• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

Dural

Anyone get codes from mailing in postcards? What does the title of the email say? I have it going to my junk account and don't want to miss them.

Nephtes

You can get the other $5 box too. doesn't have to be the quesarito box for this.

What's in the other $5 box?
I thought there was only one $5 box?

The only things I ever order from Taco Bell outside of this stupid contest is one 7 Layer Burrito, one Shredded chicken burrito and a glass of water....

Lucent

0-1. I'm probably only gonna buy one more box before the free codes. I'm trying not to eat out much and I'm not falling for their tricks. =(

l7lzpe0onlkz.png

possible new promo after this

The dewritos contest is just plain not as good, they had one for the original Xbox One. The amount of codes you needed was a nightmare. I forget the exact amounts, but I'm guessing you'll need to spend a bit more than XBX retail price's worth of dewrito products to 'win'. If you have multiple people addicted to junk food willing to feed you codes it might be more worthwhile.

big_z

l7lzpe0onlkz.png

OH GOD YES! THIS MEANS IT WILL BE IN CANADA TOO!

Doritos are my cheat day snack and I managed to win twice over the years but the Canadian version will likely be hourly or daily. Really hope they don't require a dew + doritos code for one entry or do the collect all the flavors for a chance to win.

What's the source for this? Reliable?

The contest site is already live so its legit.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I participated. It told me to play again tomorrow when I lost. My colon can't handle that type of commitment.

Oh shit, might wanna see a doctor about that then. Anybody with even mediocre digestive health should be handle very basic food like taco Bell.

So wait a minute, I gotta spend at least $100 to $200 on Doritos and Mountain Dew to bid on an auction and hopefully win? lol

You get points by purchasing product so it's not "free"...

So wait a minute, I gotta spend at least $100 to $200 on Doritos and Mountain Dew to bid on an auction and hopefully win? lol

Seriously, between this and people buying Taco Bell lunch boxes every day, just save your money and buy the damn thing.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.

If I remember correctly, people were getting these things for like $200. The best way was 7-11 single size Doritos or something along those lines. 2 litters as well. I remember those pictures. It was madness, but fun.

If I remember correctly, people were getting these things for like $200. The best way was 7-11 single size Doritos or something along those lines. 2 litters as well. I remember those pictures. It was madness, but fun.
Yep, people were using it as a way to get it half price pretty much. Spend $200 on product, search for an auction you can snipe at unpopular times

Kibbles

l7lzpe0onlkz.png

Damn I wished they announced this before I bought all those Microsoft store gift cards to preorder it X_X. Was pretty cool getting all that shit and a Xbox One for cheaper than what it cost lol. I was using a flashlight and taking pictures of the reflection to keep all the Dew Fresh, had those resealable Walmart packs of Doritos.... had so much of that shit I was giving paper grocery bags full of them to friends lol. A lot of weird looks from people and cashiers but it was fun

Seriously, between this and people buying Taco Bell lunch boxes every day, just save your money and buy the damn thing.

We don't have the rules and regulations yet, but I believe every contest like this has a way to obtain free codes via mail or online request. You won't get as many chances as if you buy the product, but a purchase isn't actually required.

SealedSeven

Neo Member

Hey, I have to eat lunch in a day. Might as well get a code while eating lunch :p

For the Doritos contest : once you bid, you lose those points correct? (didn't try the past one to know how this one works)

Jallopy

Hey, I have to eat lunch in a day. Might as well get a code while eating lunch :p

For the Doritos contest : once you bid, you lose those points correct? (didn't try the past one to know how this one works)

Nope, if it's like the other ones, your keep your points unless your win. Standard auction style.

Jrs3000

l7lzpe0onlkz.png

This is how I won my xbox 1. I bought about $220 in dew to get the system. SMH I had so much dew and doritos I sold some and gave rest away. I might have to resurrect the light method...

Damn I wished they announced this before I bought all those Microsoft store gift cards to preorder it X_X. Was pretty cool getting all that shit and a Xbox One for cheaper than what it cost lol. I was using a flashlight and taking pictures of the reflection to keep all the Dew Fresh, had those resealable Walmart packs of Doritos.... had so much of that shit I was giving paper grocery bags full of them to friends lol. A lot of weird looks from people and cashiers but it was fun

Me 2!!! Fortunately I got in the GS trade deal in july so I can just skip this.

The Dorito's/Mountain Dew promo bums me out, as I don't eat/drink either of those. I think I've settled on trying my luck with the Taco Bell contest via the online code. If I don't win that, I'll just wait until next year to get the One X for free via Microsoft gift cards acquired via Bing rewards.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
Nope, if it's like the other ones, your keep your points unless your win. Standard auction style.

Oh good. Then that's not bad at all. It's just load up enough and keep retrying til one sticks.

I'm hoping to get a bunch of codes on release and hope to snag an early auction

SealedSeven

Neo Member
Even at that time frame, eeek

well it is also random to when the 'Hit Point' is in the 10 minute mark. May not have been because a lot of people texting, just the point to win was at 5:27. The key is playing the same time each day, which is what I'm doing. (no one here take 6:54 am est. )

I thought you guys were kidding about employees taking the boxes, but the one near mine tried to give me it in a different box until I started talking to them about the Xbox. I saw him bring my stuff in a different box, the guy at the window told him I asked about the Xbox, and the they came back with the box

Sugarmonkey

0-4. Even got my wife in on it! The first time I bought a quesarito box to sit in and eat, they gave me a tray and no box. Had to ask them to bring me the box - bastards!

So I bought my big box last night and saved the code until this morning because I figured I had a better chance of winning in the morning when nobody is eating Taco Bell, and I WON!!

BrkxQTO.jpg

StillEdge

Somebody post the best plan for the mtn dew contest from previous ones they've had. I need to be ready. I might sell my Xbox One to pay for all the Doritos to do this. This is how I won my OG Xbox I bought codes off someone online.

So I bought my big box last night and saved the code until this morning because I figured I had a better chance of winning in the morning when nobody is eating Taco Bell, and I WON!!

BrkxQTO.jpg

That's awesome congrats, around what time did you put in the code? If I ever get the codes from the mailing, I'm thinking of doing it around maybe 4am/5am?

Top Bottom