• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamz

He also said:

Gonna say mid-Oct to mid-Nov launch window.

This is gonna be one long wait. Fuck!

By the way what does "launch games require cert" mean?

Certification for the games?

blakep267

Been called it. Mid ocltober release with Crackdown and State of decay. It misses Destiny but still is in time for COD and a Battlefront

Nothing wrong at all from wanting to MS to knock it out of the park. I have more faith in the current Xbox team then you, but we'll see in two weeks! I mean you can see Phil's vision all over Xbox now and it's a great one. Just gotta knock it out with 1st parties.

I had that optimism for years. I just got tired of being disappointed all the time, felt like Microsoft just wasn't putting in the effort any more so I jumped over to PC and PS4. Tell you what though, I would, genuinely, love to be completely and totally wrong about this.

Playground has to make money and Forza 3 is their best selling of the franchise. They aren't going to leave their money maker. That would be suicide unless they hit on something big outside of FH.

Let's hope so.

Playground is opening another studio, that's all we know for sure.

I'll have to get back at you with a source but I'm certain they're working on a multiplat IP.

I just don't understand why Microsoft continues to work with super talented studios without ever capitalising on that experience and relationship and leverage to bring them into the fold and keep them there, thereby gaining the confidence from the hardcore that there will always be something interesting around the corner on Xbox.

Mistwalker (if Lost Odyssey had been allowed to grow as a franchise, Microsoft could had its own FF franchise), Bioware (Mass Effect/Jade Empire coulda been a first party IP) Bungie (need I say more?), Remedy (under better supervision and management coulda been churning out great action games), Insomniac (Sunset Overdrive probably won't get a sequel), and now Playground Games.

It's frustrating being an Xbox fan.

I had that optimism for years. I just got tired of being disappointed all the time, felt like Microsoft just wasn't putting in the effort any more so I jumped over to PC and PS4. Tell you what though, I would, genuinely, love to be completely and totally wrong about this.

Let's hope so.

I'll have to get back at you with a source but I'm certain they're working on a multiplat IP.

I just don't understand why Microsoft continues to work with super talented studios without ever capitalising on that experience and relationship and leverage to bring them into the fold and keep them there, thereby gaining the confidence from the hardcore that there will always be something interesting around the corner on Xbox.

Mistwalker (if Lost Odyssey had been allowed to grow as a franchise, Microsoft could had its own FF franchise), Bioware (Mass Effect/Jade Empire coulda been a first party IP) Bungie (need I say more?), Remedy (under better supervision and management coulda been churning out great action games), Insomniac (Sunset Overdrive probably won't get a sequel), and now Playground Games.

It's frustrating being an Xbox fan.

felt like you for quite a while, there is still interest there, having been a passionate fan myself, so it doesn't just disappear over night but it's no where near the level it was. I don't even know if I will watch their show live this year. Grew increasingly bored of being frustrated with them, the self appointed spokesmen who claim to be big fans but barely play the thing trying to tell everyone what they should think got increasingly irritating too. I only check the news and threads in the hope something rekindles the enthusiasm I once had.

nillapuddin

Missing Destiny 2 launch is a mistake Imo (obviously I made a thread about it) but I really hate that launch window, seems out of touch big time.

Here's destiny, forza, madden, mvc, FIFA, shadow of war buy them now!!*

* but they will look and run 4 times better in 2 months.

Isurus

Missing Destiny 2 launch is a mistake Imo (obviously I made a thread about it) but I really hate that launch window, seems out of touch big time.

Completely agree. Missing Scorpio at the launches of the major games this fall is a huge miss. They already gave up on the marketing deals. Now they also give up having the best console to play them on at launch. Just a crazy miscalculation in my opinion. Stupid is the word that comes to mind. Stupid. Their first party shit better be fucking amazing if they want any momentum. The new console alone won't do it.

blakep267

Completely agree. Missing Scorpio at the launches of the major games this fall is a huge miss. They already gave up on the marketing deals. Now they also give up having the best console to play them on at launch. Just a crazy miscalculation in my opinion. Stupid is the word that comes to mind. Stupid. Their first party shit better be fucking amazing if they want any momentum. The new console alone won't do it.
How Ian it stupid when they never said it was going to launch early. It was
Always going to be the holiday season of 2017. You can't rush something out. And it's not like destiny is going to stop selling on october

The only big titel they miss is Destiny
Red Dead Redemption is delayed to 2018
CoD and Star Wars will be November
AC could likely release in time with the console in October

it's bad they can't take advantage of the Destiny 2 launch, but it's not like they miss every game.

To be fair October-November is a time when some of these big franchises launch . Call of Duty, Battlefront and Assassins Creed. Destiny 2 and FIFA 18 are the two I can think of that they will miss launch on.

Decisions to get a console ready for launch have to be made long before launch (software, hardware, production). I was quietly hoping for a September launch as well, and in a perfect world I agree it makes a lot of sense, but when they announced "Holiday 2017" last year, it realistically is probably pretty much locked into that.

Isurus

How Ian it stupid when they never said it was going to launch early. It was
Always going to be the holiday season of 2017. You can't rush something out. And it's not like destiny is going to stop selling on october

I'm saying it is foolish that they didn't plan to launch it in late summer like the S all along. It would have provided more awareness and momentum heading into the big game releases, which they need as they have terrible 3rd party marketing deals relative to Sony. Now it is basically going to launch at the same time or later than most by games, depending on title. I still maintain that is a mistake. We shall see.

blakep267

I'm saying it is foolish that they didn't plan to launch it in late summer like the S all along. It would have provided more awareness and momentum heading into the big game releases, which they need as they have terrible 3rd party marketing deals relative to Sony. Now it is basically going to launch at the same time or later than most by games, depending on title. I still maintain that is a mistake. We shall see.
Well they are likely going to have mordor and madden bundles in August. Sony will have a destiny bundle in September. Then they'll probably have a Asscreed or crackdown bundle in October. Then it's not as if every Sony marketing deal hits at the same time. Especially since re dead was delayed

I for one am glad that it's October/November to be honest. Gives me a better chance to save up more money!

I'm sorry for those who wanted an earlier launch date though.

Zukkoyaki

Prediction: Ken Levine's new game gets announced at Microsoft's show. Possibly an Xbox/PC exclusive. They launched their website and new name a little while ago so the wheels are churning.

The only big titel they miss is Destiny
Red Dead Redemption is delayed to 2018
CoD and Star Wars will be November
AC could likely release in time with the console in October

it's bad they can't take advantage of the Destiny 2 launch, but it's not like they miss every game.

Yeah, I have to agree the "concern" by some is a little overblown. A holiday release could still have bundles of games released within the previous month or two. Rushing a console release has its own downsides. "Holiday Madness" is a real thing. And GaaS games like Destiny have a long tail.

To those saying it's a mistake not releasing earlier...I'd rather have them release it with software and hardware set. Nothing will be worse releasing a new console that has some sort of issue. The backlash will be devastating.

It'll be fine.

One thing that I would LOVE to see is Age of Empires IV

I'd love it, but I doubt it'd survive the transition. RTS of that flavor are basically dead, and there'd be enormous pressure to make it into an e-sport which would basically gut most of the traditional mechanics (4 resources, involved basebuilding, few active abilities, etc.)

MEGA BLOKS Halo please. Revive that one, Phil! Maybe make a Halo or Gears XCOM type of game.

I'd loooooove a Gears TBS. Always felt like a great fit for the series.

Wouldn't say no to a Halo one either, of course. Damn shame nobody's really hammered out a total conversion for either of them in XCOM 2 (though you can get a ton of the armor).

Trup1aya

It would've been cool to release it before Destiny, but I don't think it'll be a deal breaker.

i'm just curious as to which games will actually take advantage of the hardware when it launches.

Zeta Oni

Aww I was one of those hoping for a surprise August release. Don't mind either way really, I just really want that sweet 16x AF on my 360 BC games.

statham

MS has some options, they will probably have the lowest price point this fall and best looking games. it could go like this.
*3rd party games play best on the Xbox One Scorpio*
*play the best 3rd party games for only $149*

IMO thats better then having two mid tiers.

MS has some options, they will probably have the lowest price point this fall and best looking games. it could go like this.
*3rd party games play best on the Xbox One Scorpio*
*play the best 3rd party games for only $149*

IMO thats better then having two mid tiers.

$149?? That seems pretty unlikely?

I think the base PS4 will be very close to base Xbox in price...to the point of not being a factor.

The extra power in Scorpio will be nice, but I still don't think it will make a ton of difference in terms of how games perform and look for most people. So it can't be much more expensive than PS4 Pro even though it's more powerful.

What Xbox needs is some exciting exclusives that WOW people. Even if some of that is just showing off already announced games with some killer demos. They need some amazing games...not just good or great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom