• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

B4D1E

If it's true, I already have those 2 games.

I was thinking, previous month, we already knew 1 or 2 days prior to the month which games were chosen. What if the april late announcement was due to the fact that they are still working on which games they will be giving on GwG on Xbox One?

Syriel

How is it confirmed? They are the "leading independent (no corporate overlords here!) video game news and reviews site" - how about something official?

Why does "news" have to come from a company press release in order to be reliable? Or do you think WP's just had an incredibly lucky string of guesses these past few months? ;)

The real question should be why does no one else do the legwork to confirm something so basic (and seemingly so popular given the number of forum threads that pop up across the net each month) in order to get the news out early?

Waiting for the press release is the easy part. But if people are going to wait for the press release, they're just going to get it from the source.

That said, for those who prefer press releases, here's Microsoft Germany:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsof...smal-mit-hitman-absolution-und-deadlight.aspx

Microsoft US should be posting in the next half hour or so. Both confirm what was in the WP tweet.

I almost bought Deadlight when it came out and have been wanting to try it since. Pretty good month if it is HM:A and DL. Not fantastic but it's getting better.

Yup. I never got around the playing it, but I hear the beginning is awesome and the rest of the game is terrible. I can't complain about free, though, as I've been wanting to try it.

It's not that bad. It just isn't great. The controls suck at times and cause you to die so that's kind of annoying but it isn't terrible.

jond76

Banned
Already have Deadlight but I really liked it. There's a slump in the middle with the rat man but I encourage everyone to check check it out.

malfcn

Why does "news" have to come from a company press release in order to be reliable? Or do you think WP's just had an incredibly lucky string of guesses these past few months? ;)

The real question should be why does no one else do the legwork to confirm something so basic (and seemingly so popular given the number of forum threads that pop up across the net each month) in order to get the news out early?

Waiting for the press release is the easy part. But if people are going to wait for the press release, they're just going to get it from the source.

That said, for those who prefer press releases, here's Microsoft Germany:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/microsof...smal-mit-hitman-absolution-und-deadlight.aspx

Microsoft US should be posting in the next half hour or so. Both confirm what was in the WP tweet.

My bad, I didn't know they had a reliable record. It's just silly that every month people have to do leg to find stuff out. I under stand sales don't want to be lost, but the titles aren't exactly big movers.

Certinty

Wow the games they give are really awful. Even most of the half decent ones have already been on PS+. I've been a Gold member for years now and haven't even bothered downloading any of these games since they started.

JayEH

Decent games this month. I was enjoying my time with Hitman when it was released but my save got corrupted when I was almost done so I traded it in.

So not to be a naysayer but what is the next opportunity to check ntkrnl leaks?

So far it seems

• Titanfall LE XB1 Bundle -> Right, was in the works to be a retail product
  • XB1 Tier 2 Release Dates -> Wrong in both grouping and in dates
  • GWG starting on XB1 in April -> Wrong
I really want to know if what he said about Crackdown 3 is right :(

VaizardNL

Banned
These games actually look pretty great to me. Never played both of them and always loved Hitman.., just never got around to the last one. I'm happy with GwG even if we sometimes get some 'crappy/not interesting to me and you' kind of games.

my bet is at E3 2014

Wouldn't surprise me if it starts in September when more countries get the Xbox One.

Question: Let's say GwG starts before September on Xbox One and I don't have my Xbox One then, since I have it preordered since the beginning of time and it just hasn't been released yet. Will I be able to get the games that come with GwG if a friend logs in on my account on his Xbox One? Or can I just 'purchase' the games through xbox.com/nl? Or will neither of those work?

Krilekk

Banned
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T MAKE ABSOLUTION YOUR FIRST

Why not? Absolution is worse than Blood Money but still way ahead of every other game in the series. Playing Absolution and then Blood Money should be great. Actually SA'ing every level in Absolution was much much harder than doing the same in BM.

p3tran

Banned

So far it seems

I cant say for ntkrnl, but with phil spencer at the xbone wheel, you can bet your ass crackdown 3 will come sooner...

his crackdown t-shirt is held accountable for much of the positive vibe he emitted. plus his comments that it is one of his favorite games ;)

phil-spencer-jimmy-fallon-crackdown-shirt-xbox-one-300x180.jpg

I cant say for ntkrnl, but with phil spencer at the xbone wheel, you can bet your ass crackdown 3 will come sooner...

his crackdown t-shirt is held accountable for much of the positive vibe he emitted. plus his comments that it is one of his favorite games ;)

I really do think a new crackdown is coming. So while it's nice to have confirmation of sort its the other things he said I want more substantiation of.

I want Crackdown to go back to its roots. Go back to what made Crackdown 1 so good

Also Phil is great but also the biggest tease ever :p

Chettlar

Banned

So far it seems

PAX east is in a few days right?

Albo

Deadlight is bad? I was tempted to buy it a lot of times...

I was looking forward to using up my 1m gold for these games but after reading some comments and skimming past reviews, their flaws are putting me off...Phil spencer did say GWG would only get better in the future so I can wait I guess.

Double

I think it's funny how "games with gold" is the biggest ad on the screen when you're not logged into a gold account but when you are, it's barely findable at all.
And by funny I mean damn shitty.

nel e nel

Deadlight is bad? I was tempted to buy it a lot of times...

Generally it's actually a pretty good game. The problem is that the platforming controls are a bit clunky (which is fine in the slower more exploratory parts of the game) and there are a handful of timed sections that require very precise platforming. Outside of those precision sections, I had a really good time with it.

IHaveIce

Banned

So far it seems

Thing is with ntkrnl is that he probably is right with almost all stuff that is coming but the stuff like dates and announcements are all to be taken with a grain of salt, since those can be delayed and changed pretty easily.

ßthePenguin;106532924 said:
I think it's funny how "games with gold" is the biggest ad on the screen when you're not logged into a gold account but when you are, it's barely findable at all.
And by funny I mean damn shitty.

I have the same problem. I end up seeing what the free game is online and then bing searching it on Xbox 360 when I get on to download it.

Top Bottom