• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

Fox Mulder

Cheddahz

Banned
my haul from this sale (so far)

- alice: madness returns
- blue dragon
- dungeons & dragons: chronicles of mystara
- the elder scrolls iv: oblivion
- sam & max save the world
- sam & max beyond space and time
- shadows of the damned

still thinking about grabbing alan wake's american nightmare, braid, earthworm jam hd, and ssx

great sale nonetheless, everyone should be grabbing what they want right now, because a lot of these titles more than likely won't be on sale for a long time

jelly

Bit gutting Alan Wake missed this by a day. Was going to pick up a digital copy as well.

Is the Ghostbusters game good or just a weak nostalgia trip?

I'm planning to pick up Fable 2 & 3 since my discs are missing, and I'm looking to maybe get Gears of War 1-3. I played 1 back in the day and I cant really remember much, have the campaign aged well?
I played through them last summer (with gears 3 being my first time) and thought they were still good

Trying looking for free copies though. Tons of codes were given with Gears 4 and Gears UE, so there's a lot floating around

Fox Mulder

Bit gutting Alan Wake missed this by a day. Was going to pick up a digital copy as well.

You should still be able to find a cheap digital code for alan wake. It'll still work.

Right now planning to get the following (unless some can say otherwise (game stinks, etc)

Blue Dragon 5
Ghostbusters 3.75
Ghostbusters Slime 1.24
Lego Pirates 5
capcom Arcade Cabinet 1.24

Any other suggestions would be great as well...btw prices are in Canadian $.

shmoglish

My List of planned games so far was Blood Knights, Catherine, Ms Splosion Man, Gears 2, Blue Dragoon and Lost Odyseey. To bad Cath is still 19,99 and Gears 2 is not available in my region (I can see it in the store, do it is a little bit strange)

Great sale. So far i've only picked up:

Shadows of the Damned(loved this game back when it first came out. Will be great to play through it again)

Left 4 Dead 2

I'll be picking up these in a couple days:

Ghostbusters
The Orange Box
Portal 2
Alan's Wake American Nightmare

jond76

Banned

I recommend the Ghostbusters game. The mechanics are solid and the script was written by Ackroyd and Ramos. Its solid

Springy

Really wanted Hard Corps to go on sale. Bought a bunch of stuff I didn't really want to make myself feel better. Didn't work. Probably spent more than regular-priced Hard Corps costs.

SALES

kogasu

Question, is the Orange Box actually BC with Xbox One? It's on the list but it's not listed on the actual Xbox One store and the Microsoft store seems to only indicate its compatibility with the 360... Is this a mistake or something?

EBE

Question, is the Orange Box actually BC with Xbox One? It's on the list but it's not listed on the actual Xbox One store and the Microsoft store seems to only indicate its compatibility with the 360... Is this a mistake or something?

its bc for sure

My purchases so far:

Portal 2
The Orange Box
Ghostbusters
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Assassin's Creed

Probably making a few more purchases before the sale ends.

And dammit, make AC: Brotherhood and AC3 BC already...

Blindy

Need help with purchasing some of these games.

I have a credit card account setup but I want to use my current balance and use my 25 dollar gift card but it does not allow me to buy these games besides using my credit card.

I spoke with XBOX Live Support via chat and they told me it's because they are XBOX 360 titles and that I would need to use a XBOX 360 console in order to make these purchases with an account.

Am I really limited to only buying these games for my XB1 with a credit card? I tried on both my XB1 and on the store webpage and it does not give me any other option?

Everyone buy Dead Space 1&2
Don't buy 3 lol
So EA is forced to give us the sequel running on Frostbite that we all deserve 😭

Need help with purchasing some of these games.

I have a credit card account setup but I want to use my current balance and use my 25 dollar gift card but it does not allow me to buy these games besides using my credit card.

I spoke with XBOX Live Support via chat and they told me it's because they are XBOX 360 titles and that I would need to use a XBOX 360 console in order to make these purchases with an account.

Am I really limited to only buying these games for my XB1 with a credit card? I tried on both my XB1 and on the store webpage and it does not give me any other option?

Yup....unless you have an xbox 360 and buy them on the 360 (which you mentioned above).

Okay,

Bought Blue Dragon & the official ghostbusters video game.

Thinking about the south park game (even though I don't watch much of the show) and any other ideas.

Blindy

Yup....unless you have an xbox 360 and buy them on the 360 (which you mentioned above).
Damn that sucks, thought they could have maybe fixed that when introducing backwards compatibility.

Ah well, so I have about 40 bucks. Hopefully Cuphead or Battletoads launches around E3 time to make me a happy camper with this unused XBOX credit :(
(Ori & The Wil O Wisps too!)

Red Dead Redemption
Blue Dragon
Earthworm Jim HD
Shadows of the Damned
Alice Madness Returns

Seem like the gets for me.

Question:

I have Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey on disc, but I want the digital version now. Do I have to delete the files on my One first? Or can I just buy it digitally and then not have to redownload everything? Thanks!

Question:

I have Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey on disc, but I want the digital version now. Do I have to delete the files on my One first? Or can I just buy it digitally and then not have to redownload everything? Thanks!
Don't delete it, just buy it digitally and you can now load the games up without having to use the disc.

SirKhalid

I often buy games from the US or Brazilian store as they are cheaper generally than the UK store. There are a few ways to do this but I've found the smiplest:

1. Buy a gift card for that region from a website like offgamers.com
2. Either change region on the xbox or go to xbox.com and change the region at the bottom of the page and redeem gift card.
3. Purchase game with gift card value

NOTE: you will need to put an address even for a gift card, for places like the US, be wary of sales tax. I normally use an address in Oregon as they don't have sales tax on games apparently. If you can;t find an address just look for a university in that area and use theirs.

This all legit, MS are aware that this is done. They have however made the process increasingly difficult over the past couple of years.

I change region maybe twice a month, so I don't think there's any issue with how often you do it. Your MS account can have balances in multiple regions simultaneously.

On the Xbox website they said this.
http://support.xbox.com/en-CA/my-ac...untry-region#45b0b12591ce490cba352054638c1208

The money in your Microsoft account
The funds in your Microsoft account will not move with you. Be sure to spend the money in your Microsoft account before you change your account location. We can’t transfer money between regions.

If I change region will I lose the money in my wallets that I use for Xbox One? I have about 45$ CAD, 10$ HKD, a few cents in USD and a few cents in Russian dollars. Or does it means that I just won't be able to access it on 360?

I would like to buy Of Orcs and Men which was only release in Europe for Xbox 360. So I would need to do a real region transfer.

Thinking of picking up skate 3 and RDR. Have never played either, good idea?

yes

oh man what a sale! Just got myself

Dead space 2 & 3

Castlevania SOTN

KOF 98 & 2002, Garou MOW

Samurai Shodown 2

Shadows of the dammed

all for $33

and a free Phantom Dust to sweeten the deal lol

Bought Ghostbusters, shit for a few bucks I'm excited to mess around with it for a while!

Oh and got Bejeweled 3.

And Guwange.

And Shadows of the Damned.

This sale is nuts. I never really did play Red Dead when it came out, might have rented it at the time. Hmmmmmm.

arigato

Right now planning to get the following (unless some can say otherwise (game stinks, etc)

Blue Dragon 5
Ghostbusters 3.75
Ghostbusters Slime 1.24
Lego Pirates 5
capcom Arcade Cabinet 1.24

Any other suggestions would be great as well...btw prices are in Canadian $.
Fable 2 and Shadows of the Damned I highly recommend. Btw, anyone want to play some Dead Space 2 co-op w/ me? Send a message if so.

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
Bought Black Ops 2, Fable 2, Shadow of the Damned, and Torchlight.

Thinking of getting Fallout - New Vegas, Oblivion, and Dead Space 2. Hard to pass up 6 dollar games...

Goddamn this week. I'm never going to catch up on my backlog.

Prey earlier in the week.
Space Giraffe
Centipede & Millipede
Plants vs Zombies GW2
and then free Lego Star Wars
Lara Croft 2
Phantom Dust

And I'm eyeing Ikaruga.

BHK3

Banned
I don't own an xbox. I have $20 in my account.
267d846116.png

Apparently you can't buy xbox gift cards from the store using credit, and I cant buy Blue Dragon from xbox.com. How the fuck do I actually buy anything?

Was really hoping the Mass Effect 3 DLC would be a part of this. It's pretty fucking stupid that it's still more than $50 to get all of it.

Top Bottom