• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamz

I'm not expecting much in the way of new first-party announcements. Anything beyond Halo and Forza would surprise me because all of their other studios seem pretty tied up. Phil Spencer is a bunch of hot air. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Well then you are gonna be surprised. I mean we know Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves are coming. Sorry if I ruined your surprise.

Tonky

Well then you are gonna be surprised. I mean we know Crackdown 3, State of Decay 2 and Sea of Thieves are coming. Sorry if I ruined your surprise.
I'm talking about new games. We've known about Crackdown 3 for 3 years, Sea of Thieves for 2 years, and State of Decay 2 since last year. None of those three are surprises at this point. Seems like you didn't read the first part of my post:

"I'm not expecting much in the way of new first-party announcements"

gamz

I'm talking about new games. We've known about Crackdown 3 for 3 years, Sea of Thieves for 2 years, and State of Decay 2 since last year. None of those three are surprises at this point. Seems like you didn't read the first part of my post:

"I'm not expecting much in the way of new first-party announcements"

Then you said anything beyond Forza and Halo would surprise you. So, your post was a tad confusing.

But, yeah, I agree I'm all in for surprises.

Tonky

Then you said anything beyond Forza and Halo would surprise you. So, your post was a tad confusing.

But, yeah, I agree I'm all in for surprises.
How is that confusing? I said I'm not expecting announcements for new games other than in the Forza and Halo franchises. Not sure how I can make that more clear.

leeh

Sure seems like a black and white situation when you're happy to suggest the games were cancelled cause they were shit.

And no shit did people slate Scalebound when they showed it early in development on numerous occasions, pissing off Kamiya each time. Same for Legends, they gave no clear direction on Fable Legends or the future of the IP - a game Lionhead staff has gone on record to state they were forced to make or they'd get shutdown. People didn't know what to make or it.

If Microsoft put in the effort in improving the way they conduct themselves working with developers on first party games as their fans did in defending them each time, the brand would be better off.
Sorry, I think I've just jumped in on this. They actually wanted to make Fable 4 didn't they and got shut down. Yeah, I'm with you.

wapplew

I'm not expecting much in the way of new first-party announcements. Anything beyond Halo and Forza would surprise me because all of their other studios seem pretty tied up. Phil Spencer is a bunch of hot air. Sorry, but it's the truth.

We already know Studio Gobo working with MS, that's one new first party beyond Halo and Forza.
Expect the usual 4 big game per year, 2 in house,Forza+Halo/Gears/Rare(rotation) and 2 from MS global publishing (this year would be Crack down and SoD2).
So we'll get at lease 2 new big first party announcement for 2018.

They said Halo 6 won't be at E3. So, I think they have something up their sleeve. I'm only expecting Forza 7 and Ori 2.

blakep267

They said Halo 6 won't be at E3. So, I think they have something up their sleeve. I'm only expecting Forza 7 and Ori 2.
It really depends. Like I could see Forza 7, Ori 2 and Ki season 4, and 1 new AAa game being announced. That's 4 things but really only 1 "new" thing

But also while we know of the existence of Crackdown and state of decay, we really ah net seen anything from the games. It's not like Sea of Thieves where we've seen gameplay and had people in alphas for months

Trup1aya

How is that confusing? I said I'm not expecting announcements for new games other than in the Forza and Halo franchises. Not sure how I can make that more clear.

I think it would be really surprising if they spent the entire conference on updates to games we already know about.

Tntnico

Xbox needs a cart racer by rare and to bring back something like 1 vs 100 to show why they are the best online experience. Cartoon halo and gears characters would be awesome.

I hope that Phil Spencer or someone at Xbox will read that :p Give this Man everything hé asks.

Sounds good. I really think Sea of Thieves has a chance to be the highlight of the conference, there is so much stuff they talked about that they haven't really shown yet. I'm optimist!

Yeah, it has the potential to be the best game of their conference. But they really do need to show way more things to do. Because from what I've seen so far, I don't know what someone will do who doesn't like just wandering around with friends.

blakep267

Wonder when we will get Halo TPS or Gears FPS. I think these two franchises could win a lot from these gernes.
A Gears FPS doesn't. Are too much sense. Maybe if it were a VR game. TPS halo has much more potential. You could go the direction of a division type loot shooter focusing on ODST etc or go the Ghost recon route and have a team of 4 spartans and be MP co-op

Side note; I think it's be cool if the next gears entry has crafting elements in it. Let me craft different guns and armors for my guy while I go through the story. Maybe have it also carry over to MP or horde. Or maybe I've just been playing too much injustice. I'd just like to add small armor details to gears people

quickwhips

The only way I see a Halo TPS with success is on an RPG game
Which would be great to take a break from main line Halo and make either a turn based halo or arpg. I see arpg more likely since you can build coop in and sell Xbox gold.

Imagine a gears of war game setup like until dawn with less shooting and more survival for some of the stranded.

blakep267

Which would be great to take a break from main line Halo and make either a turn based halo or arpg. I see arpg more likely since you can build coop in and sell Xbox gold.

Imagine a gears of war game setup like until dawn with less shooting and more survival for some of the stranded.
I mean, 343I likely wouldn't be the main developer. This would probably be a joint project like halo wars 2 was

Yeah I agree it has the potential to be something awesome while we are on topic Ensemble Studios we're developing this idea:

MMO.jpg

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/canceled-ensemble-project-halo-mmog/1100-6234367/

The thing is, we all want new IP to be announced but what if their one brand new IP is solely meant for mixed reality? Can't speak for others but man that would be rather messed up, I just don't believe in these VR or mixed reality games. Don't want to spend even more to just be able to play that game. Rather have something for the controller, something that has both SP and MP. And please none of that F2P stuff either, sadly it's definitely a possibility.

What I especially would like if MS announced some Japanese games for Xbox. E3 is a good time as any.

Trup1aya

The thing is, we all want new IP to be announced but what if their one brand new IP is solely meant for mixed reality? Can't speak for others but man that would be rather messed up, I just don't believe in these VR or mixed reality games. Don't want to spend even more to just be able to play that game. Rather have something for the controller, something that has both SP and MP. And please none of that F2P stuff either, sadly it's definitely a possibility.

What I especially would like if MS announced some Japanese games for Xbox. E3 is a good time as any.

MS has been playing the slow game with regards to MR. I'd be really surprised if they had a single new IP and it was reliant on that tech.

MS has been playing the slow game with regards to MR. I'd be really surprised if they had a single new IP and it was reliant on that tech.

Well I believe there was a job listing that stated they were looking for people on a MR for Microsoft if I'm not mistaken. I reckon they will want to show their plans for MR at their show though. But you're right, a game only for MR for them is a bit early.

Ushay

Ugh I hope they keep the VF and Mr to an absolute minimum.

In an ideal world MS keep any MR chat for the PC show, fuck it - put Minecraft in their as well, lol.

Yeah exactly, leave the goddamn PC stuff for the PC show. But then again, they already confirmed the MR headset will be for Xbox as well, right? So yeah, makes sense to show stuff there. Hopefully not too much and not too long and the same for Minecraft. Man that shit is always so boring.

Ugh I hope they keep the VF and Mr to an absolute minimum.

Yeah me too. So far all these VR demos have been cringeworthy and just not interesting at all. Keep that shit brief.

Trup1aya

I just don't think MR, VR games demo really well. They should maybe have a demo sizzle reel, and have demos on the show floor so that journalists can give impressions. Why waste precious demo time on an experience the audience can't properly perceive?

Well I believe there was a job listing that stated they were looking for people on a MR for Microsoft if I'm not mistaken. I reckon they will want to show their plans for MR at their show though. But you're right, a game only for MR for them is a bit early.

Yeah, no doubt they are working on stuff. They may even have MR stuff to show. But if they only have one New IP to show, it wouldnt be an MR on.

peppers

I see you guys not trusting MR and I wonder, would you say no to a Watch Dogs themed Pokemon GO style game? Hear me out:

Imagine you're in a train or a bus, and your phone lights up with a notification. A potential hacker like yourself is in the area, and you can now engage in a competitive minigame like the hacking in Deus Ex HR and MD but obviously better (and there should be a variety of these minigames). You win, and so you earn XP and scale up in a Most Wanted leaderboard in which only people from 50km around appear. Being up in the leaderboard makes you more likely to be attacked, and visible to others, etc etc.
There would be mechanics for defending your mobile phone from other hackers, like setting up traps and whatnot. This core PvP gameplay would then be fleshed out with more events and missions etc.

I believe the problem with Mixed Reality is not related to the tech but to the design of the games themselves, as Pokemon GO proved.

gamz

I just don't think MR, VR games demo really well. They should maybe have a demo sizzle reel, and have demos on the show floor so that journalists can give impressions. Why waste precious demo time on an experience the audience can't properly perceive?

Yeah, no doubt they are working on stuff. They may even have MR stuff to show. But if they only have one New IP to show, it wouldnt be an MR on.

That's a understatement. It never shows well and comes off as silly as hell.

Electret

Side note; I think it's be cool if the next gears entry has crafting elements in it. Let me craft different guns and armors for my guy while I go through the story. Maybe have it also carry over to MP or horde. Or maybe I've just been playing too much injustice. I'd just like to add small armor details to gears people

I'd be down for that. Though it would be challenging to implement, I've proposed making all 3/4 characters playable, each with different movesets and abilities. Regardless, I think Gears needs a serious change up in gameplay and mechanics.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
We already know Studio Gobo working with MS, that's one new first party beyond Halo and Forza.
Expect the usual 4 big game per year, 2 in house,Forza+Halo/Gears/Rare(rotation) and 2 from MS global publishing (this year would be Crack down and SoD2).
So we'll get at lease 2 new big first party announcement for 2018.

I think a studio named V1 Interactive may be working on something with/for them to. I've been trying to pry something out of them on Twitter, but to no avail as yet.

MEGA BLOKS Halo please. Revive that one, Phil! Maybe make a Halo or Gears XCOM type of game.

A new AoE would be great as well. Wasn't there rumors of new one a couple years ago?

Oh yeah I forgot about that I'm so sad they cancelled that project it could have been a great addition to Halo

and about that yeah I remember that actually you and me discussed that topic at some point as well, the last thing that I know is that Decisive Games a Microsoft team are working on a "Beloved Strategy Game"

Welfare

and about that yeah I remember that actually you and me discussed that topic at some point as well, the last thing that I know is that Decisive Games a Microsoft team are working on a "Beloved Strategy Game"

Yup, that was it. That news was back in 2015, so the game should have been in dev since 2014. We could see an announcement this year for a 2018 game.

Welfare

Pretty sure Decisive Games have been shut down or disbanded.

There has been no news about them since the job listing back in 2015. Even when discussing consolidations of teams last year Decisive Games was never mentioned as shutting down or anything like that. They have been silent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom