• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live and the Dirty Gamer Tag...

suaveric

With Halo 2 right around the corner I figured I'd set up my Live account. In online PC games I go as MrBitch. I figured that wouldn't fly with Live, but I tried it out anyway. I read through the user agreement and I didn't see anything about dirty words in gamer tags. I assumed that they put Gamertags through filters to make sure they were acceptable and MrBitch seemed to have come out just fine, they let me go online with it.

I get online and I seem a section called Terms of Service or some such thing. I read that, and now I see that they don't want dirty words in gamertags. Why would they let me go through the whole sign up process, even let me sign on to Live and potentially run around in games with a gamertag that might be against the rules? Why do they give me those rules AFTER I make a gamer tag?

There doesn't seem to be a way to change my gamer tag, so now I wait for them to either ban me or force me to change it. How annoying. How hard can it be to put in a simple filter? Is there a way to change it that I'm missing?

hgplayer1

I really think theres a chance youll be ok with it unless a lot of people complain about it. you can send feedback on a player in all games and I think offensive gamertag is one of the options.

suaveric

I figured I'd cut them off at the pass and change my gmertag. Aparently, it's not a pressing issue because they took my information down and said they'd get back to me in a day or two.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ramirez said:
Why not just use a GT that didn't have a cuss word to begin with?

Cause Gamertags with cuss words rule.....stupid biznatch :p

suaveric

Heh, I was going to use a gamertag without a bad word, but I thought what the hell, why not try my normal handle. What was the worst that could happen? I assumed they'd just say you can't use that name.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
aboutleft.gif

here comes the XGuards!

Top Bottom