• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) News and Announcements Thread - 2012 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are Sine Mora and Geometry Wars worth it? Those two look the most interesting to me (because I already own every pinball table avaliable... everybody else should buy the pinball packs!)

Lima

Is Mark of the Ninja 800 points or is it just a mistake on Major Nelson's blog?

It is. Coming this Friday. I can't wait. Game looks crazy good from what I've seen.

Are Sine Mora and Geometry Wars worth it? Those two look the most interesting to me (because I already own every pinball table avaliable... everybody else should buy the pinball packs!)

BUY Geometry Wars. I suck at this game and still played it for hours and hours. It is seriously addicting and looks very very nice too.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso

Sine Mora appears to be a very solid, rich game, especially for the price. If you don't mind a few bullet-sponge enemies here and there, it seems to be a solid shooter, with a bend towards perfect runs due to score chains and the like.

Geo Wars 2... most XBLA fans would tell you it's one of the absolute best. The best I can say about it, is it should be worlds better than the first one, so if you liked 1, you'll love 2. It's more of a full-fledged game, and supports co-op if I remember correctly...

--

It's great to see Mark o'Ninja is 800 pts, Klei must have found that to be a sweet spot after Shank 2. How strong does the "Strong Language" in the game get, anyway? All I noticed in the gameplay demos from the other day (thanks for those, btw!) were a few "Sh*t"s, which isn't that bad, but it's rare that modern games just stop there...

Gameplay wise, I'm surprised at how far that ability tree seems to expand. Seems pretty well rounded.

---

For those who don't go to Nelson's Blog, the upcoming XBLA releases:
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior’s Rise
5-Sep

Dogfight 1942
5-Sep

Mark of the Ninja
7-Sep

Red Johnson’s Chronicles – One Against All
12-Sep

Double Dragon NEON
12-Sep

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How is Warp?

I played the demo and liked it well enough. There were a few sequences that seemed a little trial and error. It had a good sense of humour. Honestly, the reason why I didn't buy it is because I was going to get the PC version, but then it ended up being Origin required, so I decided to hold off for a sale on XBLA.

Zen Studios should make a sale of the only released single tables. I want to buy several old ones, but at 240 MSP each I am holding it.
Second Marvel pack bought!

Vert boil

Is Mark of the Ninja 800 points or is it just a mistake on Major Nelson's blog?

It is. Coming this Friday. I can't wait. Game looks crazy good from what I've seen.

The official twitter said it was 1200msp yesterday. I'd believe them over the Nelson blog.

https://twitter.com/klei/status/242756476140138496

edit, no need for another post.

http://majornelson.com/2012/09/04/content-coming-soon-to-the-xbox-live-marketplace-12/

So is Max Payne 3 the first Multi disc game to go up on GoD?

Vert boil

LA Noire is also up on GoD.

Cheers.

I just Binged it on Google and,

Question: I downloaded L.A. Noire from the Xbox Live Marketplace/PSN but it only contains the first two sets of cases. How can I play the rest of the game?

Answer: The initial download after purchase contains both the Traffic and Patrol desks (6.67GB). The additional three desks are downloaded separately through the in-game marketplace – Arson desk (1.13GB), Vice desk (915MB) and Homicide desk (1.71GB). The L.A. Noire game and the additional desks will only be playable with the initial download installed. All three additional desks can be downloaded at any point from the in-game marketplace, allowing for easier hard drive space management.

Still no real solution then.

Vert boil

Great sale!

Question. Is that Sales & Specials App available outside the US? Been waiting for that Hot Pursuit Sports pack to go on sale for ages.

Yep. You can download it through a UK or US account (probably a few other regions as well, and the account doesn't need to be Gold) then use it on your own account if the download isn't available in your region.

this is a great sale, i want a few things but mostly tempted to get american nightmare and bloodforge, i was so pumped for bloodforge when i heard about it then after reading all the bad reviews i passed on it, ill have to research this patch and see if it made the game any better

S1kkZ

this is a great sale, i want a few things but mostly tempted to get american nightmare and bloodforge, i was so pumped for bloodforge when i heard about it then after reading all the bad reviews i passed on it, ill have to research this patch and see if it made the game any better

just try the demo, i think the changes are in it. the mos annoying thing was the camera shaking and that seems to be gone/reduced.

Zia

They updated the Major Nelson blog. Mark of the Ninja is going to be 1200msp.

I didn't like any of Klei's previous games (at all), but they've gone in a very interesting direction with Don't Starve, and I'm hopeful Chris Dahlen will have a positive impact there. Wanting MotN to be good while trying not to get my hopes up.

Some nice sales this week. Thinking about finally picking up that Geometric Wars game.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
DOTW

Alan Wake's American Nightmare - 600msp (was 1200)
Babel Rising - 400msp (was 800)
Limbo - 600msp (was 1200)
Mad Riders - 400msp (was 800)
Rayman 3 HD - 400msp (was 800)
Sine Mora - 800msp (was 1200)

-----

Back to School Sale

3D Ultra Minigolf - 200msp (was 400)
Assault Heroes 1 - 200msp (was 400)
Assault Heroes 2 - 200msp (was 400)
Bloodforge - 600msp (was 1200)
Carcassonne - 400msp (was 800)
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400msp (was 800)
Joe Danger S.E. - 600msp (was 1200)
--Showtime Content Pack - 120msp (was 240)
Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection - 400msp (was 800)
Pinball FX 2 Core pack - 400msp (was 800)
--Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue - 400msp (was 800)
Raskulls - 400msp (was 800)
Rocket Riot - 200msp (was 800)
Rock of Age - 400msp (was 800)
Sam and Max: Beyond Time and Space - 800msp (was 1600)
Sam and Max: Save the World - 800msp (was 1600)
Stacking - 300msp (was 1200)
Sonic 4: Episode 1 - 400msp (was 800)
Sonic 4: Episode 2 - 600msp (was 1200)
The Simpsons Arcade Game - 400msp (was 800)
Warp - 400msp (was 800)

Fifa 12
--Euro 2012 - msp (was 900)
Looks like it was reduced to 900msp last week and it's remaining that price this week.

Forza 4
--Porsche Expansion pack - 800msp (was 1600)

Guitar Hero (multiple)
--Metallica: Death Magnetic - 720msp (was 1440)

Metro 2033
--Ranger Pack - 120msp (was 240)

Tiger Woods PGA Golf 13
--11 Course Pack - 1600msp (was 3200)

Transformers: WFC
--Map and Character pack 1 - 200msp (was 400)
--Map and Character pack 2 - 200msp (was 400)

Some tat as well.

-----

DJ Hero 2
--Pendulum Mix Pack - 320msp (was 640)

Guitar Hero's
--30 Seconds to Mars Track Pack - 220msp (was 440)
--Modern Metal Track Pack - 250msp (was 500)
--Queen track Pack - 220msp (was 440)

Just Dance 3
--Spring Break Pack - 320msp (was 640)

L.A. Noire
--Rockstar Pass - 400msp (was 960)

-----

Sales & Specials App

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
--Lamborghini Untamed - 280msp (was 560)
--Porsche Unleased Pack - 280msp (was 560)
--Super Sports Pack - 280msp (was 560) *double check if you buy it, wasn't reduced when I checked)
So much I'm gonna buy...

bcoJG.gif

Absurd amounts of stuff!

Raskulls - 400msp (was 800)
Rocket Riot - 200msp (was 800)

These two in particular are essential, Raskulls is super-essential.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
My haul. I want Rock of Ages but I'm 70 short. D:

TITLE CONTENT TYPE DATE
Marvel: Vengeance and Virtue Game Addon 04/09/2012 Add to Queue
Bloodforge Arcade Game 04/09/2012 Add to Queue
Alan Wake's American Nightmare ® Arcade Game 04/09/2012 Add to Queue
Mad Riders Arcade Game 04/09/2012 Add to Queue
Super Sports Pack Game Addon 04/09/2012 Add to Queue
Rayman 3 HD Arcade Game 04/09/2012 Add to Queue

Apdiddy

Ended up getting the Pinball FX2 tables & Geometry Wars: RE 2. But I may go back for Rocket Riot & Raskulls -- Raskulls is almost a throwback to SNES/Genesis games where they would try anything. Haven't speak anytime with Rocket Riot free trial yet.

-GJ-

Pid has yet to get an official release date. They said they were aiming for August at one point but clearly that's out the window.
On that XBLA twitter they said game got delayed.
Giant Bomb did a Quick Look of a nearly finished preview copy so it shouldn't be too much longer.
I thought I read that it was supposed to come out on September 5th. I'm on the presslist, so I was wondering why they didn't send out the codes yet, but I guess we'll have to wait a couple weeks longer. I was downloading Mark of the Ninja, but it took literally 10 minutes to get to 1% (it's 1,52 GB or something), so I cancelled it. I'll dl it tomorrow. Guess it has something to do with Xbox LIVE having problems at the moment.

BigMack

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sam and Max games? I played Axel and Pixel and loved every minute of it. And loved the demo of The Walking Dead as well.

Haven't played the S&M demos yet, but I would assume they are similar to TWD?

Plus, this seems like a once-in-a-blue-moon sale for these 2 games.

Wow, what a great sale, it's just too bad that I have little or no interest in everything except for stuff I have already bought.

Anybody that doesn't have Geometry Wars 2 is a bad person. Perhaps they need a good talking to, if you don't mind my saying so. Perhaps a bit more.

SickBoy

Damn... I was wondering if the deal of the week stuff was it for this "Back to School" sale. Guess not.

Looks like I'm getting more Pinball FX tables.

Not sure about Stacking. I didn't have enough patience for the demo, so I'm not sure it makes sense for me to buy it, despite the ridiculous price.

I have had a 360 since Jan 06 and i have only purchased the following XBLA games:

Uno
UMK3
Perfect Dark

Ask me anything.

but seriously what good stuff am i missing?

Draconian

I have had a 360 since Jan 06 and i have only purchased the following XBLA games:

Uno
UMK3
Perfect Dark

Ask me anything.

Welcome! I'd recommend:

Shadow Complex
FEZ
Trials Evolution

All of those are good to start with. Remember that you can download the trial of any game to play to see if you like it before you pay for it. I'm sure others will have suggestions to give you though (there are plenty of other great games), but those would be my recommendations of what to look at first.

Metric craptons.

I'll start you off with my top games (grab the trails and form your own opinions, natch).

Geometry Wars 2.
Bionic Commando Rearmed.
Shadow Complex.

This is probably my Top Three, I'll post a bigger list when I have access to my game list.

Lima

Anyone have any thoughts on the Sam and Max games? I played Axel and Pixel and loved every minute of it. And loved the demo of The Walking Dead as well.

The first one runs really wonky on the 360. Second one is better.

I thought of buying them yesterday. Good shit I didn't do it. Saved 1600 points lol.

So since Joe Danger 2 has gone gold and comes out this month I sat down and got to work on the first one.

This game is so much fun. Only have one achievement left which is getting all the stars.

It is not that hard though (Trials is much harder I think) so I don't get why the completion on TA is so low for this game.

Walking Dead is a bit different than Sam & Max, which is more in the style of old LucasArts adventure games (find items, figure out what to do with them, pick joke dialogue options), while Walking Dead barely has puzzles and is a lot more about your choices in dialogue and actions.

I'd recommend buying Sam & Max on Steam instead next time they're on sale there if that's an option for you. Especially since season 3 isn't even on XBLA and it's the best one!

BigMack

I have them both for wii and absolutely LOVE them. I'm a huge fan of most Telltale stuff as I also loved the Monkey Island series they did.

The first one runs really wonky on the 360. Second one is better.

I thought of buying them yesterday. Good shit I didn't do it. Saved 1600 points lol.

Walking Dead is a bit different than Sam & Max, which is more in the style of old LucasArts adventure games (find items, figure out what to do with them, pick joke dialogue options), while Walking Dead barely has puzzles and is a lot more about your choices in dialogue and actions.

I'd recommend buying Sam & Max on Steam instead next time they're on sale there if that's an option for you. Especially since season 3 isn't even on XBLA and it's the best one!

Thanks everyone for all the input. And, no, I don't have a gaming PC/laptop. So Steam isn't an option.

clear31

i just went on a shopping spree

Sine Mora
Alan Wake American Nightmare
Porsche expansion for Forza 4
Assault Heroes 2
Geometry Wars 2
Bloodforge
Warp
Sonic 4 episode II

I think i'm set until the holidays :)

mujun

I'm pissed I bought Bloodforge about 4 days ago and that it is discounted now and available to silver members (buy all my stuff on my secondary account).

Grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom