• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Montresor

I hope Lococycle isn't the first free XB1 game, but only because I already have it. I enjoyed that one. Mediocre game play, mediocre graphics, but ridiculously funny. <3 Twisted Pixel.

Ditto for Max since I already have it -but Max would be an incredible first choice - it is an absolutely stellar puzzle game.

Blegh at Arkham Asylum being one of March's 360 games. You know what, two months ago I would have said "so what, AA is great." But MS has to do something to match PS+'s value, ffs. Why not Arkham Origins? Funnily enough, AA is one of the best games from last Gen and is likely a lot better than Origins... Would still be nice if "newer" games were added to the service.

rvy

Banned
You know you can probably find both those games for a price that's less than a month of Gold, right? Ebay or your local discount bin are wonderful things.

I already have NG II and don't feel like buying AA. There's no discount bin for games where I live. Retailers sell used games for 70&#8364;.

Montresor

I have great memories of AA when it first came out. I bought it August of 2009, shortly before a semester at university. I was able to plow through it and 1000/1000 it before school started. I played 12 hours straight one day and red-ringed my black Elite 360.

I was a huge huge Nintendo fan from 64-Gen up to the first few years of the Wii. The Metroid Prime trilogy had some of my favorite games. I converted to a full on 360 guy only because of Rock Band, and a few years later I play AA, which is as close to a Metroid Prime substitute as you can get.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I hope Lococycle isn't the first free XB1 game, but only because I already have it. I enjoyed that one. Mediocre game play, mediocre graphics, but ridiculously funny. <3 Twisted Pixel.

Ditto for Max since I already have it -but Max would be an incredible first choice - it is an absolutely stellar puzzle game.

Blegh at Arkham Asylum being one of March's 360 games. You know what, two months ago I would have said "so what, AA is great." But MS has to do something to match PS+'s value, ffs. Why not Arkham Origins? Funnily enough, AA is one of the best games from last Gen and is likely a lot better than Origins... Would still be nice if "newer" games were added to the service.

Most people don't have any game in particular, better to have a good game than a new game.

Banned
Aren't Super Time Force & D4 Episode 1 due in March? Would be a nice start to have one of those kick off the new XO GoG service.

abracadaver

Batman would be nice. Never played it and bought arkham city in the sale last week.

I hope gwg starts on xbox one soon. The first game will probably be war face or whatever its called. That free to play shooter thats already on ps4.

Also I wonder how many games we get once it starts on xbox one.
2 360 games and 2 one games every month ? Probably not. My guess is 2 360 games and 1 one game. Maybe only 1 360 and 1 one game ?

Also I wonder how many games we get once it starts on xbox one.
2 360 games and 2 one games every month ? Probably not. My guess is 2 360 games and 1 one game. Maybe only 1 360 and 1 one game ?

I think 360 users who haven't picked up an X1 yet would be pretty pissed if they reduced it to 1 360 game/month. My guess is 1 X1 game/2 360 games per month once GWG launches on X1.

This early in the console's cycle? Almost certainly 1.

I think you are probably right and I agree with some of the earlier comments about it most likely being an indie game of some sort. I just wish Microsoft would show some major value in the program to try and get more people accepting of Gold.

sakipon

Civilization Revolution is one of the two titles for next month.

Hmm, the first GWG game I already own (though for PS3). Oh well, I absolutely adore that game so have fun everyone. I always play it through in one sitting, and I love that you can actually do that.

ProphessorX

Neo Member
Civ Rev? That's pretty nice actually. And you can play in a more manageable sitting unless you love the marathon sessions on the PC version.

cuilan

Civilization Revolution is one of the two titles for next month.

Hmm...I'm kind of hoping this isn't true. This would be the second GWG GoD title that I won't be able to play due to region restrictions, with the first being Sleeping Dogs, Not a trend I'm looking forward to. It's really unfortunate in this case, since it's a game I'm both interested in and don't own on another system. Maybe I'll just switch my account's region.

Civ Rev? any source? Does it has regional block?
Hope it doesn't I love Civ

I dunno about an IP lock, but as long as your 360 is US/PAL and not JP/Asian (like mine =( ), you should be ok.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm...I'm kind of hoping this isn't true. This would be the second GWG GoD title that I won't be able to play due to region restrictions, with the first being Sleeping Dogs, Not a trend I'm looking forward to. It's really unfortunate in this case, since it's a game I'm both interested in and don't own on another system. Maybe I'll just switch my account's region.

I have no idea how you can't believe a post with no sources, really silly IMO

cuilan

I have no idea how you can't believe a post with no sources, really silly IMO

I definitely don't believe it 100% at this moment. Certainly not enough to go and change my account region without real confirmation. A few months ago, I probably wouldn't have believed a game like that one would be offered at all. But after Sleeping Dogs, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this ended up being true. I'm just bracing myself for possible disappointment.

Silky

Banned
Civ: Revolution?? niiiiice. it's actually a bit of a hurdle finding a copy of that game. would play.

Syriel did this last month and got the prediction right, yeah????? who is this guy??

Silky

Banned
woah

18N04Oi.png

forreal

Southside Jim

Neo Member
Cool. I know some people are down on the offerings of GWG, but I'd never give a game like Civ a whirl (unfamiliarity with the genre; price point, etc.) were it not for this. Looking forward to trying something new!

And I know Gold is a whipping boy, but between these games and some great sales, my 360 has become a bad-ass digital games box, making the service worth it in a big way. Looking forward to X1 GWG.

Cool. I know some people are down on the offerings of GWG, but I'd never give a game like Civ a whirl (unfamiliarity with the genre; price point, etc.) were it not for this. Looking forward to trying something new!

And I know Gold is a whipping boy, but between these games and some great sales, my 360 has become a bad-ass digital games box, making the service worth it in a big way. Looking forward to X1 GWG.

Agree I can't even keep up with all the games. I have never paid much for xbox live gold as I bought a bunch 12 month cards when they were cheap a few years ago. Only thing that sucks for me is that I bought so many games on X1 that when have GWG for it I will most likely have the game already.

Top Bottom