• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Lock on stuff seemed to work for me.

Speaking of Rez, what are the chances of Child of Eden?

Kinect makes it a no way? Or will it just act like there is no Kinect connected? It's also ubisoft, right? Have they been friendly to BC?

muzzymate

Not sure what I did to get lock-on working but it's definitely working because I'm playing Sonic 2 as Nuckles. I went into the bonus menu, selected one of the lock on titles. It asked me to pick my account again, and run told me to download the title. When I repeated selecting the lock on game, it started right up.

Justinh

Not sure what I did to get lock-on working but it's definitely working because I'm playing Sonic 2 as Nuckles. I went into the bonus menu, selected one of the lock on titles. It asked me to pick my account again, and run told me to download the title. When I repeated selecting the lock on game, it started right up.

Sonic 2 with Knuckles and Blue Sphere has worked for me since I downloaded Sonic & Knuckles, but Sonic 3 and Knuckles gives me the "Download the other game" message which then opens up Manage game and it's already installed.

I've tried uninstalling S3 and reinstalling, but that hasn't helped and neither has hard rebooting.

Honestly, I don't know why I even care, I doubt I'm ever going to actually play it

Weird. I have deleted and re-downloaded every Sonic game from my XB1 and it still doesn't work.

radjago

No but that would've been awesome. I have 3 of those hint books hidden away, one in nearly perfect condition.
As someone who played it originally without it, I can say you will need graph paper or a handy internet resource to get by without excessive grinding.

amardilo

How are the M2 ports of the classic SEGA games?

I already own Streets of Rage (I think those ports were done by Digital Eclipse or someone) on the 360 but I saw the collection is available for backwards compatibility and the development/port is done by M2.

MCN

Banned
Can somebody explain to me why Fable 2 and 3 are backwards compatible, but Fable Anniversary is not?

I wanted to play through all 3 to commemorate Lionhead, dammit!

I already own Streets of Rage (I think those ports were done by Digital Eclipse or someone) on the 360 but I saw the collection is available for backwards compatibility and the development/port is done by M2.
Good

M2 is the best emulation / porting house in the games industry. The Sega collections they produced on the 360 are fantastic.

I asked in the weekly sale thread, but went unanswered, so figured I'd ask here. Does anyone know that if you buy the Fable Trilogy that is currently on sale, does Fable 2 and 3 show up to download on the One?

If I were MS, I'd get the 25 most requested BC games that aren't out yet and save them all for announcement at E3. Would get a huge pop. Given the pace that they are starting to get these out I wouldn't be surprised if they are just sitting on a bunch of them.

Finally got a chance to play Double Dragon Neon last night and it trolled me good. 1g achievement for booting it up, 19g achievement for completing the game.

Damn you to hell way forward.

I like what they have done with the game though.

I do think MS are holding back for a larger E3 drop, gets a good bit of publicity behind the games too.

MechDX

I asked in the weekly sale thread, but went unanswered, so figured I'd ask here. Does anyone know that if you buy the Fable Trilogy that is currently on sale, does Fable 2 and 3 show up to download on the One?

I own the Trilogy and yes they show up except Anniversary of course

You know what, people have been asking for this and people dont use it half as much as they said they would

I actually use it a lot more than I thought I would. I wasn't someone who thought BC was needed for this gen, but now having the ability to go back and freely play some older titles is awesome.

Especially the arcade titles I already owned digitally.

TEJ

I'll use it more when most of the games i really want to play show up on it.

Tales of vesperia
Ninja gaiden 2
Dragon age origins
Dragons dogma
Vanquish
Metal gear rising
Crackdown
Bayonetta
Lost Odyssey
Mass effect 2-3
Splinter cell blacklist
That viking action game

These are what I want to really play. My 360 died on me a few years back...

Max_Po

Banned
Almost every game I have tried has frame rate hits here and there....

Whats real sad is to see Crazy Taxi struggle with frame rate hits on XboxOne. ....

doesn't work for me, MS we need a solution!

Eanan

I'll use it more when most of the games i really want to play show up on it.

Tales of vesperia
Ninja gaiden 2
Vanquish
Metal gear rising
Lost Odyssey
Splinter cell blacklist

These are what I want to really play. My 360 died on me a few years back...
YES!

All of them!

Top Bottom