• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Central Discussion Thread

MMaRsu

Banned
If you guys want I'll just transform the OP into an official marketplace thread.

If that's what you guys want eh

Tieno

MMaRsu said:
If you guys want I'll just transform the OP into an official marketplace thread.

If that's what you guys want eh
Make it a weekly marketplace thread where you collect all the good stuff that goes up in the OP, if you want to commit yourself to something like that. Start a new one every week, where maybe you link to the previous threads...kinda like the PSN threads.

probune

BenjaminBirdie said:
There should at least be a Marketplace thread.

Or maybe some sort of blog where someone inside the Xbox team at Microsoft posts whenever content is going up.

But does such a thing exist?

EDIT: But seriously a marketplace thread is good as long as the OP is updated. I never read beyond the OP in these megathreads.

probune said:
Or maybe some sort of blog where someone inside the Xbox team at Microsoft posts whenever content is going up.

But does such a thing exist?

Nearly 90% of all the hot news revealed in the board appears on the internet first.

kuYuri

I like the thread idea. I don't know how long it will be around, but as long as the OP is updated, I find it useful.

Also, to clarify, I thought the Arcade SKU comes with a wireless controller?

MMaRsu

Banned
Strider2K99 said:
The OP states wired controller.

Well I might have messed up, I'll change it :)

Anyway isn't this thread good for new people who want information about 360 etc? How many threads do we get about that?

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Darunia said:
this is one junior member I approve of

Shame, Hey Bjork, Cya!

*waves goodbye and plunges him into the same hell perma banned members go*

Silly idea, why not just have 1 thread for each console and be done with it?

Once a thread gets over a certain size only the same 10 people use it

kylej

Banned
instead of printscreening the 360 logo from SA you should've saved it and uploaded it elsewhere. it's a transparent gif

watership

Tieno said:
Make it a weekly marketplace thread where you collect all the good stuff that goes up in the OP, if you want to commit yourself to something like that. Start a new one every week, where maybe you link to the previous threads...kinda like the PSN threads.

It's a good idea, but the OP will get very big very quickly. Updates in the thread itself would be good too, with a few simple template rules. Post the name of the content and any game that it relates too in bold.

MMaRsu

Banned
Well as alot of people already said, some think it's a good idea, but it needs to be different.
Some don't think it's a good idea at all.

So lets brainstorm, what do you guys want to see and how?

I cannot see this thread ever working here, when something about a console or game happens it always get's it's own thread normally.

Speevy said:
Because the PSN "updates" every week.

So does the marketplace and the marketplace has exponentially more content everyweek than PSN. Honestly, I don't see the need for a thread for either but if people see the value in making a PSN thread every week around here so we can discuss a new "making of" video of Uncharted then why not make one for the marketplace so people can talk about the 10,000th new z-grade zombie movie they seem to release every week on the 360?

People love talking about crap updates.

Tieno said:
Yes.

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
This seems like a difficult thread to have. Way too broad, and what's the point? Each topic should have it's own thread.

JSnake

So instead of bitching, I'm gonna use this thread to ask a question.

I wanna go online with the 360 when I get it from MS (for review purposes). Now, I'm wondering if the official wireless adapter will work. See, my wireless router is alllll the way down in the basement and my bedroom (also the room where my TV and systems are) is allll the way up at the tippy-top of the house. If my laptop can connect to the router from up here, will the wireless adapter also be able to? I don't wanna waste a hundred bucks, but I don't want to set up wires around the house. My tech skills have also diminished in recent years, so all that bridging stuff is a no-go.

MMaRsu

Banned
Xbox Video Marketplace in Europe soon, limited release

xboxlive4200points.jpg

A recently purchased Microsoft Points Card package (manufactured in Ireland) confirms the impending launch of Xbox Live Video Marketplace in Europe, apparently limited to the UK, Ireland, France, and Germany. The packaging also suggests that users will be able to rent "great movies" (in high-def), but does not mention the possible availability of television content.

Microsoft has loosely targeted a year-end release for Video Marketplace in parts of Europe (and Canada), and with this new evidence, we should expect Tuesday's Dashboard Update to include the service in all relevant territories.

MMaRsu

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
It will probably roll out with the next update, just as the North American one came out with the one from last year.

Hopefully! I've been checking out the NA video marketplace a couple of times this year, and man it's so amazing. It really bummed me out that I couldn't download anything from there.

I'm just hoping the content will be somewhat on par with the NA marketplace..

besada

Banned
Make it a constant XBL update thread and a general help thread, but it's a big responsibility. I'm thinking daily checking of all new content on XBL and a willingness to help people answer general 360 questions.

You'd want a mod sponsor to change the title frequently to notify of an update.

I'd hang out in that thread, since it would be quicker than going through all the new release categories to see if someone, say, suddenly introduced a shitload of content for Katamari.

JSnake said:
So instead of bitching, I'm gonna use this thread to ask a question.

I wanna go online with the 360 when I get it from MS (for review purposes). Now, I'm wondering if the official wireless adapter will work. See, my wireless router is alllll the way down in the basement and my bedroom (also the room where my TV and systems are) is allll the way up at the tippy-top of the house. If my laptop can connect to the router from up here, will the wireless adapter also be able to? I don't wanna waste a hundred bucks, but I don't want to set up wires around the house. My tech skills have also diminished in recent years, so all that bridging stuff is a no-go.

^^^Its a mix bag. Some people who use it have great signals, while others have shit. Maybe something like the pic below might be what you're looking for?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124181

33-124-181-01.jpg

Newegg customer- drjrose said:
Pros: Small. Linksys brand. Ease of use. Retracting power plugs.

Cons: Runs a bit hot. Power plugs can be accidentally retracted if not FULLY extended while plugging into wall socket.

Other Thoughts: I have run this in numerous hotels and have consistently and easily obtained wired and wireless connections. My wife and I take two laptops on long road trips and one uses the wired while the other uses wireless. Plays WOW wired snd wireless simultaneously full speed.

^^^
Never used it, but I was recommended something similar when I was first networking my house. I ended up going wired since it has the most consistent connection(cheaper in the long run too).

Papercuts said:
Are the 360's in the Pro bundle the newest model with the extra heatsink?

From what I heard, there is a chance that you might still get a Xenon model w/o a heatsink. This is from September though, so I don't know if MS has the new Zephyr models(the one's w/ the 65nm cpu) or the Xenon w/ heatsink.

Top Bottom