• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take Dead Island. Never bought since it didn't really tickle my fancy, but it's definitely a game I could see myself tossing 5-10 hours into if it's free.

I'm really hoping for Saints Row 3 though. I've been meaning to get that game for a while now and never got around to buying it.

EBE

So Dead Island and Toy Soldiers? Not bad. Never tried either. The guys behind Toy Soldiers, Signal, are they owned by Microsoft? I know they recently released Ascend New Gods. Id be interested to see what offerings they have for xbox one.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Dead Island...MS has been stepping their game up with the offerings. I'll take it.

Wish I could somehow go back and get Dead Rising 2.

I'm actually happy with Dead Island.

That was a game I had meant to pick up and just never got around too over the years, no matter how many times it went on sale.

larvi

I really enjoyed Dead Island, even though I already have a disc copy I'm looking forward to this as my kids can get a copy too and maybe I can talk them into playing some co-op with me.

if you download one of these free games then delete it can you redownload after the promo has ended?

Yes, when you download it once, it's yours forever (or at least until they remove it from servers eventually, but I don't think that's happened with a single Xbox 360 game yet).

SegaShack

Let's just say that Xbox Live doesn't magically update itself. There are people who have to program the schedule, create the artwork and test it all before everything goes live.

I wouldn't post information that I didn't deem reliable.

I just wanted to formally apologize for doubting you, you were of course 100% right.

I'll download Dead Island but not expecting much. I rented Riptide and only played it for a couple of hours, really disappointed with the controls and inventory system.`

thenexus6

Thumbs up, getting better. Dead Island is one of the best good bad games of recent memory. Thoroughly enjoyed playing it, going through Riptide right now.

Jakabok

Do you think when this launches on Xbox One you'll be able to nab the free games via xbox.com even if you don't have a One yet (with a gold sub obvs). Not planning to pick up a new console for a while yet y'see.

Do you think when this launches on Xbox One you'll be able to nab the free games via xbox.com even if you don't have a One yet (with a gold sub obvs). Not planning to pick up a new console for a while yet y'see.

I don't see why not, you can schedule downloads from Xbox.com, at least in Xbox 360's case.

Ricker

I'll download Dead Island but not expecting much. I rented Riptide and only played it for a couple of hours, really disappointed with the controls and inventory system.`

Like RE6,Borderlands and the like,if you can play this game in co-op,preferably with 4 people,even better if they are the same group,it's an awesome game.

AlexBasch

Downloading Dead Island now.

Gonna double team it with the PS3 version. I don't have a mic but if there's some GAF gatherings in there I'd like to join in.

Top Bottom