• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox LiVE | September 2014 | Push back the Darkness

Orca

Does Disney 2.0 require a new portal? I was thinking of skipping it since I'd switched the portal and figures to the downstairs TV and the Wii U, but...

Oscar

Destiny will be the first retail game I get for my One. I'm going to go digital for it, too. Really excited!

And for Xbox 360 users, PICK UP HALO REACH!

Same. I already preloaded it, changed my time zone to NZ in hopes of an early unlock (long shot).

oatmeal

Banned
Holy moses I'm dumb. Sorry ya'll.

I saw Crimson Dragon and just assumed it was last months because I already got that last month.

So they'er duping titles already?

RoKKeR

Same. I already preloaded it, changed my time zone to NZ in hopes of an early unlock (long shot).

I'm hoping they switch it to EST. Having it unlock ad midnight PST is just dumb IMO. 3/4 of the country (by timezone) shouldn't be locked out of playing it when they otherwise could be had they gone to a midnight release.

Like Lemmings?
I looked it up and I see the 17th19th and 23rd.
23 is US PS4 date afaik

Flockers is on steam early access for $15 ATM, but here's a small synopsis for anyone curious

"New from the creators of Worms™, Flockers is a modern day take on the classic A to B puzzle genre with a generous helping of dark humour for good measure. Set hoof into this sinister, steampunk inspired world as you navigate the hapless sheep through 60 dark, heinous puzzles and 6 further secret levels in an attempt to save them from their impending doom!"

Gowans

Tomorrow should be fun, Dance Central and Warframe.

Excited to see a f2p multi game finally.

Guess it's what my group will play till destiny

big_z

do we know what this upcoming Week’s Deals with Gold content will be on 360?
I have $10 worth of space bucks that's expiring on the 6th but im not sure what to spend it on. I was thinking maybe Guacamelee if the next batch of content sucks.

Guerrilla

do we know what this upcoming Week’s Deals with Gold content will be?
I have $10 worth of space bucks that's expiring on the 6th but im not sure what to spend it on. I was thinking maybe Guacamelee if the next batch of content sucks.

They are usually announced on Major Nelsons blog, right? Nothing there yet...

do we know what this upcoming Week’s Deals with Gold content will be?

Did you miss when it was free via Games with Gold? Wasn't that last month, aka yesterday, even?

I snatched Spec Ops: The Line for less than 5 bucks. Really curious to experience it, heard so much good stuff from GAF (except maybe the gameplay, lol).

They are usually announced on Major Nelsons blog, right? Nothing there yet...

Expect them tomorrow, the last batch of deals is still good until today.

Raide

Am I weird if I am thinking about grabbing an Xbox One to get free Crimson Dragon? :D

Really wanted the white version but that is late October.

malfcn

Am I weird if I am thinking about grabbing an Xbox One to get free Crimson Dragon? :D

Really wanted the white version but that is late October.

Crimson Dragon isn't that special. If you have Gold you can always "buy" CD now.

Montresor

Finished off Titanfall for good, so now I'm going through my XBLA / downloadable backlog.

I finally played Deadlight (a previous GWG, so I did not pay for this). The bad: 1) low framerate, 2) the controls feel sluggish. the character feels heavy and slow to react - i.e. when you draw your weapon it seems like it takes forever, and 3) the enemy encounters are unfun in a terrible way, and 4) the voice acting was not believable, really mediocre. The good: 1) the beautiful, beautiful graphics/art style. I LOVED the 3-d vistas in this sidescroller, and 2) the puzzle/platforming game play.

I'm really glad I played this game. I love the 2-d puzzlers on XBLA (Braid, Fez, The Bridge, etc...). This does not stack up with those games, but it was nice to play something that was at least in a similar genre. I think if they improved the controls, the voice acting, and removed enemy encounters completely (and just turned this into a pure puzzler/platformer), it would have been a lot more fun. The game's biggest strength is the 3-d vistas - it was lovely walking around in post-apocalyptic 1980s Seattle and seeing the gigantic 3-d environments scroll by.

Now I'm probably going to dip into Super Time Force (via GWG). Any tips for someone who wants to get the 1000/1000? I played the tutorial and found the graphics/sound to be superb, but I was a little confused by the game play. I'll play the tutorial again later today to get a better feel for the controls.

For now, I'll likely be managing my time between these games:

1) Super Time Force (XB1)
2) Battleblock Theater
3) Starting a Metroivania game in my backlog. Either Strider (XB1), or Shadow Complex, or Arkham Black Gate.

malfcn

Wonder what time Warframe will be added to the store. Off tomorrow, so hoping not late late in the day.

T.O.P

Banned
Dance Cetral | Do the Lorde Dance

lorde-dinosaur-dancing-2.gif

tumblr_inline_muf69sUj2A1qzrz52.gif

Finished off Titanfall for good, so now I'm going through my XBLA / downloadable backlog.

I finally played Deadlight (a previous GWG, so I did not pay for this). The bad: 1) low framerate, 2) the controls feel sluggish. the character feels heavy and slow to react - i.e. when you draw your weapon it seems like it takes forever, and 3) the enemy encounters are unfun in a terrible way, and 4) the voice acting was not believable, really mediocre. The good: 1) the beautiful, beautiful graphics/art style. I LOVED the 3-d vistas in this sidescroller, and 2) the puzzle/platforming game play.

I'm really glad I played this game. I love the 2-d puzzlers on XBLA (Braid, Fez, The Bridge, etc...). This does not stack up with those games, but it was nice to play something that was at least in a similar genre. I think if they improved the controls, the voice acting, and removed enemy encounters completely (and just turned this into a pure puzzler/platformer), it would have been a lot more fun. The game's biggest strength is the 3-d vistas - it was lovely walking around in post-apocalyptic 1980s Seattle and seeing the gigantic 3-d environments scroll by.

Now I'm probably going to dip into Super Time Force (via GWG). Any tips for someone who wants to get the 1000/1000? I played the tutorial and found the graphics/sound to be superb, but I was a little confused by the game play. I'll play the tutorial again later today to get a better feel for the controls.

For now, I'll likely be managing my time between these games:

1) Super Time Force (XB1)
2) Battleblock Theater
3) Starting a Metroivania game in my backlog. Either Strider (XB1), or Shadow Complex, or Arkham Black Gate.

That's an easy question.

Top Bottom