• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

Ordered a $5 steak quesorito box in the drive thru today.
Asked for Diet Coke.
Waited 15 minutes.
Got to the food window.
The box was generic white "big box" with no code; attendant said they ran out of boxes with codes.
Got handed me a Diet Pepsi; found out that TB doesn't serve Coke products.
Asked for medium sauces.
Opened the box as I drove away to find I only got mild sauces.
Tried eating a taco while driving; spilled ground "beef" oil on my pants.

Never again, Taco Bell.

Son...
You order Mountain Dew products at Taco Bell, its just how it works.
and also why they have Doritos tacos.

_SAKY_

Ordered a $5 steak quesorito box in the drive thru today.
Asked for Diet Coke.
Waited 15 minutes.
Got to the food window.
The box was generic white "big box" with no code; attendant said they ran out of boxes with codes.
Got handed me a Diet Pepsi; found out that TB doesn't serve Coke products.
Asked for medium sauces.
Opened the box as I drove away to find I only got mild sauces.
Tried eating a taco while driving; spilled ground "beef" oil on my pants.

Never again, Taco Bell.

And then a chihuahua jumped in front of my car, causing me to swerve and crash into a tanker truck full of Baja Blast Mountain Dew.

Bought one. It's only 10pm EST. Going to wait until my gut gives me a bad feeling and then I'll try the code.

I tried 8 times back for the ps4 contest. Bought a lot of boxes and left burritos along my frozen college campus. What a waste. Please help me stop.

I bought some more post cards and decided to measure them today before sending them out. I see that their 4X5 1/2 instead or 3 1/2 X 5!!!!!!

Im hoping they still take em. Their offical post cards.

I've been though all of the Sony Vita, VR, Xbox, and whatever other Taco Bell contests, and this is going to be my year... To completely lose again and watch others win.

Bought my first box, so ashamed.

Patiently awaiting the online code period so I can get my free entries! I don't have the time/motivation to mail out the postcards and it'd probably take too long anyway. I'd sure love to win, but if not I'll just buy the box anyway. I can't bring myself to actually buy Taco Bell for an entry.

I'll probably buy a few boxes when my wife is away and thus unable to shame me for my terrible decisions.

Patiently awaiting the online code period so I can get my free entries! I don't have the time/motivation to mail out the postcards and it'd probably take too long anyway. I'd sure love to win, but if not I'll just buy the box anyway. I can't bring myself to actually buy Taco Bell for an entry.

I'll probably buy a few boxes when my wife is away and thus unable to shame me for my terrible decisions.

Man I still haven't even gotten those codes I requested via postcard. Does anyone know if those are tied to my name or anything? I'd hate to get disqualified for giving them away.

Man I still haven't even gotten those codes I requested via postcard. Does anyone know if those are tied to my name or anything? I'd hate to get disqualified for giving them away.

Hot dang! Glad I didn't send in then! It would have taken me 5-7 days to get cards before I could even fill them out.

From what I understand, they aren't tied to you in any way, shape, or form. They're just codes that you text in as if you got them off the $5 box.

How many times a day can one legit try? Like, with different emails etc?

The official rules state one game play per entrant per day. I'm sure you can use a different email and/or phone # to enter online or via phone, but you run the risk of being disqualified. So I guess I'd say you're limited to one "legit" try per day.

Edit: Official rules confirming the above statement. Looks like you have have up to five entrants per household:

In the event that a household plays the Game using more than five (5) unique e-mail addresses, all of the Game Plays associated with that household (determined by Sponsors or Administrator in their sole discretion) may be disqualified. Regardless of method of entry, each entrant/household is not eligible to win more than one (1) prize.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Just saw a guy walk in, go right to the trash and tear off codes for boxes.

Dude is serious.

norm9

Is a steak quesarito any good? I usually only get the Doriots Locos tacos combo. Don't wanna end up throwing my food away if its anything like a gross burrito supreme, even if I get a chance at winning.

Dude is serious.

That man is serious!!! If we could all be that serious on matter of life.

Im really contemplating walking in there and buying that nasty ass food, ripping the code off and giving the food to a homeless person (but that seems cruel cause he has no personal rest room). But I'm seriously considering it. Much cheaper than spending $500.

gaiages

Banned
Oh hey I like Quesoritos!

I guess I can give this contest a try but most times I roll up to a Taco Bell when these things are happening there are never any boxes with codes. *shrug* worth a shot or two at least.

Dishwalla

Banned
What's the point of this promotion if the restaurants don't even give out the boxes with the codes on them? Been to three different Taco Bells in the last several days, one of them in a different state even, and one of the times they just gave me my food in a bag, and just now they gave me one of the older white boxes. It's annoying.

LogicStep

Yeah I got no luck on this. I'm not eating any more I'll wait for the mail in codes or the free one. Last time around all I won was like 10 lbs. Not again.

SealedSeven

Neo Member

Dude is serious.

Hey, its called saving codes for the weekend / days you don't want to destroy your intestine. (but really, i did this the other day. no shame.)

Coworker won yesterday morning, and is one of those 'whats an xbox' users...... Of course the ones that wont use it more than 2 hours wins.

I'm 0/3. Going to use codes the same time each morning.

What's the point of this promotion if the restaurants don't even give out the boxes with the codes on them? Been to three different Taco Bells in the last several days, one of them in a different state even, and one of the times they just gave me my food in a bag, and just now they gave me one of the older white boxes. It's annoying.

ask a manager and see if they're just keeping the boxes in the back (for themselves). Seen a lot of people getting them after asking for it. Luckily I haven't experienced this tho.

LogicStep

So it's every ten minutes regardless of when the actual winning timer is?

Say 1:10-1:19.59 time slot and the winning time is 1:15. Next time slot starts at 1:20-1:29.59 and it'll be anywhere inside those ten?

I guess what I'm asking is if the time slot is dependent of the winning time at all?

Najaf

0-5. I've got one more code I can't redeem until tomorrow. Think I'm done after that.

This takes me back though. I actually won my xbox360 all those years ago during the everytenminutes promo. Still have the shirt.

Hoping to be the two time champ.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
So it's every ten minutes regardless of when the actual winning timer is?

Say 1:10-1:19.59 time slot and the winning time is 1:15. Next time slot starts at 1:20-1:29.59 and it'll be anywhere inside those ten?

I guess what I'm asking is if the time slot is dependent of the winning time at all?

Correct, it is 1 every 10 minute slot. so your example is correct. 1:15 winning time, next time to win is between 1:20-1:29:59.

RR30

Been to two different ones and each one they tried to hand it to me in a bag. I had to ask for the box. Smh

Nephtes

I like Taco Bell... I do.
Their 7 Layer Burritos and Shredded Chicken Burritos are great. I've been known to order those quite often...
But the steak quesarito is nasty.
I've never been a fan of Taco Bell's nacho cheese, but even removing that from the steak quesarito and replacing it with regular shredded cheese doesn't prevent it from still being unappetizing.

After suffering through two steak quesaritos in two weeks, I think I'm just going to keep my XOne X pre-order.

SealedSeven

Neo Member
I like Taco Bell... I do.
Their 7 Layer Burritos and Shredded Chicken Burritos are great. I've been known to order those quite often...
But the steak quesarito is nasty.
I've never been a fan of Taco Bell's nacho cheese, but even removing that from the steak quesarito and replacing it with regular shredded cheese doesn't prevent it from still being unappetizing.

After suffering through two steak quesaritos in two weeks, I think I'm just going to keep my XOne X pre-order.

You can get the other $5 box too. doesn't have to be the quesarito box for this.

As someone who hasn't eaten at Taco Bell in ages, how do the $5 boxes work? Is it just a pre-set selection of food or do you pick what you want in one? (With restrictions of course)

SealedSeven

Neo Member
As someone who hasn't eaten at Taco Bell in ages, how do the $5 boxes work? Is it just a pre-set selection of food or do you pick what you want in one? (With restrictions of course)

Preset selection, tho you can substitute hard tacos with soft, and nacho Doritos with ranch Doritos, and likely other similar subs.

Preset selection, tho you can substitute hard tacos with soft, and nacho Doritos with ranch Doritos, and likely other similar subs.

Thank you kindly! I'd get one of those things every damn day if they had a breakfast version. Looking at their menu doesn't seem too bad though. I'll have to try it out soon and see how my butt feels.

Top Bottom