• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Nice surprise, my gold runs out in April and I have no intention to renew it. At least it's signing off on a high (by GWG standards) note.

I am liking Game with Gold. I can't remember that last PS+ game I actually wanted to play and if I drop PS+, I have nothing to show for my two years of subscribing.

on the other side of the coin I could also say the same thing for the 6 years I subscribed to XBL. prior to the GwG program of course.

stn

Already own Absolution, would definitely buy the HD collection if its on sale as a digital download.

The fuck? What was the deal with Worth playing being all dickish, finding the Hitman Absolution rumours 'amusing' only to then come out a couple of hours later to say 'So.. Erm, yeah it's Hitman Absolution!'

Ghazi

That's great, never played Hitman before, but it's something I've wanted to try. Will definitely give it a go. I haven't actually played any of the GwG (that I can remember off the top of my head) games yet.

Hitman: Absolution?

Weak game. Should have been Blood Money.
Yep, should've been 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand

Tyrax

Hitman Absolution. Never got around to playing it. Nice that they are giving away a new game. I kinda prefer when they give away a game with multiplayer since it re-invigerates the player base for that game

Ghazi

Those people are clueless. I'd rather take an 8 year old great game over one that's relatively new and hot garbage.
Is Absolution really that bad? The impressions I've heard of it have been neutral, liking it but criticizing the broken disguise system.

Is it really "hot garbage"?

eshwaaz

Is Absolution really that bad? The impressions I've heard of it have been neutral, liking it but criticizing the broken disguise system.
I also found the save system to be among the worst I've ever seen. Completely counter to the kind of methodical play Hitman games encourage.

It really is. The broken disguise mechanic is the least of the problems this game has. The AI is garbage, the missions are all garbage, Instinct is broken and garbage. It's just a terrible Hitman game and wouldn't pass for a very good game even if it was a new IP.

I also found the save system to be among the worst I've ever seen. Completely counter to the kind of methodical play Hitman games encourage.

Yup.

stn

Absolution is...decent. I'd score it a 7. Why?

Pros:
-Good cover system, feels more natural than using a camera to peek around walls
-Graphics

Cons:
-Hitman doesn't need an elaborate story
-AWFUL disguise system
-Many missions have no target
-Checkpoints
-No custom load-out
-Boring setting
-Laughable antagonist

Basically, Absolution was the first Hitman game where I didn't care to use stealth at all. I didn't find any fun since most of the levels didn't even involve targets. Or they just involved situations where you almost had to use weapons. Also, the main antagonist almost made the game feel like a parody or comedy of some sort.

The Hitman I like is the one where 47 infiltrates a party and takes out a target. Or where he snipes a triad leader during a meeting. Not the one where he walks through a door, ends the checkpoint, and then receives a number score. Ugh.

jem0208

It really is. The broken disguise mechanic is the least of the problems this game has. The AI is garbage, the missions are all garbage, Instinct is broken and garbage. It's just a terrible Hitman game and wouldn't pass for a very good game even if it was a new IP.

I've never played a Hitman game before and found Absolution to be a lot of fun. I never got around to completing it so I'm quite glad its going on GWG.

royox

I've never played a Hitman game before and found Absolution to be a lot of fun. I never got around to completing it so I'm quite glad its going on GWG.

Any "lore" or story following problem for playing this game as the 1st of the series?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
the best moment in Absolution involves you being disguised as a
scarecrow
. the rest of the game is pretty bad.

Blood Money would've been a better choice.

jem0208

Any "lore" or story following problem for playing this game as the 1st of the series?

I wasn't really following the story very closely tbh. I had a basic grasp of what was going on though, I don't think the previous games would really be necessary.

Antkeeper

Neo Member
I am guessing we will get another XBLA title from Square-Enix like Quantum Conundrum for the 2nd game in April. Much like Sleeping Dogs/Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light in January.

Absolution is an amazing game, as rewarding as Dark Souls. The game has a dinamic difficulty, it allows you to set your own challenges. Hope you to enjoy it.

abracadaver

the second april GWG 360 game will be announced today and hopefully an xbox one game as well.

Phil spencer tweeted on february 3rd that we can expect news on X1 GWG "fairly soon" and the rumor said it would start in april.

I really hope thats true.

My live runs out in like two days and I aint even worried about renewing it. I dont even play multiplayer games much any more so it aint even like im missing anything since all they are giving away for free are old, mediocre games.

Little of topic, I bought Blood Money during the last big MS sale but I've never been able to get it to run because I'm connected via HDM is it still the same?

Top Bottom