• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Chris1

PS+ games get announced tomorrow right? If so I doubt GwG is announced tomorrow either to avoid the direct comparisons since PS+ has been pretty decent lately and GwG will be crap probably. Have they ever announced them on the same day before?

My guess is Thursday now

im_dany

PS+ games get announced tomorrow right? If so I doubt GwG is announced tomorrow either to avoid the direct comparisons since PS+ has been pretty decent lately and GwG will be crap probably. Have they ever announced them on the same day before?

My guess is Thursday now

Or the lineup is sooooo good they want to annihilate PS+ with direct comparisons

(not going to happen of course)

My guess is Thursday now
Yeah, PS+ announcement will be tomorrow. I could see them both happening tomorrow.

I would actually be super fine if they give a game like Remember Me. I played at the time, while I was working at a videogame store, and thought it was a little simple, but the story was interesting, Never got around finishing it.

But the killer month to me includes Spec Ops: The Line. Please, Microsoft. Please!

I would actually be super fine if they give a game like Remember Me. I played at the time, while I was working at a videogame store, and thought it was a little simple, but the story was interesting, Never got around finishing it.

But the killer month to me includes Spec Ops: The Line. Please, Microsoft. Please!
That game is such a diamond in the rough. The potential was there for something great but it was left underutilized.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

Already got both of those via Plus

So at this point it’s definitely going to be a meh month. Golden rule, announce late, shit month.

Haha I hear this. The golden rule.
Last month was great with Oxenfree. Didn't know it was that good really. Was a bit surprised. To be frank I prefer when GWG and Ps+ offers excellent high reviewed indie games compared to mediocre aaa games.

My two cents sometimes in oct-dec: AC Unity or Far Cry 4.

Is it wishfuk thinking on my behalf that the Xbox version of Night Trap is being held back for GWG. I could also see Evil Within being on of the titles this month.

pacman85

Maybe they ran into some kind of last minute issues so they are having to get those issues ironed out before they announce anything? I think they have NEVER announced the games this late before.

Maybe they ran into some kind of last minute issues so they are having to get those issues ironed out before they announce anything? I think they have NEVER announced the games this late before.
Probably.

Getting the games is probably more extensive than we think. They have to contact the right people, get the okay, an issue can pop up at the last minute and they have to find a replacement, etc...

Akai__

DKvTlYnX0AAPlbd.jpg:large

Turing Test is legitimately one of my favorite games of 2016. The story is is thought-provoking and well-told, the puzzles are challenging but not so much that you'll be tearing your hair out by the end, and there's one hell of a twist 2/3rds of the way through the game. Well, well, well worth checking out. Also, Gone Home is one of my favorite games of 2015. This is a great month.

muzzymate

Gone Home? Awesome! I've been wanting to play that one.
Turing Test? Yes!
Rayman 3 HD? Sweet. I've often wanted to get that one but never pulled the trigger. Also, my kids will be happy to have another game they can play.
MoH: Airborne? Ok. I'll download it but will probably never play it.

jesu

All ready own half of them but I'll give Gone Home a go.
I've just been finishing up The Turing Test recently, it's been great.

jond76

Banned
Turing Test is really good. Gone Home is a cool experience that defies expectations. Have them both.

I don't have either 360 game so that's cool!

Good month!

First time in a while I don't own most games. Was willing to pick up both X1 titles on sale so it's a good grab, although I will backlog them for now. I have Rayman 3 and war FPSes haven't aged too well, but I'll take MOH too. Kinda thought we'd get Shadow Of Mordor to raise interest in the next title, then again WB doesn't seem big on GwG so there's that. I'm satisfied overall.

jond76

Banned
First time in a while I don't own most games. Was willing to pick up both X1 titles on sale so it's a good grab, although I will backlog them for now. I have Rayman 3 and war FPSes haven't aged too well, but I'll take MOH too. Kinda thought we'd get Shadow Of Mordor to raise interest in the next title, then again WB doesn't seem big on GwG so there's that. I'm satisfied overall.

They practically gave Shadow of Mordor GOTY edition away last month for $5. Glad it wasn't a gold game this month.

At this rate, every must-have Ubisoft title from last gen will have been on GWG, lol. Not complaining, though. Good month all round.

Apart from fucking Splinter Cell: Blacklist!

Gone Home was just on PS Plus. Annoying when they give away the same games. Medal of Honour is already on EA Access.

Disappointing month for me on the face of things, but The Turing Test could be something I really like.

Meeh, not really any game on that list that interests me. :(

You had one job to do MS, make my birthday month a cool one! One job!

Oh well, at least I still get Mario at the end of the month. :D

Shadow of Mordor GOTY was up for $4 last month. For what you were getting in the package, it might as well have been free.

Top Bottom