• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 2016 Press Conference: June 13th at 9:30 AM PDT / 12:30 PM EDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGamer92

Banned
My final predictions for the MS conference (in no particular order of showing):
First party:
Gears 4
Scalebound
Forza Horizon 3
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Halo Wars 2
Dead Rising 4
Battletoads
Age of Empires
Phantom Dust
Mistwalker game reveal

Third party:
Battlefield 1
Dishonored 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
South Park Fractured But Whole

Indies:
Cuphead
Tacoma
Below
New games (cheating I know

Hardware talk (more on W10 integration, BC games announcement, XB1 Slim)

I don't think we'll hear about Scorpio at this E3 tbh.

Chris1

I still think they are gonna drop a Xbox Elite keyboard and mouse.

Makes sense, no?

What could they actually do to make it "elite" though? I guess the keyboard could be mechanical, but.. they already exist.

I think we'll just see a newer elite controller, maybe a white one.

Zedox

I still think they are gonna drop a Xbox Elite keyboard and mouse.

Makes sense, no?

I thought about that but there's so much competition already there. But I guess that they could do that as MS has been making mouse and keyboards for years.

My dream "Megaton" announcements for Microsoft:

- Xbox slim is revealed. It's a 1 TB system that launches in August for $299. All current systems are discounted by an additional $50, brining the 500GB OG console to $249
- Xbox Scorpio is announced, launches in Spring 2017, more details to follow but key info is:
- All Xbox One games/accessories are compatible
- All games will launch on both Xbox One and Scorpio (with the unspoken caveat that OG support will die after about 2 years)
- Oculus works with Scorpio, official bundles coming
- Xbox Live multiplayer is now free for everyone. Xbox Live subscription changes to "Games with Gold" subscription that gives you 6 free games each month.
- All current Xbox Live Gold members get to pick one free game from Microsoft's fall lineup ($59.99 or less)
- Playtonic is on stage to announce a partnership with Microsoft for Yooka-Laylee, Xbox One gets exclusive Banjo cameo/levels

(Please be true)

SpartanN92

Banned

- Xbox slim is revealed. It's a 1 TB system that launches in August for $299. All current systems are discounted by an additional $50, brining the 500GB OG console to $249
- Xbox Scorpio is announced, launches in Spring 2017, more details to follow but key info is:
- All games will launch on both Xbox One and Scorpio (with the unspoken caveat that OG support will die after about 2 years)
- Xbox Live multiplayer is now free for everyone. Xbox Live subscription changes to "Games with Gold" subscription that gives you 6 free games each month.
- All current Xbox Live Gold members get to pick one free game from Microsoft's fall lineup ($59.99 or less)
- Playtonic is on stage to announce a partnership with Microsoft for Yooka-Laylee, Xbox One gets exclusive Banjo cameo/levels

(Please be true)

Does paying $40-$60 per year for XBL GOLD really upset people so much that it goes on a dream list?

You get what you pay for after all.

(Please be true)

My megatons would actually be lots of new system exclusive games , though I've had a similar idea about making multi free and gold giving you free games (doubt it would be 6 though)

I am just hoping for a lot more games , however even then they will probably be years away :(

Doffen

Does paying $40-$60 per year for XBL GOLD really upset people so much that it goes on a dream list?

I don't mind paying for Xbox Live Gold, but it bothers me that MS will start releasing the same games cheaper on PC with no MP fee.

One that syncs directly to the console like the Halo 4 Tritton Warhead did.

I HATE being tethered to the controller when I have a headset on

Yes!

BKSmash

You guys, I think I hear someone knocking on the E3 door...

7x5jQi6.gif

Paying for Xbox Live Gold doesn't upset me at all. It's less about what I like/dislike and more about what I think would be a unique opportunity for them. If the company with the best online multiplayer (IMO) made that feature free it would be a pretty big reversal for them, that's all.

RoKKeR

Shinobi is apparently doing a pre-E3 podcast tour haha, nothing really new mentioned other than that there will be a "big surprise" at the end of the Xbox conference.. (mentions the same for Sony as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOo_4xiI1Q - Haven't watched the full thing but here's the link. (Xbox at 28 minutes)

Not sure what that could contain. I still think there will be a major-Halo spinoff title announced that will clearly be a launch title for the Scorpio, and that they'll use that as a "one more thing" type situation. Guess we'll see.

Bessy67

It just seems really shitty that they seem to be bringing the entire xbox experience to PC but PC gets it free and us console peasants have to pay. I'd honestly probably still keep live anyways for the Games with Gold and Deals with Gold, but they could definitely gain some goodwill by making multiplayer free for xbox console owners.

Yep. Not sure how the hell they are doing to side step this?
They could just leave the system as is and I doubt there would be much outrage. Console players are used to paying for online and I don't think there would be a vocal enough group to get them to change. If they do remove multiplayer from the gold paywall they could possibly make it up by bringing 360 emulation to PC as well as GwG and DwG.

First of all, increasing the number of subscribers is out of question lol. MP being free means pretty subs will drop significantly.

Second, your suggestions pretty much means lower profits for MS even assuming they keep same number of subscribers, because offering more services and adding new features = more costs.

Of course if the subs drop or stay the same they will lose profit. But if they increase they will have more.

Unless you think adding all that wouldn't increase their adoption, but I couldn't see why not.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Shinobi is apparently doing a pre-E3 podcast tour haha, nothing really new mentioned other than that there will be a "big surprise" at the end of the Xbox conference.. (mentions the same for Sony as well)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOo_4xiI1Q - Haven't watched the full thing but here's the link.

Not sure what that could contain. I still think there will be a major-Halo spinoff title announced that will clearly be a launch title for the Scorpio, and that they'll use that as a "one more thing" type situation. Guess we'll see.

come on, don't make watch the whole thing. Please post the time.

Fredrik

That conclusion only worked when there were no equal free alternative, with XBL and XB1 games appearing on PC too there will obviously be some complaining about the subscription fee, you'll now get the same experience or even better for free on PC, makes no sense to keep it that way.

blakep267

My final predictions for the MS conference (in no particular order of showing):
First party:
Gears 4
Scalebound
Forza Horizon 3
Recore
Sea of Thieves
Crackdown 3
Halo Wars 2
Dead Rising 4
Battletoads
Age of Empires
Phantom Dust
Mistwalker game reveal

Third party:
Battlefield 1
Dishonored 2
Mass Effect Andromeda
South Park Fractured But Whole

Indies:
Cuphead
Tacoma
Below
New games (cheating I know

Hardware talk (more on W10 integration, BC games announcement, XB1 Slim)

I don't think we'll hear about Scorpio at this E3 tbh.

This is close to what I have. But I think something like Lawbreakers will be a console exclusive to Xbox and PC. Or maybe that Hi Rez game Paladins.

Also I think they show all new games during indie segment and the ones you listed get talked about outside the conference

mike4001_

Its either rebranding or things are getting mighty crossbuy in here.
(holy shit, are they about to unleash flawless Xbone emulation for PC?)

Shouldn´t this be fairly easy ?

I mean on PC they have all the ressources they need.

Only in the ESRam I could see a problem, because they cannot really emulate Ram, this fast.

SpartanN92

Banned
I don't mind paying for Xbox Live Gold, but it bothers me that MS will start releasing the same games cheaper on PC with no MP fee.

I'm on mobile otherwise I'd copy every response.

All valid points. I hadn't considered the PC crowd getting the same perks for free.

Gold is just such a huge money maker for Xbox I can't see them letting go of it. It would be cool if they did but I feel like it would lead to negative repurcussions on the service/sales deals/ecosystem investment side of things if they made it free.

Honestly I would just charge the PC guys too lol

FordGTGuy

Banned
Here is what they said in the actual video:

MN: This is a big year for xbox gaming, every year seems to get bigger and bigger for Xbox gaming; what do you think?

PS: This..... I think this might be one of our most special years ever.

MN: Most special year ever.

PS: Yeah I think back to some of the most important years in xbox history, you and I were there for zero hour.

MN: Yes, out in the desert.

PS: in the desert.

MN: Here in California.

PS: I think about that and you know and I think there are certain moments in Xbox history that us as fans, if I can put myself into fans of Xbox, think of as important years for us and I think this will be one of those years.

I think what he actually said is even more hype then the paraphrase.

I don't think he is talking just about a game guys, he sounds like he is finally getting to put his vision for Xbox into action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOo_4xiI1Q - Haven't watched the full thing but here's the link. (Xbox at 28 minutes)

Listened, dunno was hoping to hear for more megaton announcements or something...known there already been some leaks but hoping it's not too predictable.

Will find out tomorrow.

What happens if Phil comes out and says "minecraft2 exclusively on Xbox and Windows 10"? Hypothetically of course.

I think they could, eventually. If there's any IP MS owns that they can use to help leverage their own platforms. It's Minecraft.

I would make a Minecraft 2 full fat version with all the bells and whistles. Make it exclusive to Xbox and Windows store. This alone could have potential to sell 25 million plus.

Then a Minecraft 2 : Lite. A cut down version for mobile / tablet etc. An introduction to the new much more expanded game and extra income source.

Alienfan

Predictions:
Xbox rebrand, Xbox One name being dropped in favour of just "Xbox"

Xbox Slim, XboxTV(streaming stick) and Xbox Elite (Scorpio)

The new xbox doesn't have restrictions in place for devs like the PS4K and will release early next year

Stream and play steam/PC games on your xbox

Backwards compatibility for Red Dead +other "big" 360 games announced

Cross buy on everthing and all future games that come to xbox MUST HAVE a PC version (expect an abundance of "Microsoft ruining/dumbing PC gaming" articles). There will be some solution in place for existing xbox games (maybe streaming?)

New controller has mic built in for cortana

Push as xbox as a service rather than just exclusively hardware

Multiplayer pay wall dropped

New games not already announced or leaked: Sunset overdrive 2
New Rare game

jelly

There will never be a Minecraft 2. The success of Minecraft is because it's ubiquitous. Content partnerships are the only thing they will do to differentiate and reach different audiences which are only skins and stuff.

Chris1

There will never be a Minecraft 2. The success of Minecraft is because it's ubiquitous. Content partnerships are the only thing they will do to differentiate and reach different audiences which are only skins and stuff.

There absolutely will be a Minecraft 2. With Mod support on consoles, servers always on azure so they're always "online", etc. But I don't think it's gonna happen for a long time since it's still selling like hotcakes.

But it's not going to be exclusive, and if it is, it's timed exclusive. If they're gonna use it to push Windows stuff then I think they should wait until next gen, release it only on Xbox/PC/Windows phone, a year later put it on other platforms at that point they should already have gained a huge lead and mindshare that it's only on xbox/pc/windows phone. There's literally no way it's going to be full exclusive though.

I'm on mobile otherwise I'd copy every response.

All valid points. I hadn't considered the PC crowd getting the same perks for free.

Gold is just such a huge money maker for Xbox I can't see them letting go of it. It would be cool if they did but I feel like it would lead to negative repurcussions on the service/sales deals/ecosystem investment side of things if they made it free.

Honestly I would just charge the PC guys too lol

They don't though, GwG is a perk not available on PC.

wapplew

Here is what they said in the actual video:

MN: This is a big year for xbox gaming, every year seems to get bigger and bigger for Xbox gaming; what do you think?

PS: This..... I think this might be on of our most special years ever.

MN: Most special year ever.

PS: Yeah I think back to some of the most important years in xbox history, you and I were there for zero hour.

MN: Yes, out in the desert.

PS: in the desert.

MN: Here in California.

PS: I think about that and you know and I think there are certain moments in Xbox history that us as fans, if I can put myself into fans of Xbox, think of as important years for us and I think this will be one of those years.

I think what he actually said is even more hype then the paraphrase.

I don't think he is talking just about a game guys, he sounds like he is finally getting to put his vision for Xbox into action.

Must be some game changing annoucement, something that change video game forever.

Chris1

They don't though, GwG is a perk not available on PC.

Phil already said he wants it to be though, and it definitely will be once their store takes off and has some actual games they can give away for free, which with the store merger this year, that could actually be this year.

There's gonna be a point soon where the only real difference between PC and Xbox XBL Gold is that Xbox Multiplayer is behind a paywall, which is complete bullshit. And I'd keep my subscription but there's absolutely no way in hell that's even remotely fair, and IMO why they're gonna have to do *something* but I don't think removing the paywall is that. People are going to be pissed once Halo and other games actually go over and with crossplay etc and I don't think it's wise for MS to piss of the group of people that has actually supported them through the bad times of the console. But that's just me.

I predicted single player games/PC focused games (AoE etc) would be the only games going to PC to avoid that situation, but it looks like everything will which is a disaster when they try to explain why one gets charged and the other doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom