• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Central Discussion Thread

MMaRsu

Banned
8fzhemg.png

============================================
What is this thread all about?
In this thread you can discuss everything about the Xbox 360 like :

-Discuss any new content that goes up on Marketplace.
-Discuss about accessory's or different SKU's.
-Discuss new updates like the fall update or BC updates.
-Xbox Original titles, and how compatible they are.
-New games that don't always warrant a new thread.

prodpage_icon_xbox_360.gif
Xbox 360 SKU's

Microsoft Xbox 360 Pro Bundle
020079b.jpg

Includes :
* 20 GB Hard drive
* Wireless controller
* HD AV cable
* Ethernet network cable
* Wired XBOX Live headset
* White faceplate
* One Month Free Gold Membership

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade
020078b.jpg

Includes :
* Wireless controller
* Ethernet network cable
* White faceplate
* XBOX Live Silver service

Microsoft Xbox 360 Arcade includes the following 5 free arcade games on an in package disc:

1. Feeding Frenzy
2. Luxor 2
3. Boom Boom Rocket
4. Pac-Man Championship Edition
5. Uno

Microsoft Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle
020083b.jpg

Includes :

* 120 GB Hard drive
* Black Wireless controller
* HDMI Port & Cable
* Ethernet network cable
* Wired XBOX Live headset
* Black faceplate
* One Month Free Gold Membership

Microsoft Halo 3 Limited Edition Xbox 360
020076b.jpg

Includes :
* Halo 3 Special Edition Console
* Halo 3 Special Edition Wireless Controller
* Halo 3 Special Edition 20GB Hard Drive
* Halo 3 Special Edition Wired Headset
* Halo 3 Special Edition Gamer Pics and Theme (Exclusive download via Xbox LIVE)
* Component HD AV Cable
* Ethernet Cable
* HDMI Port
* Play & Charge Kit
* Xbox LIVE Silver Membership
* One-month Xbox LIVE Gold Membership

Recent demo's
MX vs. ATV Untamed Demo
Price: Free
Availability: Not available in Hong Kong, India, Japan, Singapore or Taiwan
Size: 911.78 MB

College Hoops 2K8 Demo
Availability: Canada and United States
Size: 725.78 MB

Blacksite Area 51 - Demo 2
Availability: Not available in India
Size: 988.11 MB

NCAA March Madness '08 Demo
Availability: Canada and United States
Size: 927.81 MB

Orange Box : Episode 2 demo

Top rated Xbox 360 titles
1. The Orange Box
2. BioShock
3. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
4. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
5. Gears of War
6. Rock Band
7. Halo 3
8. Mass Effect
9. Guitar Hero II
10. Virtua Fighter 5 Online

Don't really know what else to put in the OP, if anyone has any suggestions, I will update it.

Please keep it civilized, no system wars bullshit in here either or random mod will ban your ass.

MMaRsu

Banned
AZ Greg said:

Because it's a good idea? Why not?

You can discuss anything about the 360 in here, new content that goes up etc and if it's any good.

Is it really necessary to make a new thread about every piece of content? No so you can talk about it here.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
What is this thread all about?
In this thread you can discuss everything about the Xbox 360 like :

So pretty much we can no longer make any Xbox 360 thread ..

No thanks, but I think this thread would be awesome to give away an extra 48hr XBL trial I have that I [hope] hasn't been used yet. I had a friend who wanted it, but he never responded to me when I sent him a PM, so as far as I know, the code should still work.

mood

Nice idea, but I think GAF lends itself better to new topics for new news. Megathreads are intimidating and produce less discussion IMO.

MMaRsu

Banned
BenjaminBirdie said:
And what about my delicious Rock Band DLC? Or a fun new Die Hard theme? Or a new episode of Xavier: Renegade Angel?

Excactly, it's not like every piece of content warrants a new thread.

AZ Greg

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Why do they make a weekly PSN update thread? The world will never know.

Oh, so its about 360 vs. PS3? I should have known.

MMaRsu said:
Because it's a good idea? Why not?

You can discuss anything about the 360 in here, new content that goes up etc and if it's any good.

Is it really necessary to make a new thread about every piece of content? No so you can talk about it here.

There are already threads for new XBLA information, demo releases, fall update information, etc...

GhaleonEB

MMaRsu said:
I like the general idea, but it's a bit of a catch-all thread. There's a mega thread for demos and another for XBLA. It's a bit unfocused as to what the intent is.

Anyhoo. Some comments.

The Halo Xbox 360 is a marketing failure, IMO. It should be discounted to $350, or bundled with the regular edition of the game, stat.

Arcade needs the component cables that come with the other two systems, and get down to $250. It's a decent SKU otherwise.

Bildi

Borgnine said:
How does this system compare to say, a train, which I could also afford?
Wow, you can afford a train? Are we talking just an engine or carriages as well?

If it's just the engine, I'm not so impressed.

Tieno

I don't favour forcing and grouping everything into big threads. They almost become like subforums.

MMaRsu

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I like the general idea, but it's a bit of a catch-all thread. There's a mega thread for demos and another for XBLA. It's a bit unfocused as to what the intent is.

Anyhoo. Some comments.

The Halo Xbox 360 is a marketing failure, IMO. It should be discounted to $350, or bundled with the regular edition of the game, stat.

Arcade needs the component cables that come with the other two systems, and get down to $250. It's a decent SKU otherwise.

Well I guess we'll have to see how it fares :).

Yeah the Halo 360 marketing is kinda weird, why even release that system? The elite wasn't introduced a couple of months before the Halo 360 came out, they should have just bundled that with a copy of Halo 3..

Tieno said:
I don't favour forcing and grouping everything into big threads. They almost become like subforums.

I'm really not trying to force anything, you don't have to post here ofcourse.

BenjaminBirdie said:
I'm with you, MMaRsu. I tried creating one in November, 2005. Best of luck.

Heh thanks for the support. Have a link to your thread by any chance?

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Maybe if there was an official ps3 thread this would make sense but w.e
Hopefully it turns out meaningful.

I have no actual contribution btw.

Rorschach

Tieno said:
Subforums without the directory (ie threads). So if I want to search for demo impressions/availability, I have to wade through all this?

Code:
-New games that don't always warrant a new thread.

Forget that!

vilmer_

Some guy with a thick New York accent was making fun of white people in Halo 3 while simply referring to the others as "feggits".

squicken

Maybe if we pool our resources we can find the corpse of Don Mattrick. You know, do some good like the Sony guys and their folding.

Edit: Also, Shane Kim could bookmark this thread to keep up to date.

Rorschach said:
So if I want to search for demo impressions/availability, I have to wade through all this?

Use the demo thread. PSN has a thread where you can discuss ALL THE CONTENT that goes up for it. 360 does not.

Is the new CSI:NY up yet? I have no idea!

bryehn

BenjaminBirdie said:
And what about my delicious Rock Band DLC? Or a fun new Die Hard theme? Or a new episode of Xavier: Renegade Angel?

Xavier's on Marketplace? I love that show...

Not a bad idea to cover extra stuff like that I guess...unfortunately as a Canadian, most of this stuff is unavailable :\

I can see why a list of what X360 SKUs are available and what is contained within them might be useful on... a non-gaming forum... where people who have very little knowledge about gaming might be looking for information... but... is this some kind of subtle satire about NeoGAF?

Tieno

BenjaminBirdie said:
Use the demo thread. PSN has a thread where you can discuss ALL THE CONTENT that goes up for it. 360 does not.

The PSN thread resets every week and has nice list of whats up every Thursday in the OP.
Catch-em-all threads like this devolve into difficult to navigate megathreads and in the end just scare away people and thus lose their purpose.

Rorschach

BenjaminBirdie said:

...I guess it is a 360 vs PS3 thing...

*bail out*

Hey guys I'm making an official NeoGAF thread. That way when you have something you want to talk about on NeoGAF, instead of making a new thread, you can just talk about it in there.

Yeah...your intentions were good but I think an "Xbox 360 Central Discussion Thread" is a little too broad and far-reaching.

DigitalA1chemy said:
Hey guys I'm making an official NeoGAF thread. That way when you have something you want to talk about on NeoGAF, instead of making a new thread, you can just talk about it in there.

Yeah...your intentions were good but I think an "Xbox 360 Central Discussion Thread" is a little too broad and far-reaching.

There should at least be a Marketplace thread.

Synless

I was wondering when someone was going to make a 360 marketplace type thread like the ps3 has, I never know what demos are up on the 360 (because I never have it hooked up online unless I need to dl a demo or something). This is much needed.

Top Bottom