• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Is BF3 worth buying just for the campaign mode? Im not interested in the MP but I have seen some gameplay videos of the campaign on YouTube and it looks tense! I loved the campaign modes of CoD MW.

It's underwhelming, to say the least.

I kinda enjoyed it (on PC). I don't know if its any better/worse on Xbox though.

jelly

Is BF3 worth buying just for the campaign mode? Im not interested in the MP but I have seen some gameplay videos of the campaign on YouTube and it looks tense! I loved the campaign modes of CoD MW.

It looks very cool but the game play is really dull and empty.

TK-421

Will the Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition discs work on the One with all the included DLC?

I love Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep...

When I was home at lunch, it did not. I put in Disk 2 after installing Disk 1, and it just booted the game. Also tried going to Manage Game with disc 2 in the drive and it show DLC for download.

However, I saw on reddit from a guy saying to try installing the game from disc 2 and it works so we'll see.

UPDATE: That does indeed work. If you have the ultimate edition, use disk 2, not disk 1.

Just grabbed a pre-owned BF3 from gamestop before those price hikes happen.

Lucky for me, the discs look clean, new, came in the original case, & the online pass worked..............( this is pre-owned, right?)

ryan13ts

Love how Gamestop Had Bad Company for 5$ now its 15$

They do that scummy shit everytime a game goes BC. When Lost Odyssey went BC, they literally jacked the price up in the same day (The girl at gamestop still gave it to me at the original price though since the sticker wasn't changed, the price change was just in the system).

I shop as little as possible at GS and shit like that does not help at all.

They do that scummy shit everytime a game goes BC.

I understand your frustration but I don't see this as particularly scummy. Demand increases so they raise the price in response. These aren't new copies with an MSRP, and even if they were there's no law that says they have to abide by it. The fact is that a copy of the game is now worth more than it was prior to Major Nelson's announcement this morning. It sucks for sure but I don't blame them for making the change.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Love how Gamestop Had Bad Company for 5$ now its 15$

Yeah, I've been considering buying some BC games that aren't BC yet but I hope will eventually get there.

Catherine stayed at $20 at GameStop after they announced it for BC and was going to pick it up until MS made it $3 in the digital store.

Nice to see BC2 made it BC, I know Boban is hyped for it ;)

keidashxd

I'm starting to feel like everytime Gamestop raises a copy of any 360 title we have a likely hint, anyone has noticed a recent rise in any non backward game?

Bad Company 2 is awesome, buy it if you haven't best Battlefield on console.

terrible

Banned
Did you have your stats still?

Yep. Battle reports still work on the website too which is nice. Remember to go to the "manage game" section and install everything under the "ready to install" category on your xbox one. I didn't try playing without doing that first so I can't confirm if everything runs smoothly if you don't. Maybe you don't even have to install all the updates, I didn't want to risk it though.

Hrm. I seem to be getting an audio bug in Battlefield 3. I can't hear tanks moving, even when they are.

Weird.

That's an oooooold bug. Did you install the updates (like I mention above) before playing?

Figments

Yep. Battle reports still work on the website too which is nice. Remember to go to the "manage game" section and install everything under the "ready to install" category on your xbox one. I didn't try playing without doing that first so I can't confirm if everything runs smoothly if you don't. Maybe you don't even have to install all the updates, I didn't want to risk it though.

That's an oooooold bug. Did you install the updates (like I mention above) before playing?

Yeah. Weird.

Grazzt

Holy shit BFBC2!!! Downloading now!!!
BF 3 is garbage, no one should choose bf3 over bc2.

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I'M FINALLY GONNA BE REUNITED WITH MY ABAKAN!

TwO3IAy.gif
ikr. got more than 4000 kills with that gun.
Edit: just checked my stats, it's actually 6000.

-hadouken

Worst thing about BC2 and BF3 on 360 was the screen tearing. Downloading em now - can't wait to play em vsynced!

Why would anyone want to play BF3 over BC2? :(

Superior controls, for one. BF3 still feels slick and contemporary - BC2 feels clunky (especially without the ability for lateral movement when sprinting.)

SpartanN92

Banned
I'm starting to feel like everytime Gamestop raises a copy of any 360 title we have a likely hint, anyone has noticed a recent rise in any non backward game?

Bad Company 2 is awesome, buy it if you haven't best Battlefield on console.

Man I remember looking at the prices of RDR skyrocket when the BC rumors were swirling.

Is anybody else starting to feel pressure to pick up all the games they've been meaning to buy on 360 before they become backwards compatible and leap in price?

Yup, Bad Company 2 is still the best Battlefield and best multiplayer shooter ever created.

Battlefield 3 is weird for me, though. I mostly stuck to the PC version during it's life and playing the 704p, 30fps version on my 4K TV is straight up ugly. Core gameplay is still fantastic though.

Top Bottom