• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

amdb00mer

Is Castle of Illusion showing up for everyone? It's not showing up for me.

I had to search for it in the store. I bought it a couple of years ago, so when it was not in the ready to install section I got worried. After quick search found it and it showed the install button. Been playing it and it plays decent. Got 2 quick cheevos as well. ;)

TheKeyPit

Banned
A restart fixed the issue. I put the game on my external, just in case. There were 2 rare little hiccups after the restart, but it runs pretty good now. I got my green wristband. The game looks still good.

screenshot-original19wyqyl.png

screenshot-original1983qiq.png

screenshot-original20j8qcq.png

Justinh

A restart fixed the issue. I put the game on my external, just in case. There were 2 rare little hiccups after the restart, but it runs pretty good now. I got my green wristband. The game looks still good.

Yeah, after racing a little more, I've had a couple of those "hiccups" where it felt like it froze for like... a half a second, but then it would be fine again. One while I was driving around in free roam and once in a dirt kinda race thingy.
It bothered me, but it really didn't affect how much I enjoy the game in the long run.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have the same issue with Forza. I'm actually noticing now that I use the XB1 as a media player that issues are pretty common with switching. I'd rather everything just quit when I finished.

I've disabled instant on and got in the habit of closing every app because of buggy behavior.

amdb00mer

FYI Forza Horizon does support X1 wheels.

Edit: spoke too quick. it works with them, but the deadzones and sensitivity is out of wack and needs adjusting.

I've disabled instant on and got in the habit of closing every app because of buggy behavior.

I bring up the menu and close every app after I exit to the dashboard if I am done with it. I do the same thing on PS4. I find this results in less problems and smoother operation in general.

josh924

Banned
I had to search for it in the store. I bought it a couple of years ago, so when it was not in the ready to install section I got worried. After quick search found it and it showed the install button. Been playing it and it plays decent. Got 2 quick cheevos as well. ;)

I found it in the Store, but it says to buy it from Xbox 360 or Xbox.com. =\

Edit: Ok, I found the problem. IIRC, it was on sale when I was on vacation one time; for some reason, I had trouble accessing my account from Xbox.com, so I got my brother to buy it and he let the download start on my 360. Just now, I had to buy it for $15 just so I have the license on my account.

Zenner

The capcom cabinet is only $6 bucks, I'll be buying that for 15 games.

Just picked that up, too. Thought I got everything for a steal at $1.24 a few weeks back, when it was on DWG sale, but that Cabinet only included three games (and the framework for the rest of the DLC).

Really enjoying the access to arcade-style games, through Xbox BC. I wouldn't turn away a few more contemporary takes on the old-school titles, though. :)

Oh boy, it doesn't look good for FH1. Need to restart my console to see if the problems still exist then.

Edit:

Look at this: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/21059794

I really hope that a restart will fix this.

-------

Screenshots:
screenshot-original19has1q.png

screenshot-original19vosmw.png
Damn! Looking really nice! Can't wait to play this again, I'm actually one of those people that really liked the yellow tint (what all of GAf hates on with it's "piss filter" remarks), it suited the sunsets and the light was completely different at night time.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Damn! Looking really nice! Can't wait to play this again, I'm actually one of those people that really liked the yellow tint (what all of GAf hates on with it's "piss filter" remarks), it suited the sunsets and the light was completely different at night time.

It runs perfect. (very rare hiccups aside)

It plays very good, too.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/21082868

Edit: I played for ~2 hours when I entered a barn find location and the stuttering occurred. The game crashed after a minute.

It runs perfect. (very rare hiccups aside)

It plays very good, too.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/TheKeyPit/video/21082868

Edit: I played for ~2 hours when I entered a barn find location and the stuttering occurred. The game crashed after a minute.

That vid is soooo making me want to play it again!

Are you getting localized voiceovers? I'm asking because I have the LE version on disc, but that only fetured the american commentators, while if you bought the ordinary disc version here in Norway you actually got Norwegian voiceovers. I'm hoping the digital version on Septembers games for gold is the localized one for laughs (though I doubt it).

Added you on Xbox Live btw!

Dark Proeliator

Neo Member
I have the same issue with Forza. I'm actually noticing now that I use the XB1 as a media player that issues are pretty common with switching. I'd rather everything just quit when I finished.

Yeah, I have actually noticed that after I have finished playing a game/app that I just go back to the home page and quit the game/app before opening another as it always seems to have issues - slow/crashing.

By the looks of some replies, I am not the only one!

TheKeyPit

Banned
That vid is soooo making me want to play it again!

Are you getting localized voiceovers? I'm asking because I have the LE version on disc, but that only fetured the american commentators, while if you bought the ordinary disc version here in Norway you actually got Norwegian voiceovers. I'm hoping the digital version on Septembers games for gold is the localized one for laughs (though I doubt it).

Added you on Xbox Live btw!

As far as I know you can set your region to whatever country you want to be able to download the digital version from that region. South Park Stick of Truth is censored in germany. I downloaded it while my region was set to US and now I have the uncensored version of the game.

The ordinary disc version is probably the same as the digital one.

Added you, too.

Just picked that up, too. Thought I got everything for a steal at $1.24 a few weeks back, when it was on DWG sale, but that Cabinet only included three games (and the framework for the rest of the DLC).

Really enjoying the access to arcade-style games, through Xbox BC. I wouldn't turn away a few more contemporary takes on the old-school titles, though. :)

Damn, now the base game isn't on sale. Why wouldn't you put them on sale together capcom

TheKeyPit

Banned
The emulation is weird. I booted up my Xbox One and started FH1 without doing anything else. While playing I didn't even go back to the dashboard and didn't record any screenshots/clips. After ~1-2 hours I had to pause the game for ~1 minute. When I got back, the stuttering began.

The emulation is weird. I booted up my Xbox One and started FH1 without doing anything else. While playing I didn't even go back to the dashboard and didn't record any screenshots/clips. After ~1-2 hours I had to pause the game for ~1 minute. When I got back, the stuttering began.

Yeah stuttering has been bad on COD black ops. Like almost freezes, I think it has to do witht he DVR because I had changed it to record the last 3 minutes. Gonna put it back to 1 minute

Justinh

The capcom cabinet is only $6 bucks, I'll be buying that for 15 games.

Yeah, it's really convienient since Xbox rewards apparently deposited 6.25 in my account for... some damn reason (¯\_(ツ)_/¯) and it costs 6.24. I've wanted it for a while so it's great to finally get it. Weird that they put the pack and the "main game/app" on sale on separate weeks though. I got the actual app like 2, maybe 3 weeks ago, I think

naitosan

Damn, having so much fun with Forza Horizon. It's running perfectly. Appears Forza service is back up and working. Not sure if I should jump in and get season pass or not.

Justinh

Is your gamerscore 100K or over? That could be why.

No, it's only like... 93K something. I thought there used to be statements on the rewards site, but I can't find them anymore.

Whatever, I'm not complaining. It happens every now and and I usually put whatever it is towards some new game. There's a 10 year badge on my profile now. That looks new. I wonder if that has anything to do with it...

lohankain

Well, i started to play Castle of Illusion on Xbox One and game runs really bad, with a lot of frame drops, like 20fps or less.

Someone have problem with this game too ?

Top Bottom