• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

Caayn

It is so anoyin that you cannot get the xbox one smartglass in The Netherlands.
On Windows (Phone) 8 you can switch your region to the US reboot your device and you'll have access to the US store including smartglass. Once you've downloaded you can switch back and you can keep using it. It won't update though, you'll need to switch to the US store to update it.

Don't ask me why MS choose to not make smartglass available in every country with a store.

On Windows (Phone) 8 you can switch your region to the US reboot your device and you'll have access to the US store including smartglass. Once you've downloaded you can switch back and you can keep using it. It won't update though, you'll need to switch to the US store to update it.

Don't ask me why MS choose to not make smartglass available in every country with a store.
Because not every country already has the Xbox One?

Been 1404 for a few weeks for preview, but regular is 1403.

It's just weird that it prompted me...it failed to install several times even after hitting retry. Soft power cycle and it won't come back. Even after multiple hard resets etc.

BOOO!

sangreal

It's just weird that it prompted me...it failed to install several times even after hitting retry. Soft power cycle and it won't come back. Even after multiple hard resets etc.

BOOO!

a lot of non-preview people on the last page had the same thing happen

Well I got an update which added sign-in notifications but they do not work. I have the option to set to all friends, favourites of off, but nothing ever pops.

Controller still randomly disconnected either.

So an update where non of the new features work? Odd.

Caayn

The friends notifications work here. Only problem is that it doesn't always load the gamer picture, so it'll just show an empty grey tile.

Also the option to make a difference between broadcast and friends coming online would be nice. I get a pop-up each time someone starts broadcasting, I don't even have twitch installed nor do I want it.

Got the manual update yesterday... saw a friend pop up online last night. Is that only for favorites? Or is that also of all friends? You guys know where to set that option at?

Also, my update failed the first try to. Turned on my box and it said download failed. Ha.. didn't even know it was doing anything. Retry worked like a charm.

Lima

Got the manual update yesterday... saw a friend pop up online last night. Is that only for favorites? Or is that also of all friends? You guys know where to set that option at?

Favorites, all friends or no one. Set it up under preferences in the settings.

Favorites, all friends or no one. Set it up under preferences in the settings.

picgifs-thank-you-5867720.gif

Deepo

Going to try and buy me a Xbox One tomorrow. It's on sale near where I live, but there's only 30 boxes, so I guess it depends on how many cheapskates got the mail :)

BONDO

Anyone not able to connect to XBL?
My wifi is up and running. PS4/PS3/360 all connect fine but not the One.

I wanna play some Titanfall :(

ajim

I just looked at my OS version and it's the most recent one. Had no idea it updated, because I haven't noticed anything different with the friend notifications or anything.

So this is a bit off topic but when xbox live went back up I redeemed a 3 month and right after it said I am blocked from xbox live billing. But I am still able to buy stuff? Anyone have this problem before?

muzzymate

Ok, so beggars can't be choosers but almost wish I could set it so that I would get Broadcast Notifications for all friends while a Friend Online notification only for favorites.

I'm really happy with these rapid updates, and it's great to have friend notifications back.

The latest controller update did eliminate the crackling noises, BUT I am still having moments where the audio flickers in and out on occasion.

Sobriquet

Do I have to keep the Preview app? Mine's now stuck in the queue at 99% and won't update/install.

If I delete it will I stay in the preview program?

Lima

Do I have to keep the Preview app? Mine's now stuck in the queue at 99% and won't update/install.

If I delete it will I stay in the preview program?

Yes you will but you need the preview app if you decide to unregister your console from the preview updates.

Are there any options for friends notifications to be disabled while using media apps?

They have something like that for 360, no? I like friend requests, but when I'm watching a Blu-ray or Netflix/Hulu/HBO (whenever HBO finally delivers the app!) I don't want to see the toasts.

cripterion

So just to be clear, if you didn't get into the beta, this thing is still not live for every user right? Wondering if I'll be finally be able to put my tv channels into the One guide and use voice control (France using Freebox)

LNBL

Yeah i have an Iphone;(

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
A new 1404 system update starting to deploy tonight!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140331-2200). Consoles that are in standby mode will be able to install the update starting at 7:30PM PDT on 4/2. Consoles that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/4 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes

Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
Additional fixes to address audio crackling sound encountered when Dolby Digital is enabled.
Fixes for Blu-ray software issues that can result in 0x21 or 0x87de07d1 errors.
Update to address an issue where ejecting a Blu-ray disc after the drive is idle can result in the disc being pulled back in, requiring a second eject command.
Fix to address Kinect not responding to “yes” or “no” after issuing the “Xbox, turn off” command.
Updates to reduce or eliminate Blu-ray drive “seeking” sounds after drive is idle (experienced in the 1403 update.)
*NEW CONTROLLER FIRMWARE UPDATE*
Update to help address controller disconnect issues.
Update to help address headset adapter audio quality.
Fix for LiveTV audio outputting in stereo instead of surround sound.
Update for the Blu-ray player to fix an issue where it can freeze if left idle or paused for an extended period of time.
Update to fix an issue where fast forwarding or rewinding an external video source results in screen freezing when surround sound is enabled.
Fix for video playback stuttering while audio plays back normally in several apps (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, etc.)
Features Enabled

Game save progress bar will now display when syncing cloud game saves.
50Hz Blu-ray player support for content recorded at 50Hz.
Improved GameDVR video quality.
Online friends notification, including the ability to filter notifications to all friends, favorites only, or disable friends online notifications altogether.
*NEW FEATURE* Requested by the update preview community: Manually install available updates. If a new system update is detected as available, a button will appear under Settings, System that will display “Apply Available System Update.” Note: this feature is being enabled after this current update completes installation. This feature will be available to preview when the next update is made available.
*NEW FEATURE* A new ability to automatically redeem a license code from console messages. For future console messages that include a 5x5 license code, a new option will appear to allow you to automatically redeem the license, versus having to copy and paste the license code.
Known Issues

Some preview participants may encounter an issue where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time. The disc will need to be removed and re-inserted for the disc to be ingested. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
Some preview participants may encounter an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the Blu-ray disc drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power up in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.

You're Famous!... In perhaps the whiniest article I've ever read.

The loop is complete! I have a thing for tails and snakes :(

Novak

I dont know where to ask so i will ask here

I got XB1 few days ago. I setup tv and it works except this:
- my tv (old Sony Bravia from 2006) by default goes to internal DVB-T (OTA) when switched on from standby. Then i have to manually switch input to HDMI. There is no setting on tv to make HDMI the default input. Is it possible to set XB1 to send switch input command? Isn't that hdmi-cec feature? But IR command would be ok too

- if there no such option where can i submit the problem/bug/feature request

- in tv setup i don't see setup for my iptv box (only tv and av receiver). Xbox location is set to UK. Should i switch to US?

Btw can i still apply for beta testing?

Mookow

Silent update, fully updates your console and puts it back into standby without any user interaction.

Love that feature then, and glad to see it works.

RE a different reply: "Xbox on turning on controller" I personally don't want that, but having the option would be nifty.

Bgamer90

Banned
Really don't mean to get the thread off topic but I can't believe how much they are making this a big deal. Saying updates are normal in tech products in 2014 is "defending MS".

tweeteng_zps1bef1a89.png

Can anyone confirm the controller disconnects have been resolved in this update? It's absolutely frustrating to deal with and I'd rather not have to replace my xbox.

Top Bottom