• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

"Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it"

Just like Playstation+....And Games with Gold.

Alx

Everything I've found says you need Gold too... is that no longer the case?

According to this https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/games/game-saves-in-the-cloud-faq you still need Gold. I have no idea if you can use a USB to access your 360 saves on XB1.

My bad, I wasn't sure and did a quick search of the original annnouncements, but the first few links I found didn't mention gold.
It would be a nice gesture from MS to give temporary gold access to all users around the BC launch, to let them upload their saves. Although I'm not even sure how BC cloud saves work on X1.

Chitown B

You should be able to copy/move them from USB to cloud and vice versa (except for occasional games that don't support it), provided you have access to a 360 of course.

you don't get cloud saving without Gold. that's his issue

Syriel

So long as you have cloud saves, I see no problems for you.

All my saves are on a USB stick.

You should be able to copy/move them from USB to cloud and vice versa (except for occasional games that don't support it), provided you have access to a 360 of course.

Need Gold for cloud saves (to copy to cloud on a physical 360).

USB stick won't be recognized because it doesn't pass thru to the virtual 360.

Bizzquik

Phil said talks were positive with Activision.
Posted it in the other topic but I've found an MS employee I'm 99% sure is testing BC, here's the games he's played recently:

CoD 4

I'm pretty sure we'll see the games in the above list that aren't BC already part of the launch list

I can see Activision putting CoD games on the BC list down the road....but not in November. I think they want all eyes on Black Ops 3. ....Maybe one CoD release a year starts showing up on the BC list in mid-summer. But I'd love to be proven wrong and start seeing CoD games on BC Day One.

That fake list keeps getting linked. LOL

Someone should print it out and take a physical picture of it to get more life out of it.

CTABCSUWEAA797r.jpg

Geometry Wars 2?! Yeeeessssss!

NaviLink

Someone should really change that thread title...

It's too bad X1 BC wans't available sooner. It would have been an important selling point to me.

Zeta Oni

Someone should really change that thread title...

It's too bad X1 BC wans't available sooner. It would have been an important selling point to me.

Whats wrong with the title?

I think its perfect.

Don't remember all those people who said "No one even uses BC" and based all their arguments on like PS2 and PS1 classic data on PS3?

Despite the fact that argument never held any weight since this is the first generation of home consoles that going into, a lot people had a sizable digital library from the previous generation to look forward to, making a comparison to Xbox/PS2 era BC pointless since they had a total of 0 digital games...

DPtheGod

This sucks, because Lost Odyssey is Microsoft published but also multiple discs. So... I am assuming it will fall into the category of not yet :(

Praying for Tales of Vesperia!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5B_ds5P2UIQ

So I guess 360 games can be purchased from XB1 Store? 'Cause in this "The Store on the New Xbox One Experience" video at around 2:06 you can slightly see an Xbox 360 tile under the 'Recommended' tab.

I have said for awhile this is how it should work. You already download the games from the store in order for them to be able to work. Selling them for really cheap is a nice way to get some cash out of it and induce the publishers to give you the green light.

360 games have been listed (but not purchasable) on the XB1 marketplace for a little while now. It may just be one of those listings.

Not once has a 360 box art ever been on the Xbox One store front where you obviously go to purchase (which is exactly where this box was located and Major quickly moved away from).

Jinaar

I can't wait for this to be a reality.

Games I really want to play again or for the first time:
Halo Wars
Red Dead Redemption
Nier (Own both PS3 and 360 versions :p )

Crossing fingers.

Child of Eden on the leaked list? I thought you couldn't use XB1 Kinect with XBOX 360; I think you use a controller too but fuck that shit.

Not once has a 360 box art ever been on the Xbox One store front where you obviously go to purchase (which is exactly where this box was located and Major quickly moved away from).

I've had 360 game boxes show up as recommended titles for me on XB1 - which is the heading that game is listed under in that video. That could just be Perfect Dark Zero or another 360 game that can show up on a user's marketplace today.

Syriel

SVC: Streets of Rage was.

That didn't show up in my "ready to install" list. I was able to download it when it was in the "coming soon" area of the XBO store front.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Child of Eden on the leaked list? I thought you couldn't use XB1 Kinect with XBOX 360; I think you use a controller too but fuck that shit.

If this game is in, I guess they tried to make it playable with Kinect, even if it worked or not, it's still playable with a pad, and if it runs well, why not releasing it in BC.

Zeta Oni

for me it would be this.
1.Halo Reach
2.Fifa Street
3.all cod's
4.RDR

:)

Well i'm pretty sure your number 1 is confirmed.

Number 2 isn't.

Number 3 is looking like a bust at this point.

And number 4 is why everyone is slowly waiting for monday to get here.

On one hand it's often described as a technical mess under the hood meaning BC could possibly be a hassle, and there's been no confirmation of Rockstar being involved in BC to begin with....

On the other hand, Take 2 is interested in BC, RDR is one of the most requested games in the vote, and a certain MS employee has been playing it and a lot of 360 titles that have already been confirmed so....

Monday is gonna be interesting for sure.

EvB

That list is really close to many of the titles I've listed in the past. There are some notable omissions inc. Mirrors Edge and RDR, but I think a lot of this is right.

EvB

Do you know if Fable Anniversary is coming?

Yeah, I wonder if it might be

Was about to post this list of other suspicious finds. I've looked at so many games and lists and lines of database that I'm starting to lose it a bit.
Kane and Lynch is an odd one that stuck out, made me wonder if it might be GWG soon

Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Asteroids & Deluxe
Bioshock Infinite
Blood of the Werewolf
Castlevania SOTN
Condemned
Crazy Taxi
DIRT 3
DIRT Showdown
DR2: CASE ZERO
Dead Island
Dead Space
Deus EX: Human Revolution
Dungeon Siege 3
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable 2
Fable 3
Fable Anniversary
Gears of War: Judgement
Golden Axe
Grid 2
Halo Wars
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Hydro Thunder
Ikaruga
Joy Ride Turbo
Kane and Lynch 2
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
Lego Batman
Lode Runner
Luminese LIVE
MS. PAC-MAN
Mensa Academy
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes
Missile Command
Modern Warefare
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island 2 : SE
Monkey Island : SE
Ms. Splosion Man
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
Nights into dreams
OF: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man CE
Pac-Man CE DX+
Phantom Breaker : Battle Grounds
Pinball FX
R-Type Dimensions
Rainbow Six Vegas
Rainbow Six Vegas 2
Red Dead Redemption
Sega Vintage Collection : Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co
Sonic CD
Sonic the Hedgehog
Soulcalibur 2 HD
Split/Second
Splosion Man
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Torchlight
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon

I'm dying for Forza Motorsport 4.

I never got very far in it on 360, and I would love to finish it up over then next few months on BC and then pick up Forza 6.

Top Bottom