• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

it may be some kind of workaround to avoid certain legal issues that might exist.

That is a distinct possibility. That would result in a partial list of games being purchasable on X1 and then a list that are only available through the old store (and therefore cannot be purchased with credit). I would say the current implementation is at least consistent, but there are apparently BC titles that can't be purchased on X1 at all. I ran into this with Torchlght. It said "not available" on the X1 but I was able to purchase it fine on the 360. It's a bit of a mess for sure. You can either chalk this up to being a complicated issue due to games and a system never being designed for BC in the first place, or to MS being lazy, and that interpretation is up to each person.

MS really needs to work on a proper cart system on their site. I have about 6 games I want to buy( in anticipation of getting a scorpio, and I can't just add them all to the cart and buy as one transaction? Come on, bruh....
I was thinking the same thing. I hope they do add a cart system someday. I don't like seeing all these Xbox purchases on my statement.

dickroach

welp. diving into Blue Dragon finally.
played Lost Odyssey for the first time. it was alright, but a little dissapointing. Blue Dragon seems way cooler.

ganaconda

Considering maybe Fable 2 or 3? I'm mainly looking for games not available on PC or where the 360 version is preferred. Any suggestions?

I highly recommend Fable 2 and 3. 2 is better than 3, but both are games worth playing. Hoping they bring the franchise back with a true single player sequel.

ganaconda

Sadly I own most of those titles ohysically :(. Come on MS need Tales of Vesperia, Enchanted Arms, and Infinite Undiscovery

Oh man, Enchanted Arms. Completely forgot about that game. I thoroughly enjoyed it despite the mediocre reviews. It definitely has its limitations, but good story and combat system. IIRC the final boss was a pain in the ass.

Chris1

I know I'm really late but I just noticed I was missing one game from the OP..

Assassin's Creed Rogue $9.89 (Drop 67%)

Sorry..... Still another 24+ hours it's on sale for though

Dominator

Alice Madness Returns
Army Of Two
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Bit.trip Presents... Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien
Braid
Call Of Juarez Gunslinger
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Eat Lead
Every Extend Extra Extreme
Flashback
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
Gripshift
Gta IV: The Lost And Damned
Hexic 2
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Joe Danger 2 The Movie
Joe Danger Special Edition
Jurassic Park The Game
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Pirates of the Carribbean
Lumines Live! Standard Edition
Mars: War Logs
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
Rage
Rayman 3
Red Dead Redemption
Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space
Sam & Max Save The World
Shadowrun
Shadows Of The Damned
Small Arms
Stacking
Stuntman: Ignition
The Orange Box
Timeshift
Tron: Evolution
Undead Nightmare Pack

I went ham on this sale.

^^^ Wow, that's quite a list of games! Out of curiosity, what does that all add up to? :0

For someone who doesn't like puzzles much (and hates hard ones), are the 2 Monkey Island games still worth it? I liked Broken Age, though at times was frustrated by the puzzle elements. Beyond that, I haven't really played old school type adventure games. Just the new Telltale stuff.

Does Beyond Good and Evil HD hold up at all? That's another one I've never played.

Dominator

^^^ Wow, that's quite a list of games! Out of curiosity, what does that all add up to? :0

For someone who doesn't like puzzles much (and hates hard ones), are the 2 Monkey Island games still worth it? I liked Broken Age, though at times was frustrated by the puzzle elements. Beyond that, I haven't really played old school type adventure games. Just the new Telltale stuff.

Does Beyond Good and Evil HD hold up at all? That's another one I've never played.
A little over $200. Worth it because it knocked away most of the games I had on my list to get as far as BC is concerned. Only need to get these now:

Bayonetta
Bloodforge
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Crazy Taxi
Halo: Reach
Jet Set Radio
N+
PAC-MAN CE DX+
Syberia
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Not too bad.

Xbudz

Damnit.

I just spent more money and ended up with Samurai Showdown II and the RDR Undead Nightmare pack.

End this sale, Microsoft! Don't let me spend more! lol

gamz

Alice Madness Returns
Army Of Two
Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Rogue
Bit.trip Presents… Runner2: Future Legend Of Rhythm Alien
Braid
Call Of Juarez Gunslinger
Dead Space 2
Dead Space 3
Eat Lead
Every Extend Extra Extreme
Flashback
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Ghostbusters
Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad Of Gay Tony
Gripshift
Gta IV: The Lost And Damned
Hexic 2
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Joe Danger 2 The Movie
Joe Danger Special Edition
Jurassic Park The Game
Left 4 Dead
Lego Batman
Lego Indiana Jones
Lego Pirates of the Carribbean
Lumines Live! Standard Edition
Mars: War Logs
NBA Jam: On Fire Edition
Rage
Rayman 3
Red Dead Redemption
Sam & Max Beyond Time And Space
Sam & Max Save The World
Shadowrun
Shadows Of The Damned
Small Arms
Stacking
Stuntman: Ignition
The Orange Box
Timeshift
Tron: Evolution
Undead Nightmare Pack

I went ham on this sale.

That's a fucking haul! Jesus!

gamz

A little over $200. Worth it because it knocked away most of the games I had on my list to get as far as BC is concerned. Only need to get these now:

Bayonetta
Bloodforge
Condemned: Criminal Origins
Crazy Taxi
Halo: Reach
Jet Set Radio
N+
PAC-MAN CE DX+
Syberia
Tekken 6
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown

Not too bad.

That's a ridiculous amount of games for 200 bucks. Damn!

statham

anyone recommend skydive? its only $1.74 but still....

I spent a good part of this afternoon on Torchlight, booted it to test it out. and shit is addicted as ever.(have it on PC)

ryan13ts

Any recommendations on which SNK fighting game I should get? My main choices are Garou and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum, so now I just need to choose. Do either of these still have an active online community?

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Got an e-mail saying my Microsoft point credit was expiring so I checked out the sale - decided on Blue Dragon, Bomberman and NBA Jam. Go to buy them and find out that you can't buy 360 games, even on XB1, with Microsoft Points.

...lol

Sioul

Bound By Flame is pretty bad right?

What do you think of these games:

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night
Escape Dead Island
Shadows Of The Damned
Stacking

Fercho

I ended up buying more stuff since my cards worked again. At this point I will end buying all the games not previously owned on this sale.

Left 4 dead 1
Left 4 dead 2
Midway arcade origins
Puzzle quest
Torchlight
Every extended extra extreme

Chris1

The sale ends in 18 hours but there's usually a few hour after that before the prices actually change. So You pretty much have all of tomorrow as long as you don't leave it till the last minute

Akoi

I picked up:

Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Assassin's Creed
The Orange Box
Portal 2
Alice: Madness Returns
Ghostbusters
Left 4 Dead 2
RAGE
Plants vs. Zombies
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Shadows of the Damned
Trials HD
Far Cry 3

breakfuss

So many people buying Ghostbusters but it looks bad to me in YouTube videos. Thought itwas a twin stick shooter but just looks like some generic TPS. And no local co-op? Weird.

So far I've picked up Geometry Wars 2. Freaking amazing. Not sure if I should pick up the first one as well.

Also got Ikaruga and that's been fun! Great recommendation GAF. Already had a lot of the must-haves on the list (GTA, RDR, Orange Box etc).

shmoglish

So many people buying Ghostbusters but it looks bad to me in YouTube videos. Thought itwas a twin stick shooter but just looks like some generic TPS. And no local co-op? Weird.

So far I've picked up Geometry Wars 2. Freaking amazing. Not sure if I should pick up the first one as well.

Also got Ikaruga and that's been fun! Great recommendation GAF. Already had a lot of the must-haves on the list (GTA, RDR, Orange Box etc).

There are two ghostbustergames and one of them (Sanctum of Slime) is a twin stick shooter

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=86aPzOZv8uk

My List

Blue Dragon
Catherine
Lost Odyssey
Star Wars Force Unleashed
Portal2
Orange Box
Shadows of the Damned

Mooreberg

Does anyone know why the readily apparently $10.00 credit on my Microsoft account that is good until June 20th never shows up as a purchase option? Already had stuff refunded after immediately being charged to my credit card, but nothing else is showing up other than adding another credit card.

-hadouken

Just want to encourage anyone who has ever enjoyed a fighting game - go and buy Garou Mark of the Wolves. It'll be the most rewarding $2.50 you'll ever spend.

shmoglish

Does anyone know why the readily apparently $10.00 credit on my Microsoft account that is good until June 20th never shows up as a purchase option? Already had stuff refunded after immediately being charged to my credit card, but nothing else is showing up other than adding another credit card.
When you try 360 games via Xbone? It does not work. You can only buy 360 games with xbl money via 360.

im_dany

Not to blame it on you, but you probably are the 1000th people that asked this.

Ever since they moved from MS Points to the rl money credits, we've not been able to use our credit amount to purchase 360 content unless from an actual (or emulated) 360 console. And on X1 it basically uses the same website storefront, so you can't use it there either.

For games you have to use a 360 console. For DLCs for a game you own, you can use an X1 but you need to start the emulated game and buy it from there, as it's basically as if you're using a 360.

Top Bottom