• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Make sure you're using your steel sword for humans and your silver sword for monsters. Use blade oils and potions to buff your damage and abilities. Keep your shield up (quen) and roll constantly. Roll behind enemies and backstab them.

I tried to give the game another try and my God. Why ruin a game with this bullshit! At the very least let me drink a potion midbattle or have a healing Sign. Can't even roll properly when I'm getting gangbanged by 9 imps. I don't think I'll be back again for this game. But I want to see how the squid monster look, why the why is killing kings, if Trish magic friend will show her boobs. But running away from pussy ass enemies really disrupts my power fantasy.

Of course i can do it on the console. But i don't want to hook up my 360 again. I want to use the webstore for the 360 games :(

Why even download a 360 game if you won't have the console connected?

koolin101

Neo Member
#IDARB looks fun but the online multiplayer limitations are disappointing. They really do need to add another game free each month for Xbone.

Noobcraft

What are the online limitations?
Was it friends only online?I can't remember.
Only 2 consoles can be connected in online. Meaning you can't do 4v4 unless both people have 4 controllers on their console.

Ideally it would be able to connect multiple consoles together to have absolutely insane matches.

Only 2 consoles can be connected in online. Meaning you can't do 4v4 unless both people have 4 controllers on their console.

Ideally it would be able to connect multiple consoles together to have absolutely insane matches.

Oh, that sucks. Wonder why they instituted those limitations...

Natiko

Banned

Wow really? Game is DOA then.

F8AL

February Games with Gold:

Xbox One:
#IDARB ($14.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 1 – 28 on Xbox One

Xbox 360:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons ($14.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 1 – 15 on Xbox 360

Sniper Elite V2 ($29.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 16 – 28 on Xbox 360

http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/games-bundle-up-with-some-hot-deals-with-february-games-with-gold?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brothers is great, though I doubt many haven't played it by this point. Interested in Sniper Elite V2.

Bessy67

February Games with Gold:

Xbox One:
#IDARB ($14.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 1 – 28 on Xbox One

Xbox 360:
Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons ($14.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 1 – 15 on Xbox 360

Sniper Elite V2 ($29.99 ERP): Available from Feb. 16 – 28 on Xbox 360

http://news.xbox.com/2015/01/games-bundle-up-with-some-hot-deals-with-february-games-with-gold?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Nice, 2 360 games that I haven't played yet. Unfortunately IDARB looks to have minimal value for me since I don't really do couch multiplayer.

MYeager

Aw damnit I just bought Sniper Elite V2. Fun game though, glad others get to play it. Brothers is something everyone should play so I'm glad to see that get more exposure as well.

jesu

I'll stick Sniper Elite on my backlog then.

#IDARB might have been good with proper 4 v 4 online multiplayer, but now meh.

cackhyena

IDARB...

giphy.gif

Bessy67

Hmm. Well I have Brothers on PC already. No interest in Sniper Thought idarb was supposed to be good?
It looks like a lot of fun if you can play 4v4 matches, but in order to do that you need to have at least 4 people playing on the same console. It's only 1v1 otherwise.

Dabanton

I would have been interested in Sniper for X1 but I have enough games to be playing.

But XBL GwG is seriously treading water.

EDIT:Edit:Oh it's that sniper game? That's not too bad I had the demo it was a lot of fun. But I never got round to picking up the full version.

Wigdogger

The problem with #IDARB is just simple logistics. The online, which would be a major way to play for many, is a non-starter with its two console limitation, and the offline requires up to 8 controllers. Who has that many? I get that they're trying to drive people to bring over controllers and play in a party setting, but that seems like fairly limited appeal for most situations.

I'm glad it's getting some exposure through GWG, but who is actually going to be able to play it in a reasonable way with any sort of regularity?

The game is great in a setup that a majority of people will not be able to consistently have. Therefore, for a majority of people it will go unplayed.

But you can play the game online vs another player though.. so it's still all good. I understand and agree that I wish I could get 3 of my other clan mates and take on 4 other people.... soon it'll happen. I talk to the dev on twitter a lot and he says they're working on that part.

But you can still play one on one online.. and even 2 on 2 if there's a couple people looking for that game.

Game is great fun though.. MLG is in talks with them too.. so I'm guessing patches will come to work on that online mode.

muzzymate

IDARB looks great and Brothers was fun. No idea about Sniper Elite but I already have it from a Humble Bundle (I think) and never played it.

Not enough of a pool of titles on the xbox one to give away much, I expect riptide GP 2 to be a game next month or maybe the one after.

XB1 had plenty of releases over the holidays (and even a bit before that) to give away and there is a lot coming that could also qualify under GwG, theres not likely to be a shortage of games.

I doubt they will put a $5 game on there too, although they could still surprise me with that.

Top Bottom