• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

JDdelphin

That's quite a jump.

Comic Jumper itself is $15 and the rest are ten each...

You still save $15, compared to buying them individually

(Not saying it makes sense, just saying it's still technically some sort of savings)

I might get comic jumper for ten while I can as I have the rest already...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Comic Jumper itself is $15 and the rest are ten each...

You still save $15, compared to buying them individually

(Not saying it makes sense, just saying it's still technically some sort of savings)

I might get comic jumper for ten while I can as I have the rest already...

Comic Jumper has been $10 permanently since July 2011.

Izick

Comic Jumper has been $10 permanently since July 2011.

No, it's 15$.

ZHoL7GQ.png

Comic Jumper is 1200
The Maw 800
Splosion Man 800
Ms. Splosion Man 800

So you will still be saving 1200 on the bundle when it hits 2400, although 800 for all 4 is a steal.

Izick

I wish I had 200 MSP more for it. It's such a steal for that much. It'll be a good deal at 2400, but you can't beat that for 10$.

Also can't wait for LocoCycle!

JDdelphin

EDIT: Buncha replies made about how it's $15

But yeah, it seems they did that a bit before or around the same time as the bundle.
You gotta make people feel they're saving $15 instead of ten, I guess :)

-and I just bought the bundle for ten, so I saved $5 on a game I'm probably going to like anyhow at least

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Comic Jumper is TP's worst game to play imho. It's very tedious and paced badly.
I got it for free and I don't even want to play it again after the first level :/

I think all of TP's games are quite overrated if I'm honest. It's usually some core gameplay concept that gets stretched out much further than they can come up with creative uses for.

I already have Splosion Man and The Maw, would Comic Jumper and Ms. Splosion Man be worth 800?

Not for Comic Jumper. If you really enjoyed Splosion Man there's a great chance you'll like the sequel since it's mostly just more of the same.

Honestly I think Twisted Pixel games show a lot of character and they're always worthy of a smirk for some of their antics but I don't think any of them are incredibly fun to actually play. I did go all the way through Splosion Man but that's such a tough game to enjoy for extended sittings. Never finished Ms. Splosion Man because of that. I thought The Maw was mind-numbingly boring after putting an hour into it and never bothered returning to it. Comic Jumper feels like it was made without anyone actually playing the game after it was made to see if things were balanced and enjoyable.

If you want to support them for trying something different, I'd say buy the bundle and get the remaining two games. But there's better stuff out there to spend your 800 points on.

JDdelphin

I thought The Maw was mind-numbingly boring after putting an hour into it and never bothered returning to it.

See, I thought the Maw was really charming- though it's very 'kiddy'
I played through the whole thing, but you can tell it's a game more for kids than adults.
I have a niece and nephew that loved the crap out of it as it was just their speed when it came to pace and controls and stuff.
I'm sure my son will like it too when he gets a little older.

I got it for free and I don't even want to play it again after the first level :/

I think all of TP's games are quite overrated if I'm honest. It's usually some core gameplay concept that gets stretched out much further than they can come up with creative uses for.

How could you not love the Brad Theme?

derFeef

That CC2 is actually neat, even if I am bad at it. Never knew this Crash Course games existed. Seems like a great game for local mp fun too.

CC2 still does not work for me, really want to play it!

Comic Jumper is really not worth 1200, at 800 is was ok but the game is very tedious.

JoyRide Turbo needs more love.

Delisting CC1 is just stupid of them.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know the answer to this is most likely "we don't know," but just in case, does anyone know if the Borderlands 2 DLC is going to be on sale anytime soon? I neglected to pick up the Season Pass during the Xbox New Years sale and I've been waiting for it to drop ever since to no avail. I do want to play the DLC but I would also like to avoid paying full price if possible.

I have The Maw(haven't played it). Still wondering if the Bundle is worth it. I'm kinda worried that both 'splosion games are too similar, and I haven't heard great things about Comic Jumper.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Since we have no active Windows 8 gaming thread or even an active Windows Phone 7/8 gaming thread, I'll post it here. I downloaded Shuffle Party (free, ad supported) for W8. It's basically like a polished, clean version of the Windows Phone 7 game. Like the WP7 version, to finish the game you really really need to grind out tons of cash to buy all of the unlockable skins. So I wrote an AutoHotkey script to do it in the background. My laptop is making mad sacks of Shuffle Party scrilla while I type this post. By the time I go to the grocery store to drop my RedBox disc back and then come back home, I should have enough cash to buy everything. Awww yeah.

Meanwhile, in Doritos Land, I accidentally bought a bunch of Jinxes with my in-game coins and now I'm too coin deficient to unlock the last few levels so I'll need to grind the stupid level challenges again and again.

Jhoan

I know the answer to this is most likely "we don't know," but just in case, does anyone know if the Borderlands 2 DLC is going to be on sale anytime soon? I neglected to pick up the Season Pass during the Xbox New Years sale and I've been waiting for it to drop ever since to no avail. I do want to play the DLC but I would also like to avoid paying full price if possible.
I know that feel bro as I've been dying for the pass to go on sale myself. I haven't played the game in over 2 months and refuse to play it until all the DLC is out (late next month). But unfortunately, we don't know. I'm going to assume that if the Season Pass does go on again, it won't be until maybe September or October. But then again Borderlands stuff gets put on sale all the time so it might be on sale much sooner than that.
Does anyone know when the punchcard rewards for April are supposed to kick in ?

I heard it's some time towards the end of this month. I got my Live Rewards statement the other day but it was for 110 MSP so I'm guessing that the Punch Card Rewards for the 800 MSP and the free month of XBL are going to get doled out separately.

I have The Maw(haven't played it). Still wondering if the Bundle is worth it. I'm kinda worried that both 'splosion games are too similar, and I haven't heard great things about Comic Jumper.

Both 'Splosion games are very similar. Unless I'm forgetting something they didn't change pretty much anything mechanically for the sequel. There are some different environmental objects used for puzzles but ultimately it's just more of the same. If you really liked 'Splosion Man this is a boon because you get more of something you like and the new levels do feel a bit more exciting occasionally because they're more visually interesting, but if you're tired of the formula by the end of the first game the second game will be a chore.

Both 'Splosion games are very similar. Unless I'm forgetting something they didn't change pretty much anything mechanically for the sequel. There are some different environmental objects used for puzzles but ultimately it's just more of the same. If you really liked 'Splosion Man this is a boon because you get more of something you like and the new levels do feel a bit more exciting occasionally because they're more visually interesting, but if you're tired of the formula by the end of the first game the second game will be a chore.

Thanks for the summary. I'll probably pull the trigger since the price will go up soon.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I know that feel bro as I've been dying for the pass to go on sale myself. I haven't played the game in over 2 months and refuse to play it until all the DLC is out (late next month). But unfortunately, we don't know. I'm going to assume that if the Season Pass does go on again, it won't be until maybe September or October. But then again Borderlands stuff gets put on sale all the time so it might be on sale much sooner than that.

Grrr, I know. I was considering buying it during their New Years sale but I thought it would go on sale again so waiting didn't seem like a bad idea, but it seems like whenever anything Borderlands is on sale it's usually the BL1 and not BL2.

In any case I only have one character at level 50, so I have decided to level up a few more characters and maybe check out the Mechromancer. That will probably take me a few months given my work schedule, so by that point I would expect the DLC to go on sale again.

Jhoan

Grrr, I know. I was considering buying it during their New Years sale but I thought it would go on sale again so waiting didn't seem like a bad idea, but it seems like whenever anything Borderlands is on sale it's usually the BL1 and not BL2.

In any case I only have one character at level 50, so I have decided to level up a few more characters and maybe check out the Mechromancer. That will probably take me a few months given my work schedule, so by that point I would expect the DLC to go on sale again.

I understand. I underestimated the amount of DLC that they would be doling out. Opportunities like that don't come too often but when they do, I suppose it's worth jumping on. Hopefully another opportunity to get some free DLC will come along soon like with Torgue's Campaign of Carnage which everyone and their mother jumped on (you too; I remember).

Unlike you though, I only have one character at level 33 from finishing the game the first time around (the Gunzerker). I suppose I might go back to playing the first one and do my second play through. Didn't you check out the Mechromancer when it was on sale? I sure as hell did. I also understand that you're busy person (you've been MIA at the meet ups :( ). Have fun leveling up all those other characters in between then.

Finally got crash course 2 to work...

Why is this 30fps ??? the first one was 60 and you really feel a difference with half the frame rate.

Terrible start already for this game, nothing looks improved visually outside of some BLOOM and they half the frame rate?

Lima

So I finally started playing Joe Danger 2 and finished it in one sitting. Why did they make this game so easy? I mean Joe Danger 1 wasn't exactly hard either compared to let's say Trials but getting all the pro medals was still a challenge.

Here I pretty much got all pro medals on my first try. I still liked the game but it was disappointing for sure.

Btw any news on the release date of the DLC?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I understand. I underestimated the amount of DLC that they would be doling out. Opportunities like that don't come too often but when they do, I suppose it's worth jumping on. Hopefully another opportunity to get some free DLC will come along soon like with Torgue's Campaign of Carnage which everyone and their mother jumped on (you too; I remember).

Unlike you though, I only have one character at level 33 from finishing the game the first time around (the Gunzerker). I suppose I might go back to playing the first one and do my second play through. Didn't you check out the Mechromancer when it was on sale? I sure as hell did. I also understand that you're busy person (you've been MIA at the meet ups :( ). Have fun leveling up all those other characters in between then.

Dude I haven't been on GAF very much recently except on my subscribed threads, let me know when the next meetup is! I had fun that one time I came out.

And yo you should DEFINITELY play through on True Vault Hunter Mode, it's a lot more fun than the normal campaign. I have a Siren at level 50 and I didn't think I would enjoy running through the campaign again, but they change up the enemies, give them new attributes, and it keeps the campaign fresh the whole way through. I made sure not to pick up any of the side quests though so that I can do them at level 50 and get max level weapons.

Yeah I got the Torgue DLC for free, but I haven't tried it lol. Didn't ever pick up the Mechromancer pack, so I'm kicking myself about that one too.

Ezalc

So I have 2,000 points and I want to spend them somehow. Any kind poster willing to recommend me a few games? To make things a bit easier:

I don't have a gold account but would still like a game I can play with friends (so local co-op), I have SSFIITHD and MvsC2 in my 360 already even though I'm awful at fighting games. I enjoy SHMUPS but I don't want to just stick to them. I was thinking of buying Ikaruga though I don't know if it's better to get the GCN copy or what. I have a PS3/PC, so I think some exclusives would be cool. I don't want any FPS/TPS though since I'm awful at controlling them with the analog stick. Racing games are welcome. Platformers and beat-em-ups as well, I was thinking of getting Mark of the Ninja or that one beat em up with Guardians in the name, the rest of it escapes me. Anyways, thanks for any responses.

Rawker

So I have 2,000 points and I want to spend them somehow. Any kind poster willing to recommend me a few games? To make things a bit easier:

I don't have a gold account but would still like a game I can play with friends (so local co-op), I have SSFIITHD and MvsC2 in my 360 already even though I'm awful at fighting games. I enjoy SHMUPS but I don't want to just stick to them. I was thinking of buying Ikaruga though I don't know if it's better to get the GCN copy or what. I have a PS3/PC, so I think some exclusives would be cool. I don't want any FPS/TPS though since I'm awful at controlling them with the analog stick. Racing games are welcome. Platformers and beat-em-ups as well, I was thinking of getting Mark of the Ninja or that one beat em up with Guardians in the name, the rest of it escapes me. Anyways, thanks for any responses.

Trials evolution
Hard corps uprising
Lara croft guardian of light

Jhoan

Dude I haven't been on GAF very much recently except on my subscribed threads, let me know when the next meetup is! I had fun that one time I came out.

And yo you should DEFINITELY play through on True Vault Hunter Mode, it's a lot more fun than the normal campaign. I have a Siren at level 50 and I didn't think I would enjoy running through the campaign again, but they change up the enemies, give them new attributes, and it keeps the campaign fresh the whole way through. I made sure not to pick up any of the side quests though so that I can do them at level 50 and get max level weapons.

Yeah I got the Torgue DLC for free, but I haven't tried it lol. Didn't ever pick up the Mechromancer pack, so I'm kicking myself about that one too.

It's cool. I check my subscribed threads all the time. I'm hosting a meet up next Friday night at Fat Cat. You can view the thread with all the details here.

Any way, that damn game man. I'm so close to having all the side quests done but it seems that in order to beat all the side quests 100% I have to do another run so I can take on Terramorphous and do the arena side quests with a party. I've been a fan of the more gung ho classes, but I think the Siren might be my next choice to roll with or the Commando. I'm thinking about doing another run of the first game with the Siren since the Berzerker is so boring to play as and doesn't have much variety with his action skill. I suppose it's worth a romp then given how I'm pretty much bored of all my physical games and have no desire to play one of the games in my backlog.

Any way, the Torgue DLC was pretty damn funny. I played through it with another GAF member and loved it. It's super macho but it's very self-aware. I won't spoil it but you get some pretty damn good weapons from it from the vending machines (the DLC has it's own currency). There's also an optional boss that definitely requires a couple of people to take out since he's hard alone especially as a Gunzerker. You should've jumped that Mechromancer. I've getting a huge bang for my buck for having bought the game for 25 bucks. If you ever want to team up, my GT's in my profile. I also lurk in the OT as well from time to time until I get back into olaying the game.

Back on topic: So I've been playing Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition and it's a weird game to say the least. I've never seen a game with such a funky and imaginative visual style. It boggles my mind but it's been pretty decent so far. I can only play the game in short bursts before I get bored of it. It's a shame the online community is dead for it.

I'm gonna try to give Crash Course 2 another boot to see if it works since it looks people have been able to play it. I'm not liking what I'm reading about a few frustrating things about it, but it's free so I can't complain.

aku:jiki

Crash Course 2 seems like it's a really fun improvement on the first game, if they could ever fix the server. I can't be bothered to play if like 50% of my runs won't save because I lost connection to server at the end... Why would you not code your game to save locally first? Wish it worked properly, I really want to dive right into it.

Monaco is also pretty fun and, of course, dripping with visual style. I just wish the dude who made it was as talented at audio design as he is at visuals - there's just such a dull soundscape in this game, yet I don't want to just mute it and play my own music because I need to be immersed to maximize my sneaking skills. Oh well, minor complaint and everything else is a lot of fun so far. I liked the Lockpick character, but I might start leaning more towards The Gentleman now that I've unlocked him. Generating disguises is just too useful!

People have already found a crazy use for The Mole, I wonder what else can be done with him... Check it out, getting an achievement in 30 seconds:
http://youtu.be/hZkcYGUYSZ0

Ezalc

Trials evolution
Hard corps uprising
Lara croft guardian of light

Lara croft is something I think I'd rather play on the PC though, it's on steam isn't it? As for the other two those are some serious contenders. I know Hard Corps has Co-op, didn't know Trials did as well. But on trials I have a question, isn't there a new version of it coming out soon or something? A sequel or something like that? I still haven't bought anything so I'm still open to suggestions.

Top Bottom