• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

I'm less of a impulsive buyer than I used to be, so my only purchases this time are:
Mars: War Logs
Assassin Creed: Rogue
Blue Dragon

Edit: I forgot Blue Dragon. I've it on disc but I wanted to have digitally as well.

vakarian32

Bought a few. I didn't own a 360 so I got some games I missed last gen.

Blue Dragon
Fable II
Fallout NV
Gears 1-3
Lost Odyssey
Oblivion
Orange Box
Skate 3

Fox Mulder

I'll probably do a final pass for a few things. Maybe give dead space 2 a shot after all these years.

Picked up all this for under $40. Nice.

Bomberman Battlefest
Capcom Arcade Cabinet
Cac : All-In-One Pack
Castlevania: Sotn
Earthworm Jim Hd
Ghostbusters
Left 4 Dead
Metal Slug XX
Metal Slug 3
Portal 2
Undead Nightmare Pack

I was thinking of getting:

Omega Five
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
Space Giraffe
R-Type Dimensions™
DEAD RISING 2: CASE WEST
DR2: CASE ZERO
KILLER IS DEAD
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Comic Jumper
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET

Are any of these bad/not worth getting?

I bought the following games:

Hydro Thunder - A lot of fun and has splitscreen!
Skate 3 - Only five bucks to replace my disc?
Left 4 Dead 1 & 2 for splitscreen fun

purg3

slept with Malkin
Today is the last day for this, correct? Does MS typically switch the sale prices off at Midnight for these type events?

Chris1

Today is the last day for this, correct? Does MS typically switch the sale prices off at Midnight for these type events?
Yep

They usually last for a few hours after midnight gmt. Not sure exact time, might be midnight est but I'm not 100%

Fox Mulder

Omega Five
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
Space Giraffe
R-Type Dimensions™
KILLER IS DEAD
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Comic Jumper
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET

You'll also need to buy the main dlc pack for Capcom arcade cabinet that unlocks all the games. Otherwise it's pretty worthless.

Midnight pacific time. Even then, the sale prices might stay up until they update the store at noon.

You'll also need to buy the main dlc pack for Capcom arcade cabinet that unlocks all the games. Otherwise it's pretty worthless.

Midnight pacific time. Even then, the sale prices might stay up until they update the store at noon.

Yeah, I just noticed that last night. Comes to like $8 all in IIRC. Like $2 for the base thing and then $6 to unlock all the games. Pretty stupid setup

Omega Five
NEOGEO BATTLE COLISEUM
Space Giraffe
R-Type Dimensions™
KILLER IS DEAD
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Comic Jumper
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET

Killer is Dead is 30 fps only on console and it can be modded to 60 on PC, if you care about this sort of thing. Case West is underwhelming if you expect anything like 1 / Case Zero / 2, since it is much closer to 3 and 4 with a dull environment to boot. Battle Coliseum is a Dotemu port is memory serves, so below average emulation and bad netcode in other words.

Killer is Dead is 30 fps only on console and it can be modded to 60 on PC, if you care about this sort of thing. Case West is underwhelming if you expect anything like 1 / Case Zero / 2, since it is much closer to 3 and 4 with a dull environment to boot. Battle Coliseum is a Dotemu port is memory serves, so below average emulation and bad netcode in other words.

Does Killer is dead usually drop to $5 on PC? It looked kind of interesting and only $5 is what was pulling me in but if it's that cheap on PC during sales I can just wait.

Might get Case West regardless since I don't think any of those were ever put on PC and it's only $2.50... Appreciate the input on that and battle coliseum though, I'll probably hold off on coliseum.

ev0

Does Killer is dead usually drop to $5 on PC? It looked kind of interesting and only $5 is what was pulling me in but if it's that cheap on PC during sales I can just wait.

Might get Case West regardless since I don't think any of those were ever put on PC and it's only $2.50... Appreciate the input on that and battle coliseum though, I'll probably hold off on coliseum.

Killer is Dead is $3 right now in the Humble Bundle store

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/killer-is-dead-nightmare-edition

Lichter

Wow, we still can't use our MS balance on 360 games when we buy from the web/Xbox One.

I'm not buying anything then, good job MS.

foltzie1

My Haul
Skullgirls
CAPCOM ARCADE CABINET
CAC : ALL-IN-ONE PACK
Ghostbusters
LEGO Star Wars: TCS
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
Orange Box
Portal: Still Alive
Portal 2
Castlevania: SOTN
Any suggestions on others to get? I'm interested in RDR, but at 50% another deal may come along before I have a chance to actually play it.

Here's My Haul:

Heavy Weapon
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Lumines
Bomberman Battlefest
Midway Arcade Origins
Arkanoid Live
De Blob 2
SSX
Trials HD
Skate 3
Civilization Revolution

Not bad as it will give me a lot to do over the summer.

My Haul

Any suggestions on others to get? I'm interested in RDR, but at 50% another deal may come along before I have a chance to actually play it.

You probably won't see RDR for much cheaper for a while, even during Rockstar sales it's usually only 30% marked down. It's worth owning the digital version of it just to have it available. You might not play it but it's such a great game and still holds up really well graphically.

Cels

i bought dead space 3 and bloodrayne betrayal

i had $10 from microsoft i think due to the fallout 4 store error, was going to expire in june so why not i guess

Micapo

I bought Red dead redemption and Undead Nightmare despite owning it previous on PS3 'cause I doubt we're getting a better price and the game is just so damn good

I got

Ghostbusters
Alan Wake American Nightmare

On the site linked in the OP it says "through May 22nd" for the sale length, does that mean it ends at midnight tonight? I can't remember if I found my copy of Blue Dragon or not and $5 is a steal so I wanna be able to check after work tonight if it's still going on.

I can't believe I am passing on this sale. Way too many games to play and too little time.

That's my issue, even though I've been slowly curating my library recently. I'm just asking myself 'why do I need to buy more games right now, even at pennies on the dollar'?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wow, we still can't use our MS balance on 360 games when we buy from the web/Xbox One.

I'm not buying anything then, good job MS.

This was also my problem - I have almost $100 in Xbox credit that I probably would have dropped on this sale, but since I couldn't use it I spent about $10 on a couple of games.

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity for Microsoft, especially considering how much they're pushing BC.

Quick, help me out bros!

Do I last minute purchase Monkey Island 1 and 2? Beyond Good and Evil HD? I've never played those games before. I don't normally love puzzle games and I hate hard puzzles. Are the Monkey Island games kinda like Broken Age? I enjoyed that game but some of the puzzles annoyed me.

Quick, help me out bros!

Do I last minute purchase Monkey Island 1 and 2? Beyond Good and Evil HD? I've never played those games before. I don't normally love puzzle games and I hate hard puzzles. Are the Monkey Island games kinda like Broken Age? I enjoyed that game but some of the puzzles annoyed me.

The second one is a lot better.

Beyond Good and Evil is also a fun game!

Quick, help me out bros!

iirc there are one or two puzzles that are annoying in the Monkey Island games but you can work most of them out without too much trial and error fuckery.

This was also my problem - I have almost $100 in Xbox credit that I probably would have dropped on this sale, but since I couldn't use it I spent about $10 on a couple of games.

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity for Microsoft, especially considering how much they're pushing BC.

Yeah I felt bad to miss it but if they can't get it working then I don't need to buy it anyways.

Quick, help me out bros!

Get all of them. Monkey Island games are great, similar but better than Broken Age (IMO), and some of the best games of the gender. They also have a good hint system in case you get stuck, so you shouldn't have any problems playing them.

Beyond Good and Evil is a cult classic as well. Can't go wrong with it (it also has one of the best female lead characters ever).

The second one is a lot better.

Beyond Good and Evil is also a fun game!

iirc there are one or two puzzles that are annoying in the Monkey Island games but you can work most of them out without too much trial and error fuckery.

Get all of them. Monkey Island games are great, similar but better than Broken Age (IMO), and some of the best games of the gender. They also have a good hint system in case you get stuck, so you shouldn't have any problems playing them.

Beyond Good and Evil is a cult classic as well. Can't go wrong with it (it also has one of the best female lead characters ever).

Thanks guys! I'll probably dive in! Only thing that makes me still hesitate is possibility that they'll all be included as part of Xbox Game Pass.

They are making interest on your 100 bucks and haven't had to give you anything for it. This is actually preferable for them.

My haul

Castlevania: Symphony of Night
Alice Madness Returns
Skate 3
Fable 2
Dead Space 2
Left 4 Dead
Left 4 Dead 2

I also consider getting

Bomberman Battlefest
Cars 2
GripShift
JoyRide Turbo
Mad Tracks
Monday Night Combat

I'm in mood for something arcadey but I'm not sure if those are good one.

Alice: Madness Returns
Fable 2
Ghostbusters
Castlevania: SOTN
Shadow Complex
Far Cry 3
Shadows of the Damned
Rayman 3
Dragon Age: Origins

I'm tempted to get AC: Rogue but I think I'll hold off. This is more than enough for now.

Justinh

Damn, some of you really went all out. I guess I would've if I had more disposable income this month too, though.

I only got:
Alice: Madness Returns (even though I have it physically)
Dragon Age: Origins
Torchlight (I've actually wanted to get this for a while, I just kept forgetting)
and the Undead Nightmare DLC for Red Dead Redemption.

On the Monkey Island games... I'm not sure if the first game's Special Edition has the commentary and for that reason if I had to choose on the spot I'd get the second game first. The commentary is great for a second playthrough, especially since Tim Scafer's such a funny, likable guy.
Ghostbusters is SO DAMN GOOD!

I'm shocked I didn't jump on this sooner, I assumed it was just another movie tie in garbage fest. I feel like I'm playing Ghostbusters 3.

Yeah, I remember really loving that game too. Damn, we need to get off our asses as a species and invent neuralyzers so that we can play games like we never played them before.

Best thing about Beyond Good and Evil on XBox One is that you can finally invert-y if you're a filthy inverter like me by using the "ease of access" settings in the OS (or XBox Accessories if you're using an Elite controller). In game settings invert both x and y at the same time and you can't separate them.

I'm shocked I didn't jump on this sooner, I assumed it was just another movie tie in garbage fest. I feel like I'm playing Ghostbusters 3.

I got Hydro Thunder and Stuntman as well, but Ghostbusters comes first.

breakfuss

I got Hydro Thunder and Stuntman as well, but Ghostbusters comes first.

Man, is it really? Don't exaggerate pls lol. I'm on the fence with that one but idk. From what I've seen it doesn't look all that special.

Top Bottom