• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale (Feb 18th - 24th)

whats DD: Dark Arisen like?

im debating wether i should get it or not.

Don't think, Buy it. :p

DD: Dark Arisen it's an action RPG heavily focused on combat with a good amount of exploration and tons of replay value.

You can create your own main character and also a pawn, an NPC that will accompany you through the story. The combat is very fun, even with trash mobs. And some of the battles are epic, as well as the OST (example).

The game is not as punishing as Dark Souls but it does have a learning curve.

It's not $24, but $36 is still a very good price for Halo MCC.
Bought!
Downloading now, let's see how long this takes...

The wait will be too long it seems :p

8083837.jpg

anyway so far I've gotten Dragons Dogma, Skate 3, and Just Cause 2.

I'm still disappointment on LOTF not being on sale but I'm satisfied

Bizzquik

whats DD: Dark Arisen like?

im debating wether i should get it or not.

The Pawn system is amazing. I cared more about my Pawn than about my player character.

Your Pawn can be used by other players in their own single-player game, and can bring back gifts to you when the character returns. (For clarification, its important to note that the character never leaves your game; the pawn is in both your game and their's simultaneously.)

I enjoyed the combat; it made up for the rather drabness of the environments and the lackluster story. But the sense of exploration - and danger (at night) - is very real. Definitely look into buying it!

Welp, I gave in and bought Halo MCC for the $36. I figure it won't go much lower than that for a digital copy until Halo 5 releases and I really want to play through the campaigns again. Honestly if Microsoft advertised outright that it would only be 40% off I would have bought it the instant it was available. The fact that they seemingly went from a 60% to a 40% discount is what threw me off and made me reconsider. Anyways, it's downloading surprisingly fast for me at about 30 Mb/s, I didn't even know my internet was capable of such speeds. In the end this turned out to be a pretty great sale for me, in total I bought Halo, Alien Isolation, Styx, and Guacamelee. Now I should probably consider an external hard drive.

They really seens to messed this sale...

On the sale hub from the console here (Brazil) it has a tile saying Halo 60% off but when you click on it the discount applied in the store is 40%. Wondering why they chance their minds in so much titles.

statham

I put Sherlock Holmes up for sale twice in the B/S/T thread because I didnt like the first hour, I think I may re-install it. BTW, still for sale.

Fox Mulder

Got sniper elite which is pretty fun.

Wouldn't have bought the shitshow MCC even at the fake price, so whatever. I think MS and 343 killed my enthusiasm for the entire franchise.

Is AI better in sniper than in v2? Now playing through v2 and it's infuriating how they instantly know where you are and game turns into shooting fest.

Is AI better in sniper than in v2? Now playing through v2 and it's infuriating how they instantly know where you are and game turns into shooting fest.

I found the AI to be pretty good in Elite 3. There have been a couple of moments where I've felt that AI really couldn't have known where I was, but it's mostly been fine and they are easily lost/tricked should you be discovered.

Feindflug

Just bought KI Complete Edition, I guess the Lords deal won't appear again. :(

Given that my PC currently can't handle Just Cause 2, getting it for $5 is a nice deal.

Console version doesn't look half bad, either.

The 360 version looks and runs very good considering the scale, you won't regret it.

Maybe the option for you poor souls downloading MCC is to get a disc copy from a friend? I originally bought it physically, and then sold it because it was a POS. Then I got a digital code, but I didn't have to put up with downloading it since everything was already installed from the disc.

stay gold

Are we expecting the individual Telltale games to go on sale? No interest in the full collection, but I want to get The Wolf Among Us.

Maybe the option for you poor souls downloading MCC is to get a disc copy from a friend? I originally bought it physically, and then sold it because it was a POS. Then I got a digital code, but I didn't have to put up with downloading it since everything was already installed from the disc.

The download is not that bad on my end. I let it download for a couple of hours last night and got to 30%. Downloading the rest right now so I should be playing some Halo 2 campaign tonight.

GutsOfThor

I have the original Dragons Dogma but haven't finished it yet and was wondering if I get dark arisen will my progress carry over to DA or do I have to start over?

Dreaver

I'm trying to buy South park for the 360 on the website. I'm trying to buy the game with money on my account (about 15 euro). However, everything I click on 'download to xbox 360' the message pops up 'There are no valid payment options available.' The only option that is clickkable is 'change payment options', which leads to add a creditcard.

What am I doing wrong? I'm 100000% sure it was possible in the past.

Edwardo

I'm trying to buy South park for the 360 on the website. I'm trying to buy the game with money on my account (about 15 euro). However, everything I click on 'download to xbox 360' the message pops up 'There are no valid payment options available.' The only option that is clickkable is 'change payment options', which leads to add a creditcard.

What am I doing wrong? I'm 100000% sure it was possible in the past.

U might have to do it on the console itself. I had an issue just like this, but I can't remember what it was from.

I'm trying to see what happens now

Dreaver

U might have to do it on the console itself. I had an issue just like this, but I can't remember what it was from.

The problem is that I'm not in my appartement for the next 10 days. This is some serious bullshit. Just a few minutes ago the price went up from $12 to $18 somehow. Is Microsoft fucking with me? This is pissing me off. What a waste of money :\.

Thanks anyway.

Edwardo

The problem is that I'm not in my appartement for the next 10 days. This is some serious bullshit. Just a few minutes ago the price went up from $12 to $18 somehow. Is Microsoft fucking with me? This is pissing me off. What a waste of money :\.

Thanks anyway.

It looks like theres service issues right now with purchasing. That might be the problem.

Looks like I missed Guacamelee for $4.

Anhone else having trouble? I bought Mirrors Edge, but never downloaded. So, I went back to the shop entry, and it says I can purchase it again. We I go to do that, I see that $3 has been taken out from the first time I tried to buy it, but it didn't register,so I need to buy it again.

Has this happened to anyone else? Do I just lose $3?

I really believe now this "sale" was to offset the release of the Order. Once the word of the Order being a let down got out, MS thought maybe we can scale back on these sales. I wouldn't put it past MS doing something like this. It may be smart for business but as a consumer with multiple consoles you're not giving me a reason to turn your machine on. Especially when Sony has weekly sales. Can u believe some people thought a closed MS marketplace would be good for consumers?

I have the original Dragons Dogma but haven't finished it yet and was wondering if I get dark arisen will my progress carry over to DA or do I have to start over?

It carried over on PS3 so I don't see why it wouldn't on 360, but I'm not 100% sure if that helps

Top Bottom