• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Kai Ozu

Ninja Gaiden 2... I want all of them on Xbox...

They should just do a collection at this point. I really want to play all of them again.

jbug617

Banned
Black Ops 2 twitter finally got a response from someone at MS.

@XboxP3 1h1 hour ago: @BlackOpsXboxOne Oh I see them, I see them daily on twitter. Team knows that a lot of people are passionate about these 2 in BC.
@XboxP3: @bringbo2back_ @BlackOpsXboxOne Please don't take my lack of response on BO2 as a lack of caring, I really want to see this come to BC.

I am trying to use a 1TB external HDD on my xbox one and the console doesn't recognize it at all. I've tried two different 3.0 cables and two different ports. Any ideas? It doesn't even display it for media storage.

Isn't this supposed to be plug in and go?

Edit - I tried it on my S instead and it immediately was recognized and formatted. But the original XBone is the one I need more storage on. Any ideas?

Leflus

Wait, so if a BC game gets delisted, it wouldn't be BC anymore? Since it has to download from a server? Fuck, man. That's scary.
No. If you own it, you can download it. Delistings doesn't change that.

I think what he means is that a delisted game has less of a chance to get BC support.

shanafan

I think what he means is that a delisted game has less of a chance to get BC support.

Right. Like, you won't see the Turtles in Time Reshelled game anytime soon i.e. never.

But, it's still playable on Xbox 360 if you bought it before it got delisted.

Phil Fish

Banned

Wasn't Forza delisted?

Are people still able to use their disc to download the game again if they've deleted it, or if it's their first time downloading it?

Leflus

Wasn't Forza delisted?

Are people still able to use their disc to download the game again if they've deleted it, or if it's their first time downloading it?
Forza Horizon was delisted, yes.

I can download the digital version of Forza Horizon whenever I want. Delistings doesn't remove the game from your library.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
I am pretty sure some delisted games are BC and if you own them you can still download and install them.

Aren't there examples of this?

Edit: already answered as I was typing this!

Cth

Did anyone ever have any luck redownloading Marble Blast Ultra.. I've checked my purchase history and I'm not having any luck.

Is there a cut off point for the web interface? I've been an XBL member for a lot longer than 2010 which is where it ends on the website for me.

muzzymate

Did anyone ever have any luck redownloading Marble Blast Ultra.. I've checked my purchase history and I'm not having any luck.

Is there a cut off point for the web interface? I've been an XBL member for a lot longer than 2010 which is where it ends on the website for me.

For me, Marble Blast Ultra is listed on this page: https://live.xbox.com/en-US/download/history but not the new: https://account.xbox.com/en-US/MyGames/Xbox360. I purchased it July of 2006.

No idea why. Also strangely, both pages say I own Fable II, but if I goto Fable II's page it asks me to buy it again and I can't download it from my Xbox One.

Synth

Wait, so if a BC game gets delisted, it wouldn't be BC anymore? Since it has to download from a server? Fuck, man. That's scary.

No, if a BC game gets delisted it will remain available to anyone that owns it, whether that be a disc or digital copy. You're still able to redownload the game.

However, if a game gets delisted before being made BC, then it becomes very unlikely that the game will become BC in the future, and the game will essentially die on the 360.

In the case of something like Forza Horizon (and Castle of Illusion) the games were made available on BC just before they were delisted. This at least allows all current owners to play the game on XB1, and likely any future Xbox hardware.

W.S.

No, if a BC game gets delisted it will remain available to anyone that owns it, whether that be a disc or digital copy. You're still able to redownload the game.

However, if a game gets delisted before being made BC, then it becomes very unlikely that the game will become BC in the future, and the game will essentially die on the 360.

In the case of something like Forza Horizon (and Castle of Illusion) the games were made available on BC just before they were delisted. This at least allows all current owners to play the game on XB1, and likely any future Xbox hardware.

There was one exception to that which was Pure, I'm so glad I nabbed that digitally on sale before it was delisted.

Top Bottom