• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

G0523

I almost bought The Turing Test when I confused it with The Stanley Parable. And then I found out that game was only on PC. So I guess I dodged a bullet there? Whatever. Now I can try The Turing Test.

Also, Rayman 3 HD...ehh? IIRC, it wasn't that great when I originally played it on the GameCube.

Chris1

That's actually a surprisingly decent month.

Heard Turing test was good and not sure about gone home isn't that a sequel of a ps exclusive? Don't really like the idea of playing the second game when I'll never play 1

Is Rayman hoodlum havoc?? I used to like that game on PS2

Backlogger

ScarceAncientBlackmamba-small.gif

That's actually a surprisingly decent month.

Heard Turing test was good and not sure about gone home isn't that a sequel of a ps exclusive? Don't really like the idea of playing the second game when I'll never play 1

Is Rayman hoodlum havoc?? I used to like that game on PS2

No, Gone Home isn't a sequel it's a standalone game.

dLMN8R

Pretty happy with the selection.

I own Gone Home on PC but this will be a good excuse to play it again on Xbox One. I just played Tacoma a few weeks ago and it'll be fun to go back to their first game.

Turing Test seems great. Sucks that I bought it while it was on sale a few months ago and haven't played it yet, oh well, serves me right!

Chris1

No, Gone Home isn't a sequel it's a standalone game.

Oh right I was thinking of Grow Home/Grow Up. Will try it out then.

Also looked up Rayman 3, it is indeed Hoodlum Havoc.. I remember liking that game on PS2 so will definitely play that again

Also just a heads up I won't be able to post the new games this Sunday when they switch over as I'm away on holiday but I'm sure someone else will instead

EmiPrime

Gone Home is great but it's very "one and done". I doubt I will play it again on Xbox but I am glad this exposes it to a new audience.

Turing Test is a game I had my eye on, very happy to get it.

C4Lukins

Well I own two of them already.

I was interested in the Turing Test, so that is a good one, and hated the demo for Rayman 3 back when it was a PS2 game probably, and that was after loving Rayman 2. Rayman 2 is my favorite post Mario 64 3D platformer, so I will give 3 another shot.

I am not sure if that is a controversial opinion, but yes I put Rayman 2 above Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, and all of the Rare N64 games. That was such a great game.

G0523

Well I own two of them already.

I was interested in the Turing Test, so that is a good one, and hated the demo for Rayman 3 back when it was a PS2 game probably, and that was after loving Rayman 2. Rayman 2 is my favorite post Mario 64 3D platformer, so I will give 3 another shot.

FWIW, the reason why Rayman 3 is not as well-received as Rayman 2 is because Michel Ancel did not work on it. Instead, he was too busy working on Beyond Good & Evil at the time.

C4Lukins

FWIW, the reason why Rayman 3 is not as well-received as Rayman 2 is because Michel Ancel did not work on it. Instead, he was too busy working on Beyond Good & Evil at the time.

Yeah I was aware of that. I just always wondered if I missed something with Rayman 3? Maybe it is a good game with a bad demo? Should I give it another shot?

For Gone Home which I enjoyed, I would recommend it to people who like the "walking simulator," genre. Having played Layers of Fear, Firewatch, and What Remains of Edith Fitch, it is probably my least favorite. But still really solid.

Never put much time into the 4th game, so no opinion. Airborne came out I believe during the height of the COD, craze, and I just never got into it.

watdaeff4

It's all just subjective. I think this month DOES suck pretty hard.

Especially in comparison to the phenomenal PS+ lineup announced on the same day.

I said before up above I think this is a bad month so don't take me the wrong way, but you are opening an unnecessary can of worms with the PS+ comment. Yes, this months PS+ is phenomenal but it's probably best that conversation is left for that thread and not derail this one.

Also it's unnecessary as there have been several months where most would consider the Gold games better than the PS+ ones. That will likely always wax and wane as to which one is "better" even if you took out the posters with obvious fanboy bias

Chris1

Turing Test isn’t available in Australia, what will they do? Substitute it?
Yeah they will be it will probably be a game that had already been GwG

But you can get the Turing test from other regions stores is you wanted the same way we get the Japanese games

Yeah they will be it will probably be a game that had already been GwG

But you can get the Turing test from other regions stores is you wanted the same way we get the Japanese games

Last time Australia didn't have a game (Volgarr the Viking) they gave us Power Star golf instead and Powerstar had never been given out before.

And a few months later when Volgarr came out they gave us it anyway, giving Australian's a bonus game.

WHM-6R

Neo Member
Meh, I own both the Xbone games. Turing Test is the better of the two. Never had much interest in the others but will Dl for "free" of course.

I also own both X1 games but I really enjoyed both. Gone Home was really wonderful to just take my time, explore, and soak in the story at all levels. Turing Test I think is just slightly overhyped, but still a great game. I tried so hard to finish it without looking up any answers, but I caved on just one puzzle where I was failing to see the obvious.

Top Bottom