• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

EYEL1NER

And here I just said recently that I hoped we'd get some EDF games as BC. I'll take a break from EDF2 on Vita to play some Insect Armageddon, even if it is the worst of the 360 EDF games. Here's hoping we get 2017 and 2025 soon, because I'll throw down on those for sure.

angelic

Banned
IA sucks, and I speak as a huge EDF fan who's played a good 20 hours of it, trying to like it. The guns are puny, the explosions have no impact, enemies are bullet sponges, but worst of all is the horribly small active reload window. It's slick but saps all of the fun out.

this thread, every Tuesday and Thursday

XNQxb2.gif

Today I'm hoping for Tony Hawk HD so I can buy the DLC on X1 to use with my 360 version rather than rebuy the base game on Steam and buy the DLC there

IA sucks, and I speak as a huge EDF fan who's played a good 20 hours of it, trying to like it. The guns are puny, the explosions have no impact, enemies are bullet sponges, but worst of all is the horribly small active reload window. It's slick but saps all of the fun out.

I agree. I couldn't get over that my guns felt like they were doing nothing.

angelic

Banned
I agree. I couldn't get over that my guns felt like they were doing nothing.

One of the joys of EDF for me is just holding fire on a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo...the kind of weapon you usually save for bosses in other games. IA makes you hit that active reload every single damn shot, and if you miss it....enjoy that slow reload. It removes even the basic pleasure of shooting.

muzzymate

No, the 360 version never got the rewrite/update like the PS3 version, but it was never as bad off as the PS3 version to begin with. Sure the frame rate still dipped into the high 40 frame rates at times on the 360, but the Xbox One emulator helps smooth out GPU bound games, so maybe...

Gestault

No, the 360 version never got the rewrite/update like the PS3 version, but it was never as bad off as the PS3 version to begin with. Sure the frame rate still dipped into the high 40 frame rates at times on the 360, but the Xbox One emulator helps smooth out GPU bound games, so maybe...

Yup, I was going to say something similar.

Azzawon

IIRC, this was free with GWG a while back. Glad to see it's BC now. Plus, now Xbox One owners don't have to suffer with only the first version of Street Fighter IV anymore. Lol.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Looking forward to giving this a try!

muzzymate

IIRC, this was free with GWG a while back.

It was. Glad I kept redeeming the 360 GWG games even after I moved onto the Xbox One and didn't have a 360 anymore. It'll be nice to finally play this version of the game. I own the vanilla version digitally as well. No reason to keep that around, right?

Does that mean we can play Ultra SFIV??? Whats the point of Super?

I thought Ultra was just DLC for this release. I would imagine that DLC carries over if so. Can someone confirm before I purchase the Ultra upgrade?

Fox Mulder

It still has the genocide gun or whatever it's called in this version though. Killed your framerate and most of the map too.

CRAIG667

With Ultra, I now have everything on my 'most wanted' list.

Would like to see LA Noire, Tony Hawks HD (unlikely) and a couple of others but all in all, thanks MS! You've got a customer for life if you continue the way you are.

The only reason I want an Xbox One (S or X) is to play Red Dead Redemption again (in the best possible way) before RDR 2 comes out. I just can't take the plunge to buy a whole console that doesn't interest me (I've played all the Forza's and Gears and Halos I would ever want to play) except for Backward Compatibility. First World Problem right there.

I was begging for years.. finally. Me and boys back on this shit lol. Had to play mortal kombat, injustice and KI for shits and giggles.. we wasn't feeling SFV like that either. Finally!

NullMoon

Neo Member
Oh Microsoft... why won't you let me use my 360 Arcade Stick!!?

Buy a Brook converter. It's like 35 and allows you to use 360 periphrials (including fightsticks) on Xbox One. Have one that's Xbox 360/Xbox One to PS4 that I use to play Street Fighter V with my 360 stick that works flawless with 0 input lag.

I'd post a link but their site is down for maintenance.

Top Bottom