeon Defenders or Orcs Must Die, this is worth trying. I haven't noticed any major tech issues like their Van Helsing RPG games. The frame rate dropped when we got to like wave 20 in endless mode when there were so many enemies on the screen.

Campaign is really just a string of maps to play on. Once you finish it, there are variations on those maps which changes the layout and spawns for 13 maps x 4 tiers + random bonus levels. Still working through it, beat all but the last level on tier 2.

ironcreed

Banned
I'll answer my own question from earlier having played Deathtrap. It's a really fun game in coop. I am playing through it with my brother. It's Diablo x Defense Grid with loot and upgradable skill trees for your character and the towers. If you liked Sanctum, Dungeon Defenders or Orcs Must Die, this is worth trying. I haven't noticed any major tech issues like their Van Helsing RPG games. The frame rate dropped when we got to like wave 20 in endless mode when there were so many enemies on the screen.

Campaign is really just a string of maps to play on. Once you finish it, there are variations on those maps which changes the layout and spawns for 13 maps x 4 tiers + random bonus levels. Still working through it, beat all but the last level on tier 2.

Worth a try, I guess.

Top Bottom