• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

CyReN

eb6455928c11ce28fcd637f5df905f9e.png

DOWN

Banned
A lot of the remaining most requested are not coming due to licensing issues, publisher issues, desire to hold them back for promotional use, etc.
Disappointing. There's some big ass games that aren't getting remastered that would be nice for them to allow on 360 as BC

EmiPrime

Feel free to add me if you want to play some VOOT, would be nice to play with fellow beginners instead of getting our arses beat by middle aged Japanese men who only have Virtual On games played on their Xbox profiles. My tag is my username.

Zeta Oni

Bollocks. What reason is there for no Mark of the Ninja? A Microsoft published game?

Licensing issues still apply to games that MS has control over, that's why we still haven't seen a single Project Gotham Racing title, its all that licensed music (and cars). It's also probably why we still don't have Crackdown either, because the entire soundtrack for the game is custom made and the radio plays various licensed electronic songs from real artists.

Breakage

Licensing issues still apply to games that MS has control over, that's why we still haven't seen a single Project Gotham Racing title, its all that licensed music (and cars). It's also probably why we still don't have Crackdown either, because the entire soundtrack for the game is custom made and the radio plays various licensed electronic songs from real artists.
Yeah, that's why I don't see any of the X360's PGRs or OG Xbox's Rallisport Challenge 2 and PGRs happening. I wonder what is holding (Microsoft Studios published) Ninja Gaiden II up though; there's no licensed content in that game.

Yeah, that's why I don't see any of the X360's PGRs or OG Xbox's Rallisport Challenge 2 and PGRs happening. I wonder what is holding (Microsoft Studios published) Ninja Gaiden II up though; there's no licensed content in that game.

Could be priorities, I mean IIRC Forza Motorsport 4 has its own original soundtrack and that is still not on the program yet. 5 and 6 might be big improvements but I still do like the driving in that game.

Wish I had a better example than that, though.

Keinning

thank god for radiant silvergun to wash the bad taste of kane & lynch 2 from my soul

Could be priorities, I mean IIRC Forza Motorsport 4 has its own original soundtrack and that is still not on the program yet. 5 and 6 might be big improvements but I still do like the driving in that game.

licenses are not only for music
specially in racing games using real cars

Breakage

It [Forza 4] has licensed cars though. Imo, anything with real cars is unlikely to make it on to the BC list.

Keinning

Horizon 1 made it to the list, and was only pulled because of music licensing. Though you are right, cars do need to be licensed and whatnot.

Seeing as DLC with no new music was going to be delisted as well, i believe the case with Horizon was car licenses expiring instead of music. Which they probably renewed for horizon 3 and thus could get the first game back to the store

EmiPrime

Even though Microsoft published it Koei-Tecmo might be holding it up as they are seemingly uninterested in signing off on BC. There have been 0 Koei BC games and only 2 Tecmo published BC games (both externally developed indies) despite both being quite prolific on 360.

Seeing as DLC with no new music was going to be delisted as well, i believe the case with Horizon was car licenses expiring instead of music. Which they probably renewed for horizon 3 and thus could get the first game back to the store

Good points, ah well. Pipe dream, but never say never. If Microsoft is serious about iterative consoles, I'll hold out hope that we see (almost) every Xbox game ever published someday.

Top Bottom