• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

EBE

Can we just agree that every Rare game deserves a sequel? And if it has a sequel, yet another one? Because yeah, they have the best games.

Microsoft are sitting on untapped goldmine with Rare. it PAINS me.

look forward to your Viva Pinata OT if those rumors pan out. i totally didnt notice your Buzzlegum.haha

Arkage

Banned
I would like to see some xbox one options. How is Sony able to push out free stuff with the launch of PS4 but MS with their infinite money bags has to take a whole year to get free shit up and running on the Xbone? No excuse.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I would like to see some xbox one options. How is Sony able to push out free stuff with the launch of PS4 but MS with their infinite money bags has to take a whole year to get free shit up and running on the Xbone? No excuse.

The only thing they could have possibly given away is Max and The Curse of the Brotherhood or Peggle 2 correct? There are no other real small game releases on that system.

edit: Guess the could try and give away Loco Cycle...bleh

Chettlar

Banned
One of the most damning things for Microsoft game development is sitting on all of those IP's and doing nothing with them.

For all we know, that is. I can't wait for E3. I've got a feeling they're going to come out with some new IP that's super creative and new, as well as announce some sequel to an older title, like Phantom Dust. Gameplay of Sunset Overdrive and Halo One is a given I think.

I remain hopeful for another Viva Pinata. I just hope it isn't a free to play game.

Microsoft are sitting on untapped goldmine with Rare. it PAINS me.

look forward to your Viva Pinata OT if those rumors pan out. i totally didnt notice your Buzzlegum.haha

Does it betray my appearing obsessed for anybody reading to know that I've already started work on it? Because, nonashamedly, yes I have. Just preliminary stuff, since I have a few ideas about what I want to do with it.

I'm hyped for this game, and I don't know a thing about it. I'd love to sit down and talk with the people who worked on it.

Kinyou

The only thing they could have possibly given away is Max and The Curse of the Brotherhood or Peggle 2 correct? There are no other real small game releases on that system.
And those two didn't even make it to launch date. They really don't have much to give away. What's really inexcusable is that those arcade games don't have mandatory demos anymore

EBE

Kameo sequel, please. And not a ridiculous more mature reimagining, I want another game in the same style as the original.

please go back to this game and take a nice long look at Kameo's relatives, the ones you have to rescue. i dont think you know what you just asked for.

Caayn

edit: Guess the could try and give away Loco Cycle...bleh
Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, Halo: SA, perhaps a content pack for KI. Plenty of small games for MS to choose from. The first Xbox One GWG will most likely be one of the "arcade" titles.

Sad thing is I already own all those titles that interested me :(

MrDaravon

And those two didn't even make it to launch date. They really don't have much to give away. What's really inexcusable is that those arcade games don't have mandatory demos anymore

I agree, but "arcade" games don't exist anymore; they'd have to require a demo for EVERYTHING, which probably isn't practical for more niche retail/full games, etc. Completely agree with the sentiment though; game demos sold me on way more games last gen then it did turn me away.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Crimson Dragon, Powerstar Golf, Halo: SA, perhaps a content pack for KI. Plenty of small games for MS to choose from. The first Xbox One GWG will most likely be one of the "arcade" titles.

Sad thing is I already own all those titles that interested me :(

KI Season 1 free the month before Season 2 releases would be genius.

please go back to this game and take a nice long look at Kameo's relatives, the ones you have to rescue. i dont think you know what you just asked for.

I do, I first played it just a few moths ago. Not that some of its art couldn't be improved, all I'm asking for is another whimsical all-ages game, and not something resembling those leaked Kameo 2 renders.

EBE

I do, I first played it just a few moths ago. Not that some of its art couldn't be improved, all I'm asking for is another whimsical all-ages game, and not something resembling those leaked Kameo 2 renders.

alright. i just wanted to be sure you knew what was going on in that statement of yours. i dont wanna turn this into a Rare thread, but a Kameo 2 would be most welcome. i personally thought that was a beautiful game that still holds up visually in parts. not unlike PDZ. but hey...

Montresor

I hope I don't get tarred and feathered for this. But thanks to the recent mega leak, we can say that there's a high likelihood that Games for Gold will begin this April for XB1.

Any idea on what the free games might be?

I hope the first game isn't Max, only because I played it, but good gravy that would be an absolutely stellar first title for XB1 on that service. Max Curse Of Brotherhood was a fantastic puzzle game, with a great gimmick and beautiful visuals.

I hope I don't get tarred and feathered for this. But thanks to the recent mega leak, we can say that there's a high likelihood that Games for Gold will begin this April for XB1.

Any idea on what the free games might be?

I hope the first game isn't Max, only because I played it, but good gravy that would be an absolutely stellar first title for XB1 on that service. Max Curse Of Brotherhood was a fantastic puzzle game, with a great gimmick and beautiful visuals.

I'd expect the first game to be Forza tbh, given that it's been given away for free already, and it's full of ways for Microsoft to keep going at your wallet. And it looks good as a way to launch the service, on paper.

If not that, then it'll certainly be something with IAP or DLC.

Doffen

No new info on next month's games?

We should have asked ntkrnl. Damn it!

Ryse has been rumored. But I would also guess that Max or that Golf game might also step in.

I can't see Games with Gold launching on XB1 with a retail game. Has any 360 title less than six months old appeared on the service?

It'll be Max or LocoCycle or Peggle 2, especially if the latter has its IAP implemented by then.

MS is in a hard place they offer games to keep but they're mostly old ass games.

PS+ is a better offer is you want to play more newer titles, the fact you don't keep the games doesn't matter if you're already paying for + it's just added value. Makes me wonder why MS doesn't just do both?

Unless their is some contractual reason MS can't do the same thing? They're obviously planning something so it will be interesting to see what.

Old games I don't mind, but why not some under appreciated classics to flesh out the library diversity? Where is Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, PGR 3/4, DOA4, Geometry Wars, Condemned, Chromehounds, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Viva Pinata, etc?

As great as they are, who hasn't played Halo 3 and Gears of War?

MCD

Old games I don't mind, but why not some under appreciated classics to flesh out the library diversity? Where is Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, PGR 3/4, DOA4, Geometry Wars, Condemned, Chromehounds, Banjo Nuts and Bolts, Viva Pinata, etc?

Some of these games like LO and BD ain't available digitally, sadly. :(

BlindRage

You would think they would tell us what will be free in feb. And will they make it change on the 14th since there are less days in the month?

Chromehounds ;_;
That's definitely not coming - the servers were shuttered years ago.. ;_;

genbatzu

next months free games are Hexic HD (1st) and Joust (16th)

hexic-hd-xbox-360-live-arcade-20051122000753145-1322895.jpg

these 2? impressive!

bidguy

Banned
gears of war judgement would make the most sense seriously.
they just bought the ip and dont have to pay anything to epic for making it free

they would lose sales but its not like that game is selling a lot of copies

Top Bottom