• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBL: Games with Gold

Danny 117

Halo Wars please. Needs a revival and it's a first party title so will cost them next to nothing.

I already have the game btw.

My guesses:
MS Published
Halo 3 (obviously)
Banjo N&B
Viva Pinata: TiP
Mass Effect
Gears 2

Third Party
Left 4 Dead
Mirrors Edge
Dead Space
Bioshock 1 or 2

KDC720

Would love to Shadow Complex go free, its still like 15 bucks on the marketplace.

Halo 3 and Forza 3 are probably up next though.

goldenpp72

People are making a lot of odd choices, haven't all the announced games also been titles with likely sequels? This seems like a mostly promotion style of give away rather than a quality game for the sake of it.

Dramos

There must be one of Rare's early gen games : Nuts&Bolts, Viva Pinata, Kameo or PD. Although Rare is now working on more Kinect-oriented games, I think these games deserved to be played by anyone who has an Xbox 360. They all have distinct and unique Rare "experience".

Of course, MS should consider: Gears of War, Halo 3, Shadowrun, Shadow Complex, Bioshock, Mass Effect, etc.

People are making a lot of odd choices, haven't all the announced games also been titles with likely sequels? This seems like a mostly promotion style of give away rather than a quality game for the sake of it.
Crysis

Forza 3

Kameo

Splinter Cell Double Agent

Call of Duty 2

Battlefield 2

If Rockstar and Microsoft are smart they will put up GTA IV and LaTD.
September 1st to 16th ending one day before GTA V releases.
Perfect marketing, though I don't want that personally as I just brought GTAIV when it was on sale I'd rather have L4D or H3.

GTA is actually a pretty good idea. I still want the Halo 3 that I was promised though, it will be nice to have a population spike for a couple of weeks.

I'm guessing Halo 3 and another arcade game.

Does the digital version of ODST come with Halo 3: Mythic? I would have preferred that instead because then the DLC maps would have an actual chance of appearing when it goes free.

Feindflug

Halo Anniversary.
Dead Rising Off the Record
Dark Souls
Gears of War Judgement

Dark Souls with a price reduction on Artorias of the Abyss would've been nice though probably too good to be true...I already have the game and played it for more than 300hrs but it would've been nice to get for free the best game of the generation. :p

My predictions for the next months are:

Shadow Complex
'Splosion Man
Bayonetta
Vanquish
Batman Arkham Asylum
Banjo Kazooie: N&B
Ninja Gaiden 2

I don't think it would be smart to give away GTA IV because the people on the fence about getting the game would probably be just fine playing it rather than GTA V. Unless Gta V gets a perfect metacritic score :)

Crackdown has a likely sequel incoming?? And I doubt Xbox owners are interested in the Defense Grid sequel...

Vampire Rain is grossly under-appreciated. It's not for everyone, but if you're a stealth fan, it's definitely one to check out.

Haven't played Bullet Witch. Any good?

I loved Bullet Witch. I imported the Japanese version and it was a ton of fun. Big open levels, for the most part, crazy powers and an insane story. They should totally put that up some time so that more people get a chance to see it.

My live ran out and I'm not sure I want to renew for now since school is starting for me and I can't find a good price on it.

Anyone know if I can get the games if I make new Xbox Live accounts? They get Gold for free the first month last I remember.

Banjo would be nice to see as almost all of the games they've given away for free so far have announced sequels coming to the Xbox One.
...Besides Crackdown, which is heavily rumored.

I can't help but think it isn't a coincidence

Top Bottom