• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the pinball arcade has at least decent presentation. The presentation is abysmal on iOS. The physics are good and the gameplay is good, but on the iOS version the menus look like they were ripped out of a geocities page from the 90's.

I'm sure the menus will look ugly as hell. They were horrible in Pinball Hall of Fame: Williams Collection too. That doesn't matter to me though because Farsight really nails the feel and game play of the tables.
I can deal with badly animated flames, oddly placed text and bad fonts if it means playing some sweet pinball! :)

aku:jiki

Yikes, this South Park XBLA is pretty disappointing. I love platformers, and I love South Park, but eh. Maybe I need to give it more time. I only played an hour or so.
The game isn't even a platformer though... It's just an absolutely massive, never-ending collectathon grind. Thousands of collectables spread across gigantic 20-minute levels. Collectables that require you to grind each level at least 4 times, probably more like 10.

It's terrifying to me. Just looking at the stats screen and the absurd 1000+, literally, collectables in the first stage alone just makes me slowly back away from the TV in terror. I hear the game has something like 20 levels...so that's at least 20,000 collectables, probably more as they ramp it up for later stages. My mind boggles in horror.

Santiako

The game isn't even a platformer though... It's just an absolutely massive, never-ending collectathon grind. Thousands of collectables spread across gigantic 20-minute levels. Collectables that require you to grind each level at least 4 times, probably more like 10.

It's terrifying to me. Just looking at the stats screen and the absurd 1000+, literally, collectables in the first stage alone just makes me slowly back away from the TV in terror. I hear the game has something like 20 levels...so that's at least 20,000 collectables, probably more as they ramp it up for later stages. My mind boggles in horror.

Seriously, the demo is extremely boring.

xbhaskarx

Yikes, this South Park XBLA is pretty disappointing. I love platformers, and I love South Park, but eh. Maybe I need to give it more time. I only played an hour or so.

Why would you expect it to be anything other than shit? I deleted their stupid tower defense game after about two minutes, I didn't even bother to download the trial this time.

Why would you expect it to be anything other than shit? I deleted their stupid tower defense game after about two minutes, I didn't even bother to download the trial this time.

Because I thought their stupid tower defense game was great.

This, completely. There is just so much frustration and...stupid...stuff to every place. This is the worst level design I've seen in ages.

Charlie Murder trailer

Skullgirls coming April 11:

So...

We have passed Microsoft certification, like... literally within the last 30 minutes. On a Saturday!? Yes, on a Saturday.

The game will be released on XBLA worldwide on April 11th, for 1200 MS points.

Unfortunately, we still cannot be 100% certain on PSN release date, because, well... it's Saturday. Sony has separate submissions for different regions, which makes it more difficult to nail down, too.

North American PSN release will very probably be April 10th, but we are still awaiting final confirmation. And as you might expect, the PSN version will be $14.99.

I want to apologize for having to leave you in the dark on this for so long. It has been agonizing, and MS's "leak" on Xbox.com didn't help at all. We would have denied it sooner, but the reality is that Microsoft was still trying to slot us on April 4th as late as yesterday morning.

joe2187

Banned

That game was awesome, No idea what you are talking about. All of my friends played it together and 100% it on the hardest difficulties, the levels, the unlockable chraracters and the enemies and plot were fucken great.

You missed out man.

And SKULLGIRLS!!!! *launch party errryday*

Gowans

Like Fez, Skullgirls is another I was sure would be Summer of XBLA.

From. Now to Minecraft I'm gona be spending about 6000mspoints and then have to find the time to play it all ;)

Kafel

Banned
So with GS points increase and update ease, the XBLA now has decided to give a clearer view on release dates ?

I'm ok with this.

PopfulMail

The next month of XBLA releases is pretty much blowing my mind. At this point I think I could do without any retail releases for the rest of Summer and be completely satisfied with XBLA titles. Ended up taking a half day at work on the 13th just so I could spend some time with Fez.

robot

The next month of XBLA releases is pretty much blowing my mind. At this point I think I could do without any retail releases for the rest of Summer and be completely satisfied with XBLA titles. Ended up taking a half day at work on the 13th just so I could spend some time with Fez.

what's on the schedule? besides skull girls and fez, I haven't been following.

Rlan

Like Fez, Skullgirls is another I was sure would be Summer of XBLA.

From. Now to Minecraft I'm gona be spending about 6000mspoints and then have to find the time to play it all ;)

Usually a bunch of the SOA games are not announced before being revealed -- Toy Soliders: Cold War, Fruit Ninja Kinect, hell even Trials HD wasn't announced :)

MadmanUK

What else have we got to look forward to then this year for XBLA/Summer of Arcade?
All the big stuff i can think of is out within the next month or so.

TheOddOne

Usually a bunch of the SOA games are not announced before being revealed -- Toy Soliders: Cold War, Fruit Ninja Kinect, hell even Trials HD wasn't announced :)
shut-up-and-take-my-money-gif.gif

Leflus

What else have we got to look forward to then this year for XBLA/Summer of Arcade?
All the big stuff i can think of is out within the next month or so.
From the top of my head:

Joe Danger: The Movie
Quantum Conundrum
Crimson Dragon
Hell Yeah: Wrath of the dead rabbit
Deadlight
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
Super T.I.M.E force
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Spelunky
Battleblock Theatre

The lineup is pretty great imo, and there will probably be new announcements as we get closer to the summer(of arcade).

Kafel

Banned
The wrestling XBLA game from the MS japanese games is the only one still missing. We'll probably hear about it soon.

There's also this Samourai tactics game.

aku:jiki

Wooohoo, just completed Sine Mora! Pretty pleased with that one as at first I thought I'd never pull it off, but the game actually becomes pretty lenient and easy once you get into it. I mean, you can get away with getting hit something like 50 times throughout a 1CC, so that's wildly different from a typical Cave game's maximum of 5 lives. Still pretty satisfying!

South Park still blows though. Regretting that purchase pretty hard.

hope there is a demo, don't know if I'll like a pinball game.
It's mandatory for XBLA games to have a demo.

The wrestling XBLA game from the MS japanese games is the only one still missing. We'll probably hear about it soon.

There's also this Samourai tactics game.

The fact they haven't mentioned that game (Fire Pro Wrestling) in a very long time doesn't bode well, it also won't be at PAX. Honestly I think it has been canned at this point.

Then again it looks like Joyride might be back, so never say never.

Gowans

Yeah your right, hopefully some great surprises they'll need to be to keep up. Looks like fab first half for XBLA the next month is full of huge XBLA games.

I'm struggling whats been announced that looks awesome.

Macca

Do we have any idea at all how multiplayer will work for Minecraft? On the PC you can have a server running 24/7 that people can drop in and out of, but I can't see that happening on 360.

Is it going to be worlds locked to each player, who can then host a multiplayer game? And what happens with items and such? I haven't been able to find any videos or such with regards to this.

mujun

Definitely my most anticipated XBLA title. The Dishwasher 1 & 2 are two of my top three downloadable titles this gen. Fucking awesome.

Yeah, I love beatem ups. Most of them pan out to be boring or lacking depth but it's a genre that I am pretty much perpetually hopefully will spawn another amazing game (last one was Castle Crashers).

Do we know the Deals for this week yet?

The pattern goes like this: every other Tuesday, we have to wait until the deals are live before we know what they are. Major Nelson will then do a blog post a few hours later of stuff that's coming soon to the marketplace, so then we'll know the next Tuesday's deals in advance. Then the Tuesday after that, we have to wait for them to go live again. To the end of time. This is one of the first kinds of Tuesdays.

So, in short, no =P

Might be some permanent price drops tomorrow too, that's been a first-Tuesday-of-the-month kind of thing for the last three or four months.

TxdoHawk

The fact they haven't mentioned that game (Fire Pro Wrestling) in a very long time doesn't bode well, it also won't be at PAX. Honestly I think it has been canned at this point.

Then again it looks like Joyride might be back, so never say never.

I will never say never! Fire Pro XBLA is real to me damnit. ;_;

First preview of Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/02/penny-arcade-adventures-episode-3-revealed

Can't wait.

It's coming to Indie Games, rather than Arcade.

Finally! Love the new 16-bit RPG look. I only ever played the first episode, and it was a fun little romp, but nothing special. Anybody know if Episode 2 is worth playing? I think I have it sitting in my Steam library...

If you liked episode one, there's absolutely no reason why you wouldn't like the second. It's a fun way to spend a few hours, though it's still not earth-shattering.

Rlan

Gonna ask for help once again -- Anyone here purchase Rayman 3 HD or Shoot Many Robots on XBLA? I need help with getting Leaderboard stats, as I don't want to press down 10,000 times or something.

The new permanent reductions are pretty crap. They went through a few months of reducing seven or eight old XBLA games permanently, now they've ditched that in favour of taking $10 off of some Games on Demand that were $20 too expensive to begin with. Great.

And it surprises me that SMR sold that many copies. The reviews seemed alright but the trial wasn't really much fun.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
Gonna ask for help once again -- Anyone here purchase Rayman 3 HD or Shoot Many Robots on XBLA? I need help with getting Leaderboard stats, as I don't want to press down 10,000 times or something.
Hmm, I checked the leaderboards and sent you a message but it seems to have disappeared? I can check them again when I get home...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Deal of the Week is like a kick in the nuts after yesterday's Orcs Must Die news.

Sometimes, the platform isn't even trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom