• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | September 2014 | Push back the Darkness

Warframe is available now: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Warframe/858b4e77-ffa8-474a-8743-04f6f6e736c8

Doing a search on the console will find it if it's not listed in the store yet.

Sweet. Looks like I will have a treat to check out tonight.

Tips on new comers?

Here is a beginner's guide (not mine), but I'll cover some basics for those who just want the main bullet points.

Platinum is the real money currency. Here is what it can buy that you cannot get from just playing:

Warframe slots - I believe you start with 2 slots, and one is taken up by the free warframe you're given in the tutorial. Think of your warframes as your class. They each have 4 unique abilities, you can switch it outside of missions, and they level up separately. I think there are 2-+ warframes,
weapon slots - You have primary weapons, secondary weapons, and melee weapons. All of these take up slots in the same inventory section, and equipped weapons still take up a slot. I think you start with 6 slots. If you start to try out new weapons, you'll quickly run out of space. If you get rid of old weapons as you make new ones, you'll be fine. I'd suggest experimenting though. You may make a new weapon and level it up only to find you don't like it's firing style, or it's just not as good as you hoped.

Purely cosmetic Platinum-only items:
Color palettes - Each piece of equipment has a few different dye areas on it. You start with some basic colors, but color palettes give you a much wider variety.
Syandanas (scarves/capes) - Like a cape or scarf, it hangs from the back of your neck.
Armor Sets - These are cosmetic pieces that attach to your lower legs, shoulders, etc.
Appendages for sentinels - I think these work like the syandanas and armor listed above, but for your combat pet.

Starter Warframes (Think classes. You can craft a new one later, and there a lot more of them):
info taken from this Reddit post

Excalibur
Slash Dash (25 Energy) - Excalibur dashes forward, slashing any who get in his way.
Radial Blind (50 Energy) - Emits a bright flash of light, blinding all enemies in a small radius for several seconds.
Super Jump (10 Energy) - Excalibur launches into the air, jumping 3 times higher than normal.
Radial Javelin (100 Energy) - Launches javelins towards enemies, dealing high damage and impaling the target enemy into walls.

Mag - has 75 base health, compared to 100 for the other two
Pull (25 Energy) - Magnetic force pulls the enemy towards you, damaging and stunning them while bringing them into melee range.
Shield Polarize (50 Energy) - Restores or depletes the shields of surrounding targets, depending if they are friend or foe.
Bullet Attractor (75 Energy) - Strongly magnetizes a target enemy, causing bullets that pass nearby to change direction and strike the enemy.
Crush (100 Energy) - Magnetize the bones of nearby enemies, causing them to collapse upon themselves.

Volt - has 15 base armor, compared to 65 for the other two.
Shock (25 Energy) - Launches a shocking projectile. It stuns and deals high damage to a single target and chains damage to nearby enemies.
Speed (25 Energy) - Volt energizes his body and nearby Warframes, giving them increased speed and dexterity for a short time.
Electric Shield (50 Energy) - Volt deploys an obstacle of energy, providing cover in any situation.
Overload (100 Energy) - Volt emits an energy field, destroying lights and other electronics which will violently explode and damage enemies.

Crafting new warframes, weapons, sentinels, etc.

Warframes: Collect the helmet blueprints, systems blueprints, and chassis blueprints (usually all drop from the same boss) and use the materials to craft all three. This will probably take 12 hours each (and can be done simultaneously). Then go to the in-game store and use credits to buy the warframe blueprint. It will require the 3 previously crafted parts, and some money and possibly more materials, and will take around 4 days. All crafting processes can be skipped with Platinum.

Weapons: Buy the blueprint from the in-game store and use the credits + materials to craft it. Some higher level weapons require multiple parts like the warframes.

Sentinels: Sentinels are floating robots that follow you around and shoot things for you. You can build them just like weapons, by buying the blueprints in the in-game store and gathering the materials. In the latest patch (which may or may not be included in the Xbox One version), there's a quest named "Call of the Kubrow" which takes you along to path to getting a Kubrow pet. It acts like a sentinel, but instead of a floating robot it's a space doggy.

theDeeDubs

Looks like Murdered: Soul Suspect got a price drop to $49.99. Still about $20 away for me though.

Looks like Child of Light is a Deals with Gold this week for $10.04.

Is it a bad idea to play one game while another downloads to the Xbox One? Will it even continue downloading if I run another game? (the Xbox 360 would stop a download if you started an online game.)

Friend and I want to jump on some coop Diablo while Warframe downloads.

p3tran

Banned
Is it a bad idea to play one game while another downloads to the Xbox One? Will it even continue downloading if I run another game? (the Xbox 360 would stop a download if you started an online game.)

Friend and I want to jump on some coop Diablo while Warframe downloads.

no problem for the machine if thats what you mean. it depends on the quality of your connection how good the co-op will go during download. if too laggy, bring up menu and pause download till you finish your game.

malfcn

Out of curiosity I wanted to see how much they wanted for Platinum.

Under the Get it Now:
AvailabilityTitle for f66c0f40-e37b-4d95-93fc-2c9b516ca1

Hm?

Tried using the feeback app and my SmartGlass can't connect. Welp.
Nevermind, I was wireless and forgot it needed home net.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
damn at that difficulty spike in super time force! on the last (?) level and the stage with the climbing fire, this is insane. the rest of the game was a cak walk simply by brute force, but i cant keep ahead of these flames. got damn

malfcn

I love the art style and audio for Super Time Force. And the humor is on the verge of being so bad it's great.

EBE

my review for Dance Central Spotlight just went up. thought id post that here.
for anyone interested in the game: at $10US you cant go wrong. your taste in music may vary but whats there is very enjoyable with excellent Kinect tracking and some really fun dance choreography. check it out.

malfcn

LOL. Minecraft this Friday.
After having had it ready to go in an update for months, the "Dashboard" is already set.

malfcn

The Party system is strange?

Was in one today chatting it up with an older friend that got a One.
Once we were done I decided to hit Menu and Quit the party.

Then I got a notification that "X has left the party"
And that I could open the Party and then Leave.

So does Quit just Unsnap it?
Or hoe does that function..would I be able to Quit and still chat?

Matriox

Never played a Forza game before, but Horizons 2 seems pretty awesome. Might pick that up if I'm not too obsessed with Destiny/Diablo/Minecraft..

malfcn

I will check it out. Might be a good thing to snap during grinding.

The sales this week are weak. But then again, it's the week of Destiny. Funny that people described Destiny like Borderlands, and that's what is on sale.

Daigoro

been having fun with the free table that Pinball FX2 comes with.

then i used some left over credit and purchased the Guardians of the Galaxy table... ive never felt so immediately burnt buy a $3 purchase in my life. so fucking bad. i couldnt believe how generic and shitty it was. do not buy this table.

never spending another dime on this game after that. (not that its such a great game to begin with)

malfcn

Already got my coupon from Best buy for Destiny. Looks like I may be picking up The Evil Within next month. I think this month is all Destiny and Watch Dogs DLC for me.

OnPoint

Hey weird question for you guys:

Does anyone here have copies of The Official Xbox Magazine in the US from May on up? I don't know if our XBLIG game (Shutshimi) got in to the indie blurbs or not, and I have no way to find out. If it did I missed it.

If anyone can help somehow I'd appreciate it.

Daigoro

Should have bought the Walking Dead table :p

i should have. i was going to and then bought GotG. my mistake. unfortunately im soured for good on buying tables for this game.

ill throw some money at Pinball Arcade if the devs for that game ever get their shit together.

eastx

i should have. i was going to and then bought GotG. my mistake. unfortunately im soured for good on buying tables for this game.

That's a silly reaction. The Guardians table has lots of unique and interesting features, as do most of the Pinball FX2 tables. And it makes good use of the license as well.

Hey weird question for you guys:

Does anyone here have copies of The Official Xbox Magazine in the US from May on up? I don't know if our XBLIG game (Shutshimi) got in to the indie blurbs or not, and I have no way to find out. If it did I missed it.

If anyone can help somehow I'd appreciate it.

You could probably email their editorial staff who would be able to help.

ill throw some money at Pinball Arcade if the devs for that game ever get their shit together.

It's currently in certification as we speak :).

malfcn

I think I may actually take a break from updating the sales. The GwG will continue to be kept updated. Unless people are finding it useful, since there is major's site and the other thread on here.

Also in November I'm getting married, so that month may be light on updates.

I think I may actually take a break from updating the sales. The GwG will continue to be kept updated. Unless people are finding it useful, since there is major's site and the other thread on here.

Congrats dude! No arguments here.

B4D1E

Congratulations man!

You already do a great job with the monthly OT, so I think it's fine if we have to check the XBL thread for the weekly sales.

Montresor

Congrats. FYI people can always find the weekly deals here: marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/Promotion/deals-with-Gold. So you won't have to update that - :p.

I've been trying to cut back on spending and so I've been playing my backlog exclusively this whole month. I'm especially dipping into the part of my backlog that has the GWG games. I already played Deadlight and Motocross Madness this month (both 2.5/5 to me). And I've been playing Saints Row 3 (crazy fun, 3.5/5 for me so far), and Batteblock Theater (absolutely incredible platformer, 5/5). Battleblock Theater I guess doesn't count as a GWG game for me, since I bought it for $10 about 1.5 years ago, lol.

I'm close to the 1000/1000 in Saints Row 3 and I just have two (2!!!!!) more levels left in insane co-op in Battleblock Theater and I'll have the full 400/400 for that one.

Top Bottom