• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

sakipon

Colonial Marines would actually be great. A new player population to grief (and I know all the worst tricks), and the LTTP: Colonial Marines is FUCKING GARBAGE threads would be amazing.

It would be a blessing of shit. I've got my fingers crossed for this one.

I have to admit I'd download it and play it. Bring it on, I'm ready for this.

Ahh, okay, I forgot how early they announced them before. Thanks...hoping it's some games I don't own, I've owned most of their offerings so far except for the arcade games.

Plus they might announce both games for the month at the same time, dunno how frequently they've done that but seems to be more likely.

I hope they give us details soon of the Xbox One GwG promotion but I doubt we'll hear about that until E3 :(

bidguy

Banned
Plus they might announce both games for the month at the same time, dunno how frequently they've done that but seems to be more likely.

I hope they give us details soon of the Xbox One GwG promotion but I doubt we'll hear about that until E3 :(

it will probably start with indie games just like with ps4

i have a feeling they already talked about it with indie devs

it will probably start with indie games just like with ps4

i have a feeling they already talked about it with indie devs

Interesting idea, wouldn't surprise me if they started with one of the downloadable launch titles from the store (Crimon Dragon, Lococycle or Powerstar) either way the wording when Major Nelson mentioned it "access to free games" or whatever the specifics were made me think it will be different to GwG on 360, heres to hoping.

Riky

$MSFT
Isnt Games with Gold supposed to end this month? I dont know, if they announced something regarding Xbox 360 Games with Gold, but I only heard that they will continue next year only with Xbox One Games with Gold.

Pretty sure they said it was going to carry on.

Forsythia

Sleeping Dogs? I'm actually surprised! Already own it (like 99% of the games so far), but hey, it's always nice to have a digital copy.

I tried to play Assassins Creed 2 yesterday with my save but it said it failed as it was missing required DLC.

I played the classics edition that had some of the DLC in it but this is just vanilla. Has anyone else had this problem? (Scouting through the thread now) Shitty of Ubi to not have it compatible

I tried to play Assassins Creed 2 yesterday with my save but it said it failed as it was missing required DLC.

I played the classics edition that had some of the DLC in it but this is just vanilla. Has anyone else had this problem? (Scouting through the thread now) Shitty of Ubi to not have it compatible

Can't you download the DLC from the marketplace? (is it premium DLC?)

Montresor

No just cause 2 in january

Its
sleeping dogs
and
lara croft and the guardian of light

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/games-january-games-with-gold

Jesus fuck, this is the first time I've been disappointed lol. I have both those games, and I've 100%'d the achievements in both of them. Iron Brigade month? No skin off my back - that game is actually cool. December? Sure I had Gears of War already, but it gave me a chance to try out a new game like Shoot Many Robots.

An-Det

No just cause 2 in january

Its
sleeping dogs
and
lara croft and the guardian of light

http://news.xbox.com/2013/12/games-january-games-with-gold

I'm pleasantly surprised, that's not an awful pair of games. Definitely an upgrade from last month's, and probably the best overall so far. Doesn't really do anything for me personally since I've already got both games (hell, this will be my third platform for the first game), but still not bad.

Montresor

I'm pleasantly surprised, that's not an awful pair of games. Definitely an upgrade from last month's, and probably the best overall so far.

Yeah, this is definitely the best pair of games so far. Sleeping Dogs is an excellent open-world game, and Lara Croft is a great puzzle game in co-op. Too bad for me that I already played these games.

Sleeping Dogs is easily one of my favorite games of last gen. MS finally offering something that's fairly recent and a truly great, underrated game! I already own the physical copy so I won't be picking it up, but this is good news for those who don't have it.

I was always tempted by Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but not enough to buy it, so this will be a nice addition to my 360 game collection. Going to have to upgrade my hard drive soon if things keep going at this rate.

oatmeal

Banned
Question...

I have gold now but it lapses in march and I have no plans to continue it.

If I redeem the free games can I download them later with a silver account? My 120gb drive can't hold them all.

Montresor

Question...

If I redeem the free games can I download them later with a silver account? My 120gb drive can't hold them all.

I'm not sure if redeeming them on Xbox.com works, but this definitely works:

Start the download on your 360 with your gold account
Wait for at least 1% of the download to complete
Cancel the download
Delete whatever was downloaded on your hard drive
Now you own the game forever. Download it later regardless of account status

Question...

Yes. Once you "purchase" them, you properly own them. It's one thing the service has over PS+!

Alx

Question...

Yes. I think you should even be able to "buy" them for free on the xbox.com website and never download them, and they're still yours.

RdN

Sleeping Dogs is an amazing game! I already played it when it came out LAST MARCH on PS+, but I'll gladly play it again.

Montresor

Own both of those on multiple platforms already :/

How about add some value MS with like GoW:Judgement or something.

Too much emphasis on monetary value instead of game quality. Gears of War Judgment is supposed to be utter trash. And they gave away the Gears with the best campaign for free last month.

Now I'm pretty disappointed in this month's games, but only because I've owned and completed them. But Sleeping Dogs + Lara Croft is a great set of games. If anyone hasn't played these games, they are in for an awesome treat.

Too much emphasis on monetary value instead of game quality. Gears of War Judgment is supposed to be utter trash. And they gave away the Gears with the best campaign for free last month.

Gears Judgment about as far away from trash as you can get.

Its Gears, the same Gears formula that was awesome for the previous 3 games, the single player is probably the best of the 4, the multiplayer is not as good, smaller in scope but Overrun is better than beast mode was.

Game was one of my favourites of the year even if Gears 3 is still better

Syriel

Sleeping Dogs is a nice choice (though I was hoping for Just Cause 2 to drop in the US - awesome game).

As for Guardian of Light...excellent game, but doesn't almost everyone have that after the screw-up this April when it was totally free to everyone with a silver account? ;)

kitzkozan

Sleeping Dogs is easily one of my favorite games of last gen. MS finally offering something that's fairly recent and a truly great, underrated game! I already own the physical copy so I won't be picking it up, but this is good news for those who don't have it.

I was always tempted by Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light but not enough to buy it, so this will be a nice addition to my 360 game collection. Going to have to upgrade my hard drive soon if things keep going at this rate.

I sold Sleeping dogs back in june for a $20 credit toward my PS4 and bought the DLC months later. Instead of renting the game to play the DLC, I'll be happy with a free digital copy. :]

I'm guessing that Deus Ex: human revolution will be offered sooner rather than later as well (Just Cause 2 is another candidate). SE seems to love to offer their western output left and right (Tomb Raider will be available for PS+ and xbl gold before the end of 2014 imo).

Top Bottom