• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Guys I have a question regarding Fallout 3 on Xbox One

I have 16 hours (only) in FO3 for the PS3 - basically did the Super Mart and Megaton; arrived in Tenpenny Tower only.

Now I can forfeit them because I just got FO4 on the Xbox One with a FO3 code. 16 hours is no biggie I will re-do it in the Xbone version.

QUESTION:

- is FO3 on Xbox One perfectly playable start to finish? Anyone here completed it from scratch? From start to end boss? Asking because I do not want to spend 40 hours on it and face some game stopping bug exclusive to the BC version...

Guys I have a question regarding Fallout 3 on Xbox One

I have 16 hours (only) in FO3 for the PS3 - basically did the Super Mart and Megaton; arrived in Tenpenny Tower only.

Now I can forfeit them because I just got FO4 on the Xbox One with a FO3 code. 16 hours is no biggie I will re-do it in the Xbone version.

QUESTION:

- is FO3 on Xbox One perfectly playable start to finish? Anyone here completed it from scratch? From start to end boss? Asking because I do not want to spend 40 hours on it and face some game stopping bug exclusive to the BC version...

I haven't played FO3 on X1 (Fallout: NV runs nicely on X1 though) but if the PS3 version is your point of reference, it's hardly going to be worse, is it?

I haven't played FO3 on X1 (Fallout: NV runs nicely on X1 though) but if the PS3 version is your point of reference, it's hardly going to be worse, is it?

Yeah but I am asking not about res or framerate or loading times as I was ok with them being garbage on PS3 but about the ability to finish this game w/o any strange, Xbox One BC specific bugs.

Just asking if anybody here played it on XO and finished successfully.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Yeah but I am asking not about res or framerate or loading times as I was ok with them being garbage on PS3 but about the ability to finish this game w/o any strange, Xbox One BC specific bugs.

Just asking if anybody here played it on XO and finished successfully.

From what I know: There is not a single bc bug caused by the emulation.

muzzymate

Mass Effect 1 was recently updated for me. Seems the final boss battle is improved at the end is improved and pretty smooth but Virmire is still choppy. Hard to know what is original funkiness and what is introduced by the emulator with this title though

Mass Effect 1 was recently updated for me.

Aegis Wing also received an update.

With these two getting updates, of the 51 backwards compatible games I have installed, 45 have received updates in the last two-and-a-half months. The remaining 6 haven't been updated since January and include Assassin's Creed II, Halo Reach, and all four Gears of War games. I imagine it shouldn't be too much longer before those are updated as well.

Also, interestingly Mass Effect is showing the same version number it had prior to the update: 1.0.1511.42016. Anyone else have the same (or at least some sub-version of 1.0.1511.x)?

dakilla13

Played Halo Reach at my parents place on my 360, then continued on the Xbox One. Is it normal to have texture pop in and low frame rate? The skyboxes looked fantastic on both though, so at least we have that.

Bizzquik

Happy to see Call of Duty 2.

Its funny: everything old is new again. I want more World War 2 games, and backward compatibility just gave one to me.

This is funny. Only around a month go I wanted to buy cod 2 to replay it but only have my X1 at my own house.

Please tell me the digital version is cheap or at least on sale or something? Dying to play Cod 2, amazing campaign

Tell us how the multi is. At this stage I'm prepared to quadruple dip on this if people are still playing in big numbers in two weeks time.

It's 11 years old, so great to see it in BC and forward compat to Xbox One S and Scorpion.

Holy fuck.

I remember winning that console like it was yesterday. I received it a week early. Then I remember lining up for some launch games at Dufferin Mall EB in Toronto. Crazy times.

COD2 the 🐐
Loved that game and remember playing the demo before the 360 released, time fucking flies @_@

Now I want to pick up the one S to play COD2 in my living room :p

EBE

so is the emulator still capped at 720p?
i remember digital foundry stating as much in their initial analysis of Perfect Dark (XBLA)

decided to download on my 360 for full res
shame the game isnt a locked 60fps but its stil really good

Not sure what's taking so long with Lost Odyssey. Microsoft owned and they've already figured multi-disc out.

C'mon =/

Having multi-disc games worked out doesn't mean this particularly game is ready to ship without any emulation issues. It's quite possible more work needs to be done. Plus, every game needs to pass fairly significant testing, and their bandwidth for that is only so wide.

amdb00mer

i remember digital foundry stating as much in their initial analysis of Perfect Dark (XBLA)

Most X360 games are not native 1080p and run at sub 1080p and even sub 720p. The emulator runs the game in it's native resolution and then uses the scaler chip just like the X360 does to output the chosen resolution in settings. I don't see us getting any X360 back compat games at true 1080p, at least not until Project Scorpio arrives. For now I think the games look fine upscaled to 1080p on my phat X1 and 4K on X1S.

Ein Bear

No, it's been fixed since - any game that was native 1080p on the 360 is native 1080p on the Bone.

Top Bottom