• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

KnuckaWut

Dead Island is such a mediocre game. For free, it's okay but I would never buy this. I'm in the hotel section looking for a parking lot or something. The melee combat with the first person perspective just doesn't work when that's the focus. I'm always either too early or too late in landing blows. This should have been a third person game instead.

so it's a mediocre game because you suck at it ?
facepalm.gif

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
so it's a mediocre game because you suck at it ?
facepalm.gif
No, it's a mediocre game because it's mediocre for a number of reasons. I made a LTTP thread and a lot of people seem to say it goes downhill after the beach section. I tend to agree since now that I'm in the hotel area, I don't feel it holds up much at this point.

BTW, you'll see from that thread that at first, I was having fun with the game but that's changed.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Well, it's noon on the 16th.... Where's the new free game?

Edit: NVM, it shows it on the Xbox.com website and it's Toy Soldiers. No thanks.

bidguy

Banned
already played toy soldiers
fun game. lasts about an hour until it gets boring.

dont care much about 360 at this point announce this program on xbox one already ms ...

Toy Soldiers was a really fun free game. I really enjoyed it.

When do they normally announce the games that are coming out? I most likely wont get them as I am now on Silver but I would love to know what I am missing out on.

Im half tempted to renew gold just to get the free games but I don't think they will be worth the cost of Gold lol. (I wont be able to play at all outside of like one weekend next month)

Bsigg12

When do they normally announce the games that are coming out? I most likely wont get them as I am now on Silver but I would love to know what I am missing out on.

Im half tempted to renew gold just to get the free games but I don't think they will be worth the cost of Gold lol. (I wont be able to play at all outside of like one weekend next month)

We'll know officially on Thursday or Friday but it might leak since that seems to happen with this program.

munroe

I've downloaded quite a few games since the program started, granted at the start, the games were quite old, regardless, I've still enjoyed playing them and has probably warranted the gold subscription.

So far I've downloaded: Sleeping Dogs, Dead Island, Iron Brigade, Shoot Many Robots, Dead Rising 2, A World of Keflings, Magic 2013, Assassin's Creed 2 and Fable 3

I've enjoyed them all, except Fable3, having a hard time getting into that game...

Monocle

Holy shit, I can't believe I missed Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island. Those were the only two Games for Gold titles I wanted that I hadn't previously played. Aaaaaaaargh. I can't think of a good reason why players shouldn't be given access to the games that were free while their Gold subscription was active.

Goddamn.

Ape

Banned
Holy shit, I can't believe I missed Sleeping Dogs and Dead Island. Those were the only two Games for Gold titles I wanted that I hadn't previously played. Aaaaaaaargh. I can't think of a good reason why players shouldn't be given access to the games that were free while their Gold subscription was active.

Goddamn.

I think that it gives users incentive to be active on the 360 every month at least twice a month. Instead of logging on once every six months or whatever. Got to get those ad impressions!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

It's a technical limitation, just as the "permanent ownership" is a technical limitation. Xbox 360's marketplace supports: Price for all members, price for gold members. Xbox 360's licensing supports: Owned, not owned. As a result the only way to give a free game away is to temporarily adjust one or both of the prices to free and anyone who adds it to their queue at that point owns it forever.

PS3 wouldn't support your use-case either, although it's a little more flexible. They have: Price for all members, price for PS+ members and Owned, Owned if PS Plus, possibly Owned until expiry date, and not owned. They still don't retroactively allow you to get free content you've missed during your licensing periods. But the PS+ window is wider too because stuff doesn't cycle in and out in two weeks.

munroe

I can't think of a good reason why players shouldn't be given access to the games that were free while their Gold subscription was active.

Goddamn.

With that logic, I should be able to still purchase all of the Steam games and their respective sale prices that I missed at the various Spring/Autumn/Christmas holiday sales purely because I had an active steam account at the time they were on.

It's unfortunate that you missed them however, you had half a month to get the items, if you're running low on space, just 'purchase' them and then download them at a later date.

Alx

Lococycle isn't that bad, I had a lot of fun with it. It wouldn't be a bad fit for games for gold, people coule enjoy the humor and imaginative ennemies without regretting having paid too much for it.

Ruze789

Damn it, I thought my XBL sub expired in November, and I haven't hooked it up since then. I just got an email that told me it expires next month. Sad I missed Sleeping Dogs.

I would like to grab Toy Soldiers Cold War though, I enjoyed the first one.

LNBL

I'm putting my money on Max as first GWG for the xbox one. Then again I have yet to get DR3 or any of the Arcade games, I think ill wait it out.

Castef

Banned
I'm putting my money on Max as first GWG for the xbox one. Then again I have yet to get DR3 or any of the Arcade games, I think ill wait it out.

Uhm... i think Microsoft will try to use its own first party games before paying for third party games on GWG for XB1.

So, I think it is more probable to have Powerstars Golf, Lococycle or Crimson Dragon for free.

Marcel

NG II is unfinished, but has great combat nonetheless.
AA is awesome.

Will buy a month of Gold if true.

You know you can probably find both those games for a price that's less than a month of Gold, right? Ebay or your local discount bin are wonderful things.

Top Bottom