• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Taco Bell team up to give fans Xbox One X starting 8/31

rfield84

Banned
Wanted to try contest. However, the only Taco Bell within 20 miles of where I live isn't participating. Sucks. Good luck to you all, though!

malfcn

The steak box was pretty good. Now I need to enter the code some time. Having our first kid at the end of the month so funds and time will be limited.

I'd like to know this as well. I don't want to eat more of this delicious crap.
The free online code doesn't start 'till the 22nd. It is currently the 4th, the post office is closed for labor day. Assuming you prepare today and ship out some postcards on the 5th, you could estimate that they'll reach the destination in 3-5 days. At five days maximum, they'd be arriving on the 10th, and assuming that the administrators are quick, they could send you your codes that same day, meaning you get twelve extra days of entering before the floodgates open for the free online codes.

Worth it to me imo. I went overkill and have twenty-one postcards prepared to slip into the post office mailbox tomorrow night.

I'm gonna win me an Xbox One X.

Shady859

Worth it to me imo. I went overkill and have twenty-one postcards prepared to slip into the post office mailbox tomorrow night.

I'm gonna win me an Xbox One X.

Don't be a cheapskate, go all in!

"Limit thirty-one (31) total Codes per person/email address via Mail-In Code Request."

malfcn

Blew the code. I won't waste too much on that delicious sickness. But will try more (if able) during free time. 😢

I bought a box. Did not win. The food was good. But the sodium just makes me feel I'll. I'll probably just try again when the open the free code up. I'm buying a Scorpio edition win or lose.

How does one do the mail in for entries?
https://www.tacobell.com/xbox/rules

B. Without a Purchase (Mail-In Code Request): To obtain a Code without making a purchase from August 21, 2017 to September 21, 2017, an eligible consumer must legibly hand write his/her full name (no initials), complete street address (no P.O. Box), age, and valid e-mail address on a 3½” x 5” properly stamped postcard and mail it to: Taco Bell® and Xbox® Game Code Request, P.O. Box 251328, West Bloomfield, MI 48325. Requests sent in an envelope will not be accepted. Mail-in requests must be postmarked by September 21, 2017 and received by September 28, 2017. Administrator will send one (1) Code by e-mail to the e-mail address provided on the request. Limit thirty-one (31) total Codes per person/email address via Mail-In Code Request. Mail-in requests will not be returned and no further correspondence will be entered into. Mail-in requests must be original and hand-written. No mechanical reproductions are allowed.

Rootbeer

Banned
Anyone else have their local Taco Bell stores charging more than $5 for the quesarito box?

Making me not want to play...

I swear I went into a Taco Bell a few days ago and the box was $5 but they raised the price to 7.49... really pisses me off.

7.49 for two tacos, quesarito and a drink... not much of a deal.

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Anyone else have their local Taco Bell stores charging more than $5 for the quesarito box?

Making me not want to play...

I swear I went into a Taco Bell a few days ago and the box was $5 but they raised the price to 7.49... really pisses me off.

7.49 for two tacos, quesarito and a drink... not much of a deal.

Taco Bell is a rip off. I go to a place called King Taco, now that shit is good. Tacos in general have gone so far up in price. I remember when I'd leave work to find a specific taco truck in L.A, it's been a long time, but I used to be able to get tacos, that were fat and tasted good! for only 30 cents a taco, those same tacos are about 1.20-1.50 a taco! by today's prices.
Taco Bell charges you around 17 bucks for 12 damned tacos and the majority of the taco is their shredded GMO lettuce.

Rootbeer

Banned
I understand your points, and I agree... but my post was specifically about the box costing only $5 the other day and now it's 7.49; the restaurant changed the price mid-promotion... why the price change, and is anyone else seeing it?

Arttemis

I will be doing the mail in requests today, I think. 50 postcards to be filled out, half for me, half for my girlfriend!

I will be doing the mail in requests today, I think. 50 postcards to be filled out, half for me, half for my girlfriend!

I mailed 5 on Thursday, if today wasn't a holiday I was expecting to receive the codes today. Hopefully I can get them tomorrow. Told my brother and brother in-law to do it too. So when I get the codes I'll attempt one at like 4am and text then to do theirs like 3 and 5 mins after me.

Hopefully one of us wins.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I will grab a box today since it's one of the only things open on my lunch break.

Bring on the sodium

I'm 0/2 for the $5 box, mailed in 7 postcards yesterday.

Free codes coming on 9/22 will only make the game more difficult lol with so many people playing.

ss_lemonade

I understand your points, and I agree... but my post was specifically about the box costing only $5 the other day and now it's 7.49; the restaurant changed the price mid-promotion... why the price change, and is anyone else seeing it?
It was like 6.49 for me when I tried this the other day. I thought I was ordering the wrong thing because of the price difference

Jetku

It was like 6.49 for me when I tried this the other day. I thought I was ordering the wrong thing because of the price difference

Prices vary by Taco Bell location - nothing to do with this promotion specifically.

Boxes always cost ~$5.99 for me in Central Jersey whereas same box in South Jersey is $4.99

purg3

slept with Malkin
got a box today while out running some errands. Never had a cheesy gordita crunch thing before. Won't lie, that shit was really good...Now to wait until early morning to enter my code. Guess it's not a bad thing that I wake up for work around 5AM anyway.

Guys, they could always speed things up, but I mailed my postcards last Monday and still haven't received one. I assume the holiday has something to do with it, but don't expect to automatically get your codes as soon as they receive the postcards.

Bsigg12

Guys, they could always speed things up, but I mailed my postcards last Monday and still haven't received one. I assume the holiday has something to do with it, but don't expect to automatically get your codes as soon as they receive the postcards.

I still haven't got 29 of my 31 codes and I mailed them out on August 21st.

I still haven't got 29 of my 31 codes and I mailed them out on August 21st.

Holy moly really, that's disappointing to hear. I really don't want to go in there and buy their food. There's one about 4 miles from me. I stopped eating fast food a couple years ago and even with that I have NEVER eaten taco bell in my life. I don't like cheese and everything in their commercials look disgusting to me.

My younger brother eats that garbage though but he lives like 30 mins away and since he's only 15, has to ask my parents for money to buy that garbage.

Tempted to walk in and buy a soft drink and see if it comes with a code

Bsigg12

Holy moly really, that's disappointing to hear. I really don't want to go in there and buy their food. There's one about 4 miles from me. I stopped eating fast food a couple years ago and even with that I have NEVER eaten taco bell in my life. I don't like cheese and everything in their commercials look disgusting to me.

My younger brother eats that garbage though but he lives like 30 mins away and since he's only 15, has to ask my parents for money to buy that garbage.

The codes are only on the $5 boxes.

Why would a drink have a code

DESTROYA

No amount of prizes will entice me to order the most disgusting things they serve as food at Taco Bell.
True story first time I ate there I had the runs for 2 days.

Shady859

Tried again this morning at 5am east coast and lost. 0-2

Best odds are dumpster diving for tossed boxes at 5am instead of code entry at that time.

Ordered a $5 steak quesorito box in the drive thru today.
Asked for Diet Coke.
Waited 15 minutes.
Got to the food window.
The box was generic white "big box" with no code; attendant said they ran out of boxes with codes.
Got handed me a Diet Pepsi; found out that TB doesn't serve Coke products.
Asked for medium sauces.
Opened the box as I drove away to find I only got mild sauces.
Tried eating a taco while driving; spilled ground "beef" oil on my pants.

Never again, Taco Bell.

Top Bottom