• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

Dangit, I tried around 12:44am this morning and didn't win. I gave a code to my friend and be lost too. Now I only have 1 code left. I think I'll try again tomorrow around 4/5am maybe.

I sent 5 post cards last week, hopefully I get codes for those by this Friday.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
Dangit, I tried around 12:44am this morning and didn't win. I gave a code to my friend and be lost too. Now I only have 1 code left. I think I'll try again tomorrow around 4/5am maybe.

I sent 5 post cards last week, hopefully I get codes for those by this Friday.

12:45 is prime taco bell time for some still. Less than lunch and dinner but still high amount.

Also could just been unlucky and the 'Win Time' for that 10 minute slot was 12:47 too...

12:45 is prime taco bell time for some still. Less than lunch and dinner but still high amount.

Also could just been unlucky and the 'Win Time' for that 10 minute slot was 12:47 too...

Good point, I didn't think of all the people who go to taco bell at midnight high as hell. Plus I'm on the east coast which means it's 9pm on the west coast. I usually wake up once in the middle of the night to check the time to see how many more hours of sleep I have until it's time to get up for work. Just strange that I woke up at 12:40 am instead of my usual 4 am.

Tomorrow I'll attempt around 5 am ish. Hopefully I win.

LQX

Ha, that picture looks like someone took one finger, wiped their ass and then wiped it in the taco shell and sprinkled some cheese on it.

Krakn3Dfx

Ordered 3 boxes at the Taco Bell by my house, they gave me 1 box and a bag with the contents of the other 2 boxes in it. It's like Lord of the Flies with codes.

I've kind of been reading through this thread, and it appears that there are "primetime" moments throughout the day that increase the chance of winning? So like 7:00 EST would be a good time to submit a code?

SealedSeven

Neo Member
I've kind of been reading through this thread, and it appears that there are "primetime" moments throughout the day that increase the chance of winning? So like 7:00 EST would be a good time to submit a code?

AM, yes. Tho remember its more about being the first in after the 'random' time in the 10 minute slot. so even tho you may place the time at 7:03 am, the random time for that day might been 7:08:24am. so really the best chance is to play the same time each day. Cause the next day it might be 7:02:56am

edit: reason morning is better than other times is the time between everyone's text messages sending is is larger. So you have more 'buffer' time in case you're a bit behind the 'moment'. Otherwise during lunch/dinner, you'll need to be more precise.

yea... i would tweet out that picture to taco bell. That's inexcusable.
Honestly I should, I call all the time about it but nothing happens.

wow that's a sad taco. the taco bell here fills them full up.

Well, I have seen this happen before so was plausible to be real. my b

No he means a joke that they would serve that.
That isn't even the worst I have had recently, the first box during this XBox thing didn't even cover the length of the taco like that image.

Problem is that both Taco Bells near me do that for every regular taco,
Stuff like the quesarito they fill appropriately(however sometimes they put meat on one half, rice and cheese on the other)

Hah, my little brother won this morning around 6:30am, texting and bragging to me nonstop on his way to uni. Little shit needs to stop eating that crap though. Planning to try the online code method whenever it's available. Dunno if winning the PSVR contest will bring down my luck though.

AM, yes. Tho remember its more about being the first in after the 'random' time in the 10 minute slot. so even tho you may place the time at 7:03 am, the random time for that day might been 7:08:24am. so really the best chance is to play the same time each day. Cause the next day it might be 7:02:56am

edit: reason morning is better than other times is the time between everyone's text messages sending is is larger. So you have more 'buffer' time in case you're a bit behind the 'moment'. Otherwise during lunch/dinner, you'll need to be more precise.

Cool, thanks for the info!

I'm having no luck here, I've already used up 5 codes, attempted this morning at 5:11 am.

Gonna send another 7 post cards today.

JdFoX187

Banned
Well, I won this morning. Signed up yesterday and had five codes saved up that my wife and I were going to split between us. She forgot, so I entered mine as soon as I woke up and won. Felt good. So what do I now? Do they just ship it at some point?

Well, I won this morning. Signed up yesterday and had five codes saved up that my wife and I were going to split between us. She forgot, so I entered mine as soon as I woke up and won. Felt good. So what do I now? Do they just ship it at some point?

That's awesome, around what time did you do it at?

Quick question, can you and your wife both do it the same day? If so I'll have my wife attempt too, or is it 1 time a day per household?

SealedSeven

Neo Member

Congrats! I sent text in at 6:54 but didn't get a response back. Retried at 703 but said I played. I'm assuming lost then before....

What time did you play your code?

JdFoX187

Banned
That's awesome, around what time did you do it at?

Quick question, can you and your wife both do it the same day? If so I'll have my wife attempt too, or is it 1 time a day per household?
According to the rules, you can use up to five unique e-mails for a household. Anymore than that and they'll null your entries. And you can only win one per household, obviously.

Congrats! I sent text in at 6:54 but didn't get a response back. Retried at 703 but said I played. I'm assuming lost then before....

What time did you play your code?

I entered mine at 7:04 a.m. CDT and got an immediate response.

According to the rules, you can use up to five unique e-mails for a household. Anymore than that and they'll null your entries. And you can only win one per household, obviously.

I entered mine at 7:04 a.m. CDT and got an immediate response.

Good to know, I'll sign my wife up as well.

I won this morning at about 7am before work. I was likely not going to ever buy an Xbox One this gen but thanks Taco Bell. Looks like I will be playing PUBG a little earlier than I thought.

It comes with Forza 7 as well, didnt realize that.

I will definitely be playing some of the big games I have missed on the PS4.

Sunset Overdrive probably right away.

Good choice, that game is still my top ranked current gen game. Maybe Spiderman will finally overtake the top spot.

Livingskeletons

If I pulled that off, would you die?
The dewritos contest is just plain not as good, they had one for the original Xbox One. The amount of codes you needed was a nightmare. I forget the exact amounts, but I'm guessing you'll need to spend a bit more than XBX retail price's worth of dewrito products to 'win'. If you have multiple people addicted to junk food willing to feed you codes it might be more worthwhile.

Is that the one where you bid for the Xbox with your points? Screw that.

jmizzal

How do you enter the code online? I got a box today, I thought you didnt have to text the code and could enter it online.

Edit its here saw someone post it in the thread

https://winxbox.com/

Dont know why its not on the contest page.

So bought another box against my better judgment. I won't be buying another lol. Taco Bell is just disgusting.

If I don't win, i will go with the Mountain Dew Doritos promo instead lol.

Won on my 4th box. Input the code this morning before work and "Winner, Winner!" I haven't owned anything outside of a Nintendo system for a while. Looks like I'll get to play Monster Hunter Worlds after all.

Kalnoky

For some reason, I thought this promo was only for that quesarito box, which seems gross. Wife wanted Taco Bell last night, and saw in the drive thru that you can also get a different variant with some pretty regular menu items in it.

Got one of those, played my code and... didn't win, haha.

Jetku

Here's the story about how getting in shape got me an Xbox One X:

Last October I decided enough is enough. I was too fat and needed to make a change. I was up to ~206lbs with 28% body fat. I fully changed my diet, lifestyle, and started working out. Fast forward, I am down to ~11.5% body fat and now have a lot more energy and am so much better waking up early.

This week I was lazy and kept forgetting to schedule my oil change for the weekend. I finally got around to it yesterday and the dealerships were all booked, except one ~30 minutes away with one 8:30am appointment. I now have a rule that I must make all efforts to go to the gym every other day, and today is the day. But I'm also a father, so I don't want to spend all day getting an oil change and at the gym. I set my alarm (on a Saturday!) for 6:20am so I can get to the gym before the oil change. When I wake up, I remember I have a code I didn't yet enter, so I try it and I win! 3rd entry this contest, but I've tried yearly with no success!!

TLDR: I won this morning, entering at 6:28am et! Thank you "healthier" lifestyle!

ZjVUaXy_d.jpg

For some reason, I thought this promo was only for that quesarito box, which seems gross. Wife wanted Taco Bell last night, and saw in the drive thru that you can also get a different variant with some pretty regular menu items in it.

Got one of those, played my code and... didn't win, haha.

Quesarito is probably one of the best items Taco Bell has, especially

Last October I decided enough is enough. I was too fat and needed to make a change. I was up to ~206lbs with 28% body fat. I fully changed my diet, lifestyle, and started working out. Fast forward, I am down to ~11.5% body fat and now have a lot more energy and am so much better waking up early.

This week I was lazy and kept forgetting to schedule my oil change for the weekend. I finally got around to it yesterday and the dealerships were all booked, except one ~30 minutes away with one 8:30am appointment. I now have a rule that I must make all efforts to go to the gym every other day, and today is the day. But I'm also a father, so I don't want to spend all day getting an oil change and at the gym. I set my alarm (on a Saturday!) for 6:20am so I can get to the gym before the oil change. When I wake up, I remember I have a code I didn't yet enter, so I try it and I win! 3rd entry this contest, but I've tried yearly with no success!!

TLDR: I won this morning, entering at 6:28am et! Thank you "healthier" lifestyle!

ZjVUaXy_d.jpg

Congrats on the new lifestyle and the win. I'm hoping I get some more codes Monday night. I'll attempt Tuesday morning.

ZjVUaXy_d.jpg

your story is so reddit worthy :)

Didn't they take that away, is it back? I don't see it on the website.

It was back recently but went away again quickly,
Taco Bell loves doing that to all their popular specials(put something out for a month or less then disappears for a few months and returns for a few weeks at a time)
Honestly im amazed the Dorito Tacos became a permanent item.

But I also see the point because they make the prices of those limited specials ridiculously low, Volcano Quesarito are .89 cents for example.

chemicals

A week ago today.. I read about this promotion right here at neogaf. I went to my local Taco Bell and got the 5 dollar box with a code to enter for a free xboneX. I went all out and got 2 little cups of jalepenos and topped it all off witb Fire Sauce (tm). I believed the neogaffers and woke up at 6 am the following morning to enter the code. Within 2 seconds I had about two repeats of the "thank you for whatever" message.. Then nothing for a minute - then suddenly a message saying I did not win. Shortly after that I received 2 more messages to say I did not win. I received these messages while I was on the crapper for over an hour. Most of the time praying that the agony would somehow end. And it ended. I splashed my sweaty nasty face with cold water from the tap. Then before my hands were dry.. If you will, i suggest you imagine the horrible irony. Just let it sink in. My stomach did a fuxcking mcTwist and suddenly I'm back in the stall with wet hands.. As soon as my pants were down, i started Pressing those wet hands together and saying: oh my lord above please let this end. I feel like I ate a damn shop vac. This is so messed up.. Please help me lord!

That was one full week ago. One full week of feeling like hell. I will not eat Taco Bell ever again to possibly win an xbox one x.

I will not.

kuYuri

I said besides the specials,
The boxes here go up above $5 when these specials end but the box is a decent deal.
But this is typically what the tacos my locations serves look like

$1.30+

lol, wtf. Dude, I would go straight to the counter and get that filled up more, or complain to a manager. I've never had a taco look that pathetic

lol, wtf. Dude, I would go straight to the counter and get that filled up more, or complain to a manager. I've never had a taco look that pathetic

I have given up on the managers long ago, I even called the corporate complaint thing way back and it didn't make a difference.

For a while I was getting Taco Bell multiple times a week because it was next door to my job and open till like 3am.
every time i'd tell a manager they'd fix it but it would be exactly the same like the next day

kuYuri

I have given up on the managers long ago, I even called the corporate complaint thing way back and it didn't make a difference.

For a while I was getting Taco Bell multiple times a week because it was next door to my job and open till like 3am.
every time i'd tell a manager they'd fix it but it would be exactly the same like the next day

Sounds like they will fix it for you if you complain, but won't otherwise change how they make the food. :/

Top Bottom