• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

Man, is it really? Don't exaggerate pls lol. I'm on the fence with that one but idk. From what I've seen it doesn't look all that special.
Not Sanctum of Slime.

Yes! It's freaking great, I approached it as "Well I'll try it but if I hate it my 6 year old will love it" and currently it's "Dad can I try, you've been playing the whole time".

Game is fucking legit Ghostbusters 3. Dan Ackroyd and Harold Ramis wrote it too! I can't say enough positive about it, I'm having a blast.

Not Sanctum of Slime.

Yes! It's freaking great, I approached it as "Well I'll try it but if I hate it my 6 year old will love it" and currently it's "Dad can I try, you've been playing the whole time".

Game is fucking legit Ghostbusters 3. Dan Ackroyd and Harold Ramis wrote it too! I can't say enough positive about it, I'm having a blast.

I'm stuck at the part where the opera ghosts appear. Keep dying and it's pissing me off. I was surprised to see that Dan and Harold were involved with the writing but you can tell the game is high quality.

Final Haul

Shadows of the Damned
Dead Space 2
Ghostbusters: The Video Game
Portal 2
Alan Wake's American Nightmare

I wanted to go crazy and pick up more but this is enough to keep me busy for a good while.

A few new games available for this week.

These are NOT backward compatible yet, but should be soon because they are Microsoft games.

Fable Trilogy - $23.99
Fable Anniversary - $15.99
Crackdown - $4.94
Crackdown 2 - $7.99

dibella360

Banned
Xbox 360

Alien Rage - $2.99
Battlefield 3 Premium - $29.99
Crackdown 2 - $7.99
Crackdown - $4.64
Dogfight 1942 - $1.99
Enemy Front - $7.99
Fable Trilogy - $23.99
Screamride - $7.99

Chris1

Xbox 360

Alien Rage - $2.99
Battlefield 3 Premium - $29.99
Crackdown 2 - $7.99
Crackdown - $4.64
Dogfight 1942 - $1.99
Enemy Front - $7.99
Fable Trilogy - $23.99
Screamride - $7.99
Might want to add a warning that none of them are back compatible before someone buys one thinking it is

That's the first time both crackdown has been on sale in a long time I think. Maybe the games will be BC today

Cels

Wow, we still can't use our MS balance on 360 games when we buy from the web/Xbox One.

I'm not buying anything then, good job MS.

yes, it is stupid and has been this way ever since the conversion from MSP to local currency, nearly four years ago.

they obviously don't give a shit because they would have changed the system by now

ZeoVGM

Banned
yes, it is stupid and has been this way ever since the conversion from MSP to local currency, nearly four years ago.

they obviously don't give a shit because they would have changed the system by now

I came back into the thread to say this. That's complete nonsense.

There is seriously no way to do that? Can I use my account balance to purchase the games on my 360?

Naked Lunch

I went a lil crazy picking up some games that always interested me over the years that I mostly wouldnt have picked up otherwise. I already owned many of the games on sale.

Strania - been wanting to get this for years, great game.
Triggerheart Excelica
Military Madness
Midway Arcade Origins - smashtv/total carnage player
Ghostbusters
E4: Every Extra Extend Extreme
Lumines Live!
Puzzle Quest 2 - my new bite size gaming addiction
Geometry Wars 2
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax

I came back into the thread to say this. That's complete nonsense.

There is seriously no way to do that? Can I use my account balance to purchase the games on my 360?

That's how I do it, just connect my 360 console, purchase, turn off 360, connect xbox one and start downloading.

Journey

Banned
Racked up on some great ones. Tempted to get Flashback as well, I loved the original and this looks like a nice remake, but feedback looks bad, why only 3 stars? Has anyone played it?

Ghostbusters
Blue Dragon
Portal: Still Alive
Bomberman Battlefest
Fable II
Super Meat Boy

I now have more games than will fit on my XBO. Is it as easy to put in a new HD as it is on a PS4?

Edit: Oh shit never mind, it uses External HDs? Does anyone know if I have an external I use with my Wii U, can I also store XBO games on there?

Defect

Ghostbusters
Blue Dragon
Bomberman Battlefest
Fable II
Super Meat Boy

I now have more games than will fit on my XBO. Is it as easy to put in a new HD as it is on a PS4?
You can plug in multiple external hdd's

Sale is still up.

Which is good. Hopefully it'll stay up till Midnight Pacific. Though who knows maybe it'll be like Best Buy and end at 1 AM Eastern.

I'll post my list after I'm absolutely sure I'm not getting anything else. I went kind of crazy.

Ghostbusters
Blue Dragon
Bomberman Battlefest
Fable II
Super Meat Boy

Edit: Oh shit never mind, it uses External HDs? Does anyone know if I have an external I use with my Wii U, can I also store XBO games on there?

No the Wii U external drives are formatted to only allow use with Wii U and not something else simultaneously.

Likewise if you want to store game on an external drive on Xbox One it'll be formatted to only work on Xbox One and nothing else either.

Of course you can return both to regular drives but you would have to delete off all the downloads on both.

No the Wii U external drives are formatted to only allow use with Wii U and not something else simultaneously.

Likewise if you want to store game on an external drive on Xbox One it'll be formatted to only work on Xbox One and nothing else either.

Of course you can return both to regular drives but you would have to delete off all the downloads on both.

Shit. Is it possible to partition the HD and format one partition to Wii U and the other to XBO?

I might not need to do any of this if I can find my HD after I finish moving but The Wii U drive I have is huge and as far as I know there aren't many games on it as is so if I could partition it that'd be sweet.

You win, Xbox.

Battlestations: Midway
Armored Assault 2
Far Cry 3
Lego Pirates

I own three of these on disk already, but #DigitalFuture.

Damn it.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I kinda want Far Cry 3 again but remember that shit being choppy as fuck on 360. Someone talk me into it :p

Qwark

Is Undead Nightmare on sale? I have the base game, but not the DLC so I'm considering it. It's listed as $4.99 but I'm not sure if that's sale price or regular price.

I'm quite happy with how I did on this sale. I haven't played any of the games I bought:

Beyond Good & Evil HD $3.29
de Blob 2 $2.99
Mirror's Edge $1.63
Monkey Island $2.49
Monkey Island 2 $2.49
Outland $3.29
The Orange Box $4.99

Total: $21.17
for 7 games plus The Orange Box has multiple games in it

:)

Dervius

Picked up:

Braid
Limbo
RAGE
Crackdown 2 (hopefully)

Currently not letting me buy CD2.

Was thinking about the L4D games but none of my coop buddies seem fussed, and I have Warhammer Vermintide which is v similar.

This sale kinda reminds me of the old Steam sales when they were still good and you could pick up a bunch of great games for $2.50 apiece. I bought too many games on impulse back then too.

naitosan

Man, is it really? Don't exaggerate pls lol. I'm on the fence with that one but idk. From what I've seen it doesn't look all that special.
In our world, Sanctum of Slime doesn't exist.

Get Ghostbusters: The Video Game because it's Ghostbusters 3!

Here's a bit from game's wiki:
Many of the principal cast members from the films were involved in the game's production. Each of the actors who portrayed the Ghostbusters in the films (Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Bill Murray, and Ernie Hudson) lent their voices and likenesses to the in-game characters. Aykroyd and Ramis, who wrote the films, also aided in script doctoring for the game. Other film cast members such as William Atherton, Brian Doyle-Murray, and Annie Potts lent their voices and likenesses to the game's characters as well. Max von Sydow also reprised the voice of Vigo the Carpathian. Ghostbusters: The Video Game also contains the soundtrack from the original Ghostbusters film along with various characters, locations, and props featured in the films. Dan Aykroyd has said, "This is essentially the third movie."
Buy it!

Leonidas

My Haul:

Small Arms
Fable 2
Hexic 2
Go Go Break Steady
Skate 3
Nin2-Jump
Shadows of the Damned
Gripshift
Small Arms
E4
Bomberman Battlefest
Garou Mark of Wolves
Lazy Raiders
Army of Two
Omega Five
Crackdown 2(not BC, but currently on sale)

Total was ~$50 I believe, no regrets.

I bought...

Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Dragon's Lair
Dragon Age: Origins
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable II
Fable III
Ghostbusters
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug Xx
Midway Arcade Origins
Missile Command
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
Shadows Of The Damned

Solid sale. Loving the BC.

poodaddy

I keep wondering if I should get Left For Dead 2 or not; the wife and I had amazing times playing that back in the day but we don't have the time to play together much these days. Anyone mind commenting on how active the community for the game online is these days?

Well I wasn't able to get anything. I finally got my paycheck on Thursday and my bank locks my account cause of suspected fraud. No change still. They said to wait til the 30th.

I'm so upset. I wanted to buy a couple of things from this sale and now I won't be able to get anything.

My Haul:
- Alan Wake: American Nightmare
- Catherine
- LEGO Indiana Jones
- LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
- Hitman: Absolution
- Blue Dragon
- Portal 2
- Ghostbusters
- Earthworm Jim HD

jelly

Alice Madness Returns, completed the first level, my god that took ages and it didn't really mix things up well. Platforming is simple and okay. I think I'm just digging Alice's outfit changes and the scenery. Battles are a little repetitive but the new area gave me another weapon. Is hack and slash I suppose.

Top Bottom