• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Back Compat Super Sale, starts May 16, up to 75%+ off, 275+ titles

Please please please don't do this to yourself. They're mechanically fine expansions but the story is ruined by the events in the DLC. Ignorance is truly bliss on this one.
As someone who kinda likes the action in Infinite (gasp, I know), I've been tempted to just get Clash in the Clouds dlc at some point. Thoughts on that dlc?

Folks here generally keen on Jetpac Refueled? I'm tempted to grab that, bizarrely I have nostalgia for the original through its inclusion in Donkey Kong 64.

Speaking of Rare, I'm so glad Banjo Tooie finally went on sale :D Haven't properly revisited it in years, cautiously keen to see how it holds up.
I bought Jetpac Refueled back in the day and really liked it.

shandy706

One of the games I bought doesn't have a "second player sign in" screen so I learned how to Sign in a second player on backwards compatibility last night, lol.

I was scratching my head for a bit. Most 360 games that have splitscreen just have the second player hit "A" or "Start" to join. This game would just tell you to sign a second player in first when you selected "Splitscreen".

Had no idea you could sign in a second player at any time by hitting "(select) View button" and "(start) Menu button" at the same time.

Marcel

Please please please don't do this to yourself. They're mechanically fine expansions but the story is ruined by the events in the DLC. Ignorance is truly bliss on this one.

Infinite's story is already bad. Putting two or three more tires in the tire fire doesn't mean much.

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
In for:
Ikaruga for $2.50
Portal Still alive for $4

Also, Portal 2 for $5 is insane. If you've never played it, please pick it up. I bought it at launch and replay it every year.

is there no way to use your xbox money balance on the online store? See the store seems to be broken on the 360 side, guess it won't ever be fixed
I had to boot up my 360 to use my credit, poor thing had just been in a box for years.

Got:
Monkey Island 1&2
Gears 2&3
Viva Piñata (the second one)
The Force Unleashed
Fable II

I think I may have got something else but it escapes me.

So far I got:

- Alice: Madness Returns
- Ghostbusters (the good one)
- Beyond Good and Evil HD
- Earthworm Jim HD
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- Shadows of the Damned

Very happy with this sale. I'll probably grab a few more before it ends.

I had to boot up my 360 to use my credit, poor thing had just been in a box for years.

Got:
Monkey Island 1&2
Gears 2&3
Viva Piñata (the second one)
The Force Unleashed
Fable II

I think I may have got something else but it escapes me.

Yeah, always sucks for me online with MS. Especially since I'm not in US now. Can't use my funds on 360 stuff and can't even add paypal to use it seems. Everything works on the online store for xone though. Pretty sure I can't make the paypal buys cause I don't have gold now anyways but regardless of that I can't use the wallet funds anyways.

Does anyone have a gold trial I can use? I think my paypal will likely go through on the games after that, hopefully (maybe not)

I want to take this oppotunity to pimp GripShift. It's a great puzzle/driving game hybrid that has you driving on crazy, roller coaster-like tracks in the sky. Each of the many levels has 3 goals you can attain like finding all the stars, the hidden GS logo, or finishing the race in a short amount of time. The time goals are really short so you are often tasked with finding an unexpected shortcut in order to make it. It's well worth what they are asking if you like that sort of thing.

This does feel a bit to me like one final, big BC sale before Xbox Game Pass releases. Makes it really hard for me to decide what to buy.

I considered that but I'm pretty confident I will never subscribe to Game Pass so that is irrelevant. I bought several games last night. Most of them were double-dips for games I own on other platforms (GripShift) or just don't want to use the disc for (Blue Dragon). It's possible or even likely some of these will be GwG eventually but they were so cheap and frankly I just wanted to send a message with my wallet that I appreciate BC and also big sales like this. I hope the numbers are huge.

jelly

Is Portal Still Alive extra content worth it over the Orange Box Portal. I like Half Life but don't think I can be bothered playing them all again. Mostly in for some couch Portal but if the Still Alive levels are rubbish then might as well get the Orange Box?

NaviLink

I took some time to go through the list one by one. Turns out I already own about a third, mostly thanks to games with gold, plus a few purchases I made when stuff was reduced. Also got some of those on Steam or as a Xbox 360 disc version. Here's my list for those curious.

Out of those I don't own, what are some I should absolutely buy in your opinion? Recommendations are very welcome.

Gonna quote myself, would really appreciate some recommendations to pick up. I highlighted a few in the list above.

Is Portal Still Alive extra content worth it over the Orange Box Portal. I like Half Life but don't think I can be bothered playing them all again. Mostly in for some couch Portal but if the Still Alive levels are rubbish then might as well get the Orange Box?

For an extra $1.25 you get 4 more games. Get Orange Box or go with Portal 2 for the couch co-op.

DJ_Lae

Noticed this a moment ago. How can this still be a thing? Good for us, that we still own a 360. As a bone only owner I would be pissed right now. Also, it is not possible to put more than one game in the basket???

Can you not? That's stupid

Yeah, I can't believe it's still a thing either, and I don't really understand what setup they've got that makes it work that way either. I guess there is a different payment screen when you select a 360 game on an Xbox One, but why they've not consolidated that by this point...no idea.

Bought the games I was interested in on my 360, which worked fine but was a needless extra step. The price I pay for getting an extra few bucks off my purchases via discounted cards, I guess.

Hotsuma

I'm not buying anything else! Ended up with Phantom Breaker, Garou: Mark of the Wolves, Blue Dragon, Every Extend Extra Extreme, Skullgirls and Space Giraffe. Downloaded Phantom Dust and picked up Injustice 2 today, so my backlog is even more ridiculous.

muzzymate

Picked up Double Dragon Neon and Skullgirls to go with my now completed 2 player arcade stick. May pick up Earthworm Jim HD but haven't decided yet.

Anyone up to doing analysis on what backward compatible games are not on sale and have not been Games with Gold titles before? May narrow down what is coming up as June's GwG titles.

JMY86

There are some great deals on a ton of great games here but after coming off of Persona 5 (my first Persona game) I am definitely going to check out Catherine. I may also pickup Chronicles of Mystara and Stick of Truth.

You can't buy shit you already own right? Will the system stop you? I'm not sure what all I own and I can't make it down to my basement to check.

You can't buy shit you already own right? Will the system stop you? I'm not sure what all I own and I can't make it down to my basement to check.
Yes. It will say "Already purchased " instead of the price if you've bought it digitally before. Turns out I had already gotten some I was thinking of buying!

pachuco

Some of these deals are so good I'm thinking of buying some of these games over again just so I have a digital copy. Blue Dragon was an awesome game IMO.

Zeta Oni

Ended up with:

Dead Space 2 & 3
Alice: Madness Returns
Fable II
Garou mark of the Wolves
Ghostbusters
Grips hit
Shank 2
Shadows of the Dammed
Shadowrun
Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard

Not a bad haul.

cantona222

My advice is not to buy any game that is part of Rare Replay. Rare Replay is being sold currently for less than $14 in amazon.

Top Bottom