• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

.la1n

Ninja Gaiden 2, MG Rising or Vanquish would make me very happy and seem more likely than the titles I really want (Radiant Silvergun, VF5.)

bede-x

You know what, people have been asking for this and people dont use it half as much as they said they would

These past few months I've completed Splosion Man, three Gears games, Borderlands, Monaco and right now I'm doing Saint's Row IV and Hydro Thunder. Soon I'll be revisiting Fable 2 as well.

It's such a cool feature, which I personally use all the time and as long as they keep adding the games I want (Nier, Ninja Gaiden II, Radiant Silvergun and many others), I'll continue using it. 360 had an amazing library and it's a shame to throw it all away just because a new generation starts.

Anyone else still having issues with the lock-on content with Sonic & Knuckles? I have every Sonic game installed on my XB1 and I cannot get S&K to recognize any of them. I've even deleted and re-installed every game.

Justinh

Anyone else still having issues with the lock-on content with Sonic & Knuckles? I have every Sonic game installed on my XB1 and I cannot get S&K to recognize any of them. I've even deleted and re-installed every game.

That's really weird. I could get Sonic and Sonic 2 to work with Sonic and Knuckles, but it would never see Sonic 3. I'll check to see if that's still the case.

Edit: still the same thing so far.

That's really weird. I could get Sonic and Sonic 2 to work with Sonic and Knuckles, but it would never see Sonic 3. I'll check to see if that's still the case.

Edit: still the same thing so far.

The issue seems to vary for everyone. For some, the lock-on works for every game. For others (like you), it's certain games. For the unfortunate souls like myself, none of the games are recognized.

Sucks. Hopefully MS is aware and gets it fixed. I sent them a message about it via Xbox Feedback.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
You know what, people have been asking for this and people dont use it half as much as they said they would

Using it right now to play through the Borderland's co-op campaign, so I've been using it A LOT. I played through all Gears campaigns (aside from the original since Ultimate Edition exists) as well as Horde in both Gears 2 and Gears 3.

Bought SOTN last night, first time play through and very much LTTP.

Damn, that opening was awesome. Would have absolutely blew my mind back in the mid 90s.

Most ppl switced from xbox to the playstation this gen, not the other way around. So most ppl who owns an xbone also has or had a 360 and already played most of the 360 games they wanted to.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Every time I launch a BC game my Xbox One sounds like it's about to explode. This happen to anyone else?

Almost every time I play a game and switch to another (BC or not) my console's fan goes very fast and loud, and slows down a few seconds after, nothing to worry about.

Happened on both consoles I owned (day one and Elite).

What type of sound? From the Xbox hardware itself or thru your sound set up? If hardware, is it your disc drive, cooling fan, or other sound?

It's the fan kicking on to (what sounds like) 100%. It's insanely loud, it sounds like it's about to rip itself apart.

Almost every time I play a game and switch to another (BC or not) my console's fan goes very fast and loud, and slows down a few seconds after, nothing to worry about.

Happened on both consoles I owned (day one and Elite).

Yeah, this is exactly what mine does.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I have a feeling were gonna see a shit-ton drop on E3 when they announce the Xbox Jr.
Yea, I'm guessing they will save some epic BC bombas like RDR, BO1, Skate 3...etc for the middle of the conference when things start to slow down.
Open big with Gears, Battlefield, Forza Horizon 3, other blockbusters, then do some OS stuff, indies, BC games, then new IPs for 2017-18, and finally reveal a new more powerful Xbox alongside a slim Xbox One. Sexy designs, newer controller, say everything shown at the event was running on Xbox One so people need not worry they were bullshitted, then show either Gears 4 on the new Xbox or a new IP built for the new Xbox, then close with another blockbuster.

I've had the fan issue when switching from one game to the next. Doesn't seem linked to BC though.

I’ve always suspected it was linked to the beta builds because it comes and goes.

Chris1

It's not just BC games, I've just started getting the blue ray drive issue today too.

It's happening when I just pause some xbox one games (digitally), when I resume it slows down again.

Maybe they've got multi discs working and it's spinning the drive looking for the second disk but there's bugs that's carrying over to XB1 games too? Dunno, something weird going on anyways :p

About the lock-on games of Sonic & Knuckles, this works for me:
Run the game in xbox360, play sonic 3& knuckes and create a savegame (same with the others). Then upload the new saves to the cloud and synchronize.

mike4001_

99% of my games are digital and there's nothing in my BD drive, also, I can feel much more air flowing over the fan when it speeds up, that's the fan, not the BD drive...

It´s actually not really bad if it goes to 100% from time to time.

Blows all the dust out the normal setting of lets say 25% does not catch :)

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
It´s actually not really bad if it goes to 100% from time to time.

Blows all the dust out the normal setting of lets say 25% does not catch :)

Yeah that's why I'm not worried about it, it's just a fan blowing full speed just a few second, maybe just a bug in the sensor monitoring but as long as it blows air and does it silently while playing I'm fine :)

I don't remember how the lock on content for Sonic works. It's been a while. I gave 1-3 & knuckles. Is the extra stuff supposed to appear in the Sonic and Knuckles game or does it show in each individual game?

I don't remember how the lock on content for Sonic works. It's been a while. I gave 1-3 & knuckles. Is the extra stuff supposed to appear in the Sonic and Knuckles game or does it show in each individual game?

It's supposed to be under "Bonus Content" in S&K. But it seems that for some people it works, and others it doesn't.

While I don't know how realistic it is, I hope they announce original Xbox as BC at E3. I hope they are able to offer blanket across the board BC. Playing some of those games again would be great. I know the licensing issues, most likely prevents that from happening. But Timesplitters, Kotor, NHL 06, NFL 2k5, NCAA, Rallisport challenge 2 would all be amazing.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade

It's under the Bonus Content in the Sonic and Knuckles game.

It worked fine for me when I did it the first time. But I played the sonic games a lot on both the 360 and the one before S&K was released. perhaps the cloud saves I had helped?

About the lock-on games of Sonic & Knuckles, this works for me:
Run the game in xbox360, play sonic 3& knuckes and create a savegame (same with the others). Then upload the new saves to the cloud and synchronize.

I don't have a 360 anymore. :( Glad it's working for you though!

I really hope MS gets this fixed.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah that's why I'm not worried about it, it's just a fan blowing full speed just a few second, maybe just a bug in the sensor monitoring but as long as it blows air and does it silently while playing I'm fine :)

I'm sure this never happened during the first months after release, but started about a year after.

Chitown B

While I don't know how realistic it is, I hope they announce original Xbox as BC at E3. I hope they are able to offer blanket across the board BC. Playing some of those games again would be great. I know the licensing issues, most likely prevents that from happening. But Timesplitters, Kotor, NHL 06, NFL 2k5, NCAA, Rallisport challenge 2 would all be amazing.

mostly it's licensing the NVidia chip emulation that is the showstopper.

No mention of Ninja Gaiden? For shame.

Top Bottom