• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is sending Xbox merch to employees they just laid off

Oppoi

Even Oprah would have to step outside for a breather, this is just too much heart! Why oh why didn't they televise this!

nani17

are in a big trouble
lucious lyon wtf GIF

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
It is funny (or more tragicomical) that even games about corporate stupidity like Outer Worlds or Cyberpunk never came up with ghoulish scenarios like this. Because even in parody writers do have empathy.

Unlike corporate husks like Bond or Spencer.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
At least send some Fable merch with that to hype the upcoming game up. Fking hell man, Microsoft execs have no clue.

It more than likely was sent before the layoff or by a department that wasn't behind the layoff or at least unaware layoffs were about to happen.

This is the same company whose xbox brazil office fired a female host after she was the victim of a sexual harassment campaign and threats from the fanbase.
Xbox sent her a xbox series x as compensation.

Phil, Sarah and Matt can take their merchandise and shove it up their ass. What gall these people have…..it’s like rubbing salt in a fresh wound. Total assholes!

Kerotan

I wouldn't even wipe my arse with it.

It's like Putin sending the families of his dead soldiers a bag of potatoes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How do I get them to send me a swag bag ?
Just work for them until you inevitably get fired. Should only take a few months.

Rayderism

There's always the slim possibility that MS didn't really want to lay them off, but had no choice under the circumstances that led to it, and maybe they truly feel bad that it had to be done.

Yeah, let's think that.

Buggy Loop

This thread’s package gift + feel the burn controller confirms that Microsoft has psychopaths in management of the Xbox division

Like of course, you don’t become a $3T company by the goodness of your heart and empathy, but it’s so obvious this week

Sick peoples

Sarah Bond, Matt Booty, Phil Spencer : psychopaths, all of them

reinking

Gold Member
Okay. I am not going to shit on MS for this one. Most likely, those gifts were probably labeled and shipped by a department that had no idea these people were about to be laid off. I mean, is it a kick to the nuts? Yes. Was it an accidental kick? I believe so.

Top Bottom